Signing Day News ~ OC Recruits

SK80

Signing Day News ~ OC Recruits

Postby SK80 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:17 am

Impressive day for Orange County Football... :notworthy: With so much news today and likely to come figured this would make a great thread... Congrats to all the players whom will pursue an education and suit up again to play the game they love... needless to say, #WeLove ! =D>

Nothing short of stellar when the TIDE rolls into the OC and signs your "Big Man"....
TommyBrown.png
TommyBrown.png (214.34 KiB) Viewed 2160 times

Here is a great list/thread of the early signees.... much to talk about!

Signing Day Updates: Mater Dei’s Tommy Brown, Mission Viejo’s Christian LaValle among early signees

https://www.ocregister.com/2017/12/20/f ... y-signees/

SK80

Re: Signing Day News ~ OC Recruits

Postby SK80 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:26 am

This from Eric Sondheimer today...... New Year prediction.... any MD'ers want to weigh in...?

Receiver Amon-ra St. Brown of Mater Dei will forget about announcing his college choice by picking from three hats. Instead, he’ll announce his selection in German and French and no one will need an interpreter when he says, “USC.”

Sweetness34

Postby Sweetness34 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:01 am

Thats just Sondheimer trying to funny. Not worth mentioning or asking about. But then again you never know with St. Brown.

SK80

Postby SK80 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:15 am

I always wonder the thought process of super highly talented combos not wanting to continue.... together. Especially if yo are the best HS team in America with the best HS QB in America and you are his main target number #1 record breaking receiver. More times than not we see them go their different ways.... :eh?:

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:17 pm

and you are his main target number #1 record breaking receiver

I wonder if you know he's a senior
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

joefutbol

Postby joefutbol » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:26 pm

SK80 wrote:I always wonder the thought process of super highly talented combos not wanting to continue.... together. Especially if yo are the best HS team in America with the best HS QB in America and you are his main target number #1 record breaking receiver. More times than not we see them go their different ways.... :eh?:

If he wanted to play with the best high school quarterback in America he'd be going to Clemson.

SK80

Postby SK80 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:14 am

Clemson...? Hunter Johnson........?

NJtoNYCtoSOC

Postby NJtoNYCtoSOC » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:31 am

Trevor Lawrence, top overall player in Class of ‘18...first QB with that distinction since Matt Barkley. To be fair, Daniels was rated in Class of ‘19 all year.

Neil76

Postby Neil76 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:13 am

Best high school QB or not, if I were a receiver I'd have concerns about USC's offense. Who will be calling the plays next year?

SK80

Postby SK80 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:14 am

best point yet Neil..., watching yesterdays games USC and the entire west coast needs to make some major adjustments. Jama and Georgia are going to the Championship because of the war in the trenches they won respectively. Like MD did this year in winning those battles. Maybe ST. B follows his lineman to Alabama!

Best story of the day was the QB kid Fromm a true Freshman whom was playing HS ball in Georgia on a somewhat decent but not great team. The Rose Bowl was a BIG TIME BIG BOY game and he played stellar. Regardless of how great the players around him were usually in that situation the inexperienced guy makes the big mistake, bad read or major fail decision. From was a top 10 Pro-Style QB rated by ESPN last year... amongst Jack Sears and Chase Garbers in that Top 10.

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/foot ... w/position

HSQB17.png

SK80

Postby SK80 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:57 pm

Omar Bongo wrote:and you are his main target number #1 record breaking receiver

I wonder if you know he's a senior

@Bongo #BooYa

USC_ARST.B.PNG

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:25 pm

Haden-McKay II
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

Donald Trump

SK80

Postby SK80 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:56 am

"Haden-McKay II" nice call Bongo... an unstoppable combo that ruled Southland HS Football.

Bishop Amat's QB Pat Haden and TE John McKay, CIF Co-Players of the year, stand proudly with the perpetual 4-A Championship Trophy. Bishop Amat High. La Puente, Calif. 1970

hadenmckaytrophy.jpg

Crazy to think that 31,000 fans watched that championship game between Bishop Amat and Lakewood at the Memorial Coliseum in Los Angeles! Better yet is how the game played out to a tie and how the tie breaker worked back then. The ball placed at the 50 yard line. Each team runs 4 plays. Where the spot of the ball is after those combined 8 plays determines the winner. Simply "Tug-O-War"!

There is a great story posted here http://www.lakewoodfootball.com/wr-rick-gillies.html about the 1970 season :thumbsup: All you history buffs will enjoy.

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:12 pm

SK80 wrote:Source of the post "Haden-McKay II" nice call Bongo... an unstoppable combo that ruled Southland HS Football.

Servite stopped them in 1969, (with a lot of help from the rain) 7-5.

They made us pay for it the following year, as seniors, beating us by 5 TDs.
Well, obviously we have giant butterflies in CA. They's climbin' in your windows, They's snatchin' your people up, tryin' to steal 'em. So y'all need to hide your kids, hide your stars, and hide your coaches cause they're grabin' everybody out here.

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:00 pm

It's good too know not all your memories of playing in the rain are this bad

Speaking of that '70 game, without rain Haden had 416 yards passing against the Friars...pretty much the definition of unstoppable
George Will

Donald Trump

Johnny Utah

Postby Johnny Utah » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:45 pm

Wow, I don't know how many yards he had at Pius X in 69, I think it set a bunch of records at the time. But they beat us 80-9, I think also a record. That's crazy cuz we only lost to Servite 7-0.
"Jesus told the story of the Prodigal Son to make a simple point: never mind what you've done, just come home."

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:55 pm

Omar Bongo wrote:Source of the post Speaking of that '70 game, without rain Haden had 416 yards passing against the Friars...pretty much the definition of unstoppable

Very interesting, Omar. And tell us how many yards they had that same year when they hung 48 points on Mater Dei? (48-16 ouch)
Well, obviously we have giant butterflies in CA. They's climbin' in your windows, They's snatchin' your people up, tryin' to steal 'em. So y'all need to hide your kids, hide your stars, and hide your coaches cause they're grabin' everybody out here.

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:01 pm

Johnny Utah wrote:Source of the post Wow, I don't know how many yards he had at Pius X in 69, I think it set a bunch of records at the time. But they beat us 80-9, I think also a record. That's crazy cuz we only lost to Servite 7-0.
Servite was all defense, no offense that year. We only scored 7 against St.Paul (at least that's what the refs said), 7 against Amat, and 13 against MD (missing the 2 point conversion that would have won it), and the 7 against Pius X.

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:37 pm

Johnny Utah wrote:Wow, I don't know how many yards he had at Pius X in 69, I think it set a bunch of records at the time. But they beat us 80-9

Haden passed for 470 and McKay had 13 catches for 323

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:44 pm

Professor Fate wrote:Source of the post And tell us how many yards they had that same year when they hung 48 points on Mater Dei?

I'd rather talk about Signing Day News - OC Recruits...you know, the topic?

But if you think your reminisces about Servite's glory years are as fascinating to everybody else as they are to you, by all means, start a thread

Return to “High School”