Bryce Young

cruiser

Bryce Young

Postby cruiser » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:32 pm

..per OCRegister, touted junior to be QB (number #1 duel QB in the nation for class 2020)
announces he is headed to Mater Dei.

ventura

Re: Bryce Young

Postby ventura » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:37 pm

watchersince68 posted a week or two ago "I would like to think that MD is the new SJB but as I have maintained from the beginning the lure of having high school's best QB was quite a draw and guys wanted to play with
him. With JT gone who knows what could happen."

Looks like "the lure" is back.

HSFB4Life

Postby HSFB4Life » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:39 pm

Yes he announced it per twitter. Watch for more high end receivers to come to MD as well. MD has the line in place, they're beefy but not as tall.

The MD / Bosch match up will be fun to look forward to watching.

HSFB4Life

Postby HSFB4Life » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:42 pm

He announced via twitter. I expect some receivers to come to MD as well. We need a DT as they might stick Keyon Ware Hudson at End.

watchersince68

Postby watchersince68 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:03 pm

Cruiser
Unable to verify your sighting can you give us a link?

cruiser

Postby cruiser » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:09 pm

Hmm, no one uses twitter around here? Go to Dan Albano (@ocvarsityguy) twitter

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:11 pm

If this is true, it's just another example of just how bad a decision it is, for good to very good athletes to attend Mater Dei. Whoever backed up J.T.Daniels, hoping to succeed him when he graduated, can now kiss their hopes goodbye. Carter Freedland and whoever the lower level QBs were, can now forget any hope of starting at Mater Dei for the next two years.

And for the Freshman (and younger) in line, you can bet that there will be another superstar QB transferring in when Bryce Young graduates. If you think there won't be...you're kidding yourself.
Well, obviously we have giant butterflies in CA. They's climbin' in your windows, They's snatchin' your people up, tryin' to steal 'em. So y'all need to hide your kids, hide your stars, and hide your coaches cause they're grabin' everybody out here.

cruiser

Postby cruiser » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:15 pm

So,would you say the same thing if he was transfering into Servite?

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:22 pm

1. He's not.
2. It almost never happens at Servite. In fact, I can't remember any star QBs transferring into Servite since Turk Schonert in 1972, and he came in as a sophomore and rode the bench his first varsity season.
Well, obviously we have giant butterflies in CA. They's climbin' in your windows, They's snatchin' your people up, tryin' to steal 'em. So y'all need to hide your kids, hide your stars, and hide your coaches cause they're grabin' everybody out here.

cruiser

Postby cruiser » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:35 pm

Fate -I didn't ask that, would you still feel the same way in your initial post if he was
transferring into Servite?

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:40 pm

No, again, because it would be a once in a generation thing if it happened at Servite. But this is the new normal for Mater Dei. If you decide to attend MD, you need to realize that this sort of thing happens in multiple sports pretty regularly at MD.
If you decide to attend Servite, your chances of this happening to you are slim to none.

jb914

Postby jb914 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:49 pm

Professor Fate » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:40 pm
No, again, because it would be a once in a generation thing if it happened at Servite. But this is the new normal for Mater Dei.

oh, so those kids that transferred into Servite last year don't count?

or is your hypocritical argument based on 4-5* prospects only?

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:54 pm

You post makes no sense. I am talking about players who were already established superstars at other schools before transferring to MD. None of those transfers into Servite fit that decription, now do they?

jb914

Postby jb914 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:00 pm

I am talking about players who were already established superstars at other schools before transferring to MD. None of those transfers into Servite fit that decription, now do they?

Servite only accepts transfers from players who are not superstars? Now I understand.

MDDad

Postby MDDad » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:01 pm

Professor Fate wrote:If you decide to attend Servite, your chances of this happening to you are slim to none.

Are you joking? Would you like me to make a list?

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:03 pm

Of established superstars who then transferred to Servite? Yes I would.

Playthegame

Postby Playthegame » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:08 pm

Hard to imagine the top QB prospect in the Nation transferring to Servite, so if honest any Servite fan would be thrilled to win the Mega QB lottery...

What are the odds of one school having the two top QB prospects in the Nation in two years...any math guys care to swag those odds.

It confirms disparity and adds more weight to the need to form an elite conference for the top elite programs if this kind of statistical anomaly is going to repeat on a regular basis...

I miss the days when Servite would beat Olu and Olu would beat Mater Dei and then Mater Dei beat Servite all in the same year and the Trinity league champ was anybody's guess...

There was once parody in the league, and competition in the division, now you know before the season even starts who the D1 semi finalists will be...something needs to change if HSFB is to be a sporting affair once again...even when MV was a contender it was never a blow out affair. 1-3 point standard deviation...

watchersince68

Postby watchersince68 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:50 pm

Happy to see Bryce picking MD over SJB. CC, MV or even Servite. Too bad another year of moaning and crying
by most of you out there, although SJB already has their superstar. We should have a pool of just how many times we hear "Best team money can buy" or "I don't recognize this team any more". Time to put on your big boy pants and
realize this is what it is going to be. Just remember MD did not start this.

Bryce's post sounded like he did it with as much class as possible.

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:54 pm

MD DID start this. First in basketball, and then opened the floodgates for football with their lawsuit against the CIF.

MDDad

Postby MDDad » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:56 pm

Professor Fate wrote:Of established superstars who then transferred to Servite? Yes I would.

I'm sorry, Professor, but I'm still trying to understand just how many ways you've split these hairs? If a life-long Mater Dei kid loses his chance at a starting job because a 4-star kid transfers in, it's a tragedy. But if a life-long Servite kid loses his chance at a starting job because something less than a 4-star kid transfers in, it's somehow acceptable? Please explain the difference.

Return to “High School”