Trinity League Wrestling

Professor Fate

Trinity League Wrestling

Postby Professor Fate » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:11 pm

Servite's Fightin' Friars defeated Mater Dei 58-9 tonight to open Trinity League competition.

The Monarch program must not be getting much support at MD, as they defaulted at four different weight classes.

They did take a 6-0 lead winning at 120 pounds, and scored 3 points in the final match of the night at 113 pounds, but in between, the Friars ran of 58 straight points.

D. Magaña, Cazarin and Higa win by fall for the Friars.

Well, obviously we have giant butterflies in CA. They's climbin' in your windows, They's snatchin' your people up, tryin' to steal 'em. So y'all need to hide your kids, hide your stars, and hide your coaches cause they're grabin' everybody out here.

cruiser

Re: Trinity League Wrestling

Postby cruiser » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:46 pm

The Servite Wrestling program is top flight since the AD is the HC. The sport is especially
inviting for kids that can wrestle in the lower weight classes. ( many more weight options
in the lower weight classes than from 195lbs and up)?

I'm sure the AD pushes for the smaller kids to come out and try wrestling. He is a great coach.

ShaneFalco

Postby ShaneFalco » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:48 pm

It's hard to believe that a school of 2,200 students, presumably 1,100 boys cannot fill a wrestling roster. All the Catholics riding the pine on the MD football roster, primarily the bigger boys are guaranteed to start yet they'd rather be cheerleaders and receive a participation ring. Very strange.

MDDad

Postby MDDad » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:27 am

58-9, are you kidding me? I can understand winning by five or ten points, but these schools that have basically put together all-star teams so they can blow out regular schools by 49 points is ridiculous. My sources tell me Servite vans in kickboxers from Thailand, jiu jitsu kids from Brazil, and a couple kids on the team have even had one or two matches in the UFC or WWE. And I hear none of those kids speak a word of English or pay a dime in tuition. To make matters worse, all of their dads are thugs. What the hell has happened to a school that used to pride itself on academics, tradition and kids from the surrounding neighborhoods? I guess now it’s just win at all costs, right? Credo.

Ginger88

Postby Ginger88 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:04 am

Somebody has gotten a little sensitive about their football team being the best that money can buy!

watchersince68

Postby watchersince68 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:14 am

Servite Wrestling Team
Best team money can buy, IMG west, must be paying all those kids to play, disgusting. Sucking up all those
kids from surrounding areas, How many transferred in, I wonder.

Neil76

Postby Neil76 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:29 am

Believe it or not, there are some high school sports where it's still possible to win without cheating. However, if it ever becomes common to recruit 8th grade wrestlers, pay their tuition, and sacrifice the integrity and culture of a program to win, I'm sure Mater Dei will then dominate.

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:08 pm

Nice 2nd post, "Neil"...you really hit the ground running
"How America elected a narcissist, racist, white supremacist to be their president defies logic"
Boniface Mwangi

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

dont be that guy

Postby dont be that guy » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:48 pm

MDDad wrote:58-9, are you kidding me? I can understand winning by five or ten points, but these schools that have basically put together all-star teams so they can blow out regular schools by 49 points is ridiculous. My sources tell me Servite vans in kickboxers from Thailand, jiu jitsu kids from Brazil, and a couple kids on the team have even had one or two matches in the UFC or WWE. And I hear none of those kids speak a word of English or pay a dime in tuition. To make matters worse, all of their dads are thugs. What the hell has happened to a school that used to pride itself on academics, tradition and kids from the surrounding neighborhoods? I guess now it’s just win at all costs, right? Credo.

You can make light of the insanity of the football program but, man, 4 forfeits. That’s embarrassing.

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:16 pm

WTF? Orange Lutheran defaulted in 7 weight classes. Servite wins 74-4. It looks like I may owe the Bosco wrestling team an apology. Last year I jumped on them for pouring it on against O Lu, but if they were defaulting like this back then, how can you avoid it?

So, Bosco, if that was the case last year, then I apologize for the criticism. Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.
Well, obviously we have giant butterflies in CA. They's climbin' in your windows, They's snatchin' your people up, tryin' to steal 'em. So y'all need to hide your kids, hide your stars, and hide your coaches cause they're grabin' everybody out here.

Return to “High School”