Fiat Chrysler Moving Ram Plant from Mexico to Michigan

Professor Fate

Fiat Chrysler Moving Ram Plant from Mexico to Michigan

Postby Professor Fate » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:34 pm

Fiat Chrysler Automobiles is feeling good about tax reform. So good that it says it's moving some of its truck production from Mexico to Michigan.

The automaker announced Thursday that it will spend more than $1 billion to revamp its Warren Truck Assembly Plant, which will start making the Ram heavy-duty truck in 2020. The truck is currently made in Saltillo, Mexico.

Fiat Chrysler said it will add 2,500 jobs in Michigan to support the move.

The company also said it's giving one-time $2,000 bonuses to 60,000 U.S. workers.
"It is only proper that our employees share in the savings generated by tax reform and that we openly acknowledge the resulting improvement in the U.S. business environment by investing in our industrial footprint accordingly," CEO Sergio Marchionne said in a press release.

http://money.cnn.com/2018/01/11/news/co ... index.html

Congratulations to Michigan workers.
Last edited by Professor Fate on Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Well, obviously we have giant butterflies in CA. They's climbin' in your windows, They's snatchin' your people up, tryin' to steal 'em. So y'all need to hide your kids, hide your stars, and hide your coaches cause they're grabin' everybody out here.

Professor Fate

Re: Fiat Chrysler Moving Ram Plant from Mexico to Michigan

Postby Professor Fate » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:44 pm

Also, The prized $1.6 billion car factory awarded to Alabama by Toyota Motor and Mazda Motor could be an even bigger win than expected, as the site’s size leaves plenty of room for future expansions.

The 2,500-acre Huntsville location announced Wednesday is more than twice as big as the 1,100 acres the partners targeted initially, according to Bob Carter, Toyota’s sales chief for North America.

The Japanese automakers had been narrowing the list of possible locations for months before choosing the site that’s just 14 miles from Toyota’s nearby engine plant. The final location in the mostly non-unionized South also came with tax credits, abatements and training worth $370 million, according to Jerry Underwood, a spokesman for the Alabama Department of Commerce. The factory is expected to create 4,000 new jobs.

“Good news: Toyota and Mazda announce giant new Huntsville, Alabama, plant which will produce over 300,000 cars and SUV’s a year and employ 4000 people,” U.S. President Donald Trump tweeted. “Companies are coming back to the U.S. in a very big way. Congratulations Alabama!"

http://fortune.com/2018/01/11/toyota-ma ... car-plant/
Well, obviously we have giant butterflies in CA. They's climbin' in your windows, They's snatchin' your people up, tryin' to steal 'em. So y'all need to hide your kids, hide your stars, and hide your coaches cause they're grabin' everybody out here.

SoulPatrol

Postby SoulPatrol » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:26 pm

"And look at all the businesses moving to California", said no one.

Bick

Postby Bick » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:02 pm

Professor Fate wrote:Source of the post Fiat Chrysler Automobiles is feeling good about tax reform. So good that it says it's moving some of its truck production from Mexico to Michigan.

The automaker announced Thursday that it will spend more than $1 billion to revamp its Warren Truck Assembly Plant, which will start making the Ram heavy-duty truck in 2020. The truck is currently made in Saltillo, Mexico.

Fiat Chrysler said it will add 2,500 jobs in Michigan to support the move.

Yet another example of Trump being a RACIST. He's supporting jobs coming from Mexico because he hates Mexicans.

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:11 pm

Mexico may have just started paying for the wall. :mrgreen:

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:39 am

SoulPatrol wrote:"And look at all the businesses moving to California", said no one.

Our economy just keeps improving with home grown start ups.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

SoulPatrol

Postby SoulPatrol » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:20 am

There aren't anywhere near enough start ups to pay for the Bullet train slush fund, let alone Jerry's kids. (Illegal aliens)

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:13 am

The CA economy continues to grow.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Tommy Tar

Postby Tommy Tar » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:25 am

Let's see where Amazon puts their new headquarters. $5,000,000,000,000.00 in investments and 50,000 jobs. Amazon just listed the final 20 locations. My pick is Indianapolis.

Austin, Texas
Boston
Chicago
Columbus, Ohio
Dallas
Denver
Indianapolis
Los Angeles
Miami
Montgomery County, Md.
Nashville, Tenn.
Newark, N.J.
New York City
Northern Virginia
Philadelphia
Pittsburgh
Raleigh, N.C.
Toronto
Washington, D.C.
‘I Haven’t Seen Democrats This Mad Since We Freed the Slaves!’..... Rob Schneider.

MDDad

Postby MDDad » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:20 am

Honest to God, I heard a news report about that list on the radio this morning. The reporter said, "Besides Los Angeles, the only other city on the west coast is Denver." Do we still teach geography in school, or has it been dropped for transgender sensitivity seminars?

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:43 am

Maybe the person went to school in Texas.

My money's on Raleigh or Toronto.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

MDDad

Postby MDDad » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:50 am

John Q. Public wrote:Maybe the person went to school in Texas.

...or L.A. Unified.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:23 pm

Or Servite. Everybody knows Denver's in Central America.

SoulPatrol

Postby SoulPatrol » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:06 pm

Wabash wrote:Our economy just keeps improving with home grown start ups.

That just isn't true and won't be even if you repeat it three times while clicking the heels of your ruby red slippers.

Over 10,000 companies have left California since 2007, including Toyota, Nissan NA, Carl's Jr, and Nestle. Jacobs Engineering Group, a firm that generates 12 Billion annually, left Pasadena for Texas.

What 'home grown startups' are going to replace that lost tax revenue, not to mention the jobs?

MDDad

Postby MDDad » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:15 pm

A couple hundred thousand pot dispensaries will easily make up for the loss.

Plus all the tax revenue from the bullet train.

SoulPatrol

Postby SoulPatrol » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:28 pm

Yeah, the bullet train. (font=sarcasm) That ought to be a huge moneymaker. As for the dope stores, the strict regulation practically guarantees a huge tax windfall.(/sarcasm)

I know it hasn't happened in recent memory, but if and when the federal law is eenforce, the party's over.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:35 pm

SoulPatrol wrote:Source of the post Over 10,000 companies have left California since 2007, including Toyota, Nissan NA, Carl's Jr, and Nestle. Jacobs Engineering Group, a firm that generates 12 Billion annually, left Pasadena for Texas.

Yet the state GDP continues to rise. Unemployment (according to the BLS) is lower than the national average.

SoulPatrol

Postby SoulPatrol » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:00 pm

Unemployment rates are based on the amount of people collecting unemployment benefits. It doesn't take into account the people who have used up those benefits and have given up. Take a ride along the Santa Ana riverbed or through the Fashion district in downtown LA for a sampling of the folks who aren't even considered. Then add in illegals, if you can count that high. I only mention them because if we're going to be a sanctuary state, then they need to be included, too.
My point being, statistics are huge fabrications designed to support a political agenda.

According to
The Public Policy Institute of California, 4 out of 10 Californians are living at or below the poverty line.

Tell them how well the state is doing economically.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:05 pm

The bullet train is becoming a dumberer idea by the day, but our poverty rate has almost nothing to do with our tax or political situation. Same as all those Midwestern red states' situations don't.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:29 pm

SoulPatrol wrote:Source of the post Tell them how well the state is doing economically.

You just let it be known that trickle down econ is a failure.

Return to “The Economy”