Intensified Flirting

Omar Bongo

Intensified Flirting

Postby Omar Bongo » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:27 pm

Not surprised at the backlash, but I am at the source:

A collective of 100 French women including film star Catherine Deneuve have signed an open letter defending men's "freedom to pester" women...the group of writers, performers, academics and businesswomen denounced a "hatred of men and sexuality" and the recent wave of "denunciations." Men's "freedom to pester" is "indispensable to sexual freedom," they wrote.

http://edition.cnn.com/2018/01/10/europe/catherine-deneuve-france-letter-metoo-intl/index.html

Either Catherine misses the "good old days" being a teenage actress in the '50s, or she's pulling for a Trump ambassadorship

"Rape is a crime, but insistent or clumsy flirting is not an offense, nor is gallantry macho aggression"..."the [Me Too] movement chains women to the status of the eternal victim" by framing them as "poor little things who are dominated by demon phallocrats."

At the very least, if all the men outed by #MeToo band together and form a political party, we have the name all ready to go...

MDDad

Re: Intensified Flirting

Postby MDDad » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:34 pm

On the other hand, I heard an interesting radio discussion yesterday. Apparently a growing number of business executives have quietly stated that they will be less likely to hire women in the future. The reasoning is hard to refute: Why take on the added risk?

Omar Bongo

Re: Intensified Flirting

Postby Omar Bongo » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:07 pm

But we knew that was coming, didn't we? That's really just a logical extension of the time-worn tactic known as "submit or go hungry", I'm just surprised it took this long for their PR people to let it "leak". And I doubt they'd actually follow through with it, though...if they did, there wouldn't be anyone around the office to molest
"How America elected a narcissist, racist, white supremacist to be their president defies logic"
Boniface Mwangi

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

Return to “World”