Troy Thomas is no longer at Crespi

insidetrinity

Troy Thomas is no longer at Crespi

Postby insidetrinity » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:25 pm

is no longer at crespi
Last edited by John Q. Public on Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Made the title DESCRIBE the topic

SK80

Re: troy thomas

Postby SK80 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:27 pm

just posted that in COACHES RESIGNING thread..... :thumbsup:

itsmyopinionx

Postby itsmyopinionx » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:54 pm

Servite should jump on this. But, they won't.

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:35 pm

You're half right...They won't.

I think he could be good for Servite, but not as the head coach. Special teams coach, or DC maybe.

But there are not warm and fuzzy feelings on both sides, so it most likely won't happen.
Well, obviously we have giant butterflies in CA. They's climbin' in your windows, They's snatchin' your people up, tryin' to steal 'em. So y'all need to hide your kids, hide your stars, and hide your coaches cause they're grabin' everybody out here.

MD lives forever

TROY THOMAS BACK AT SERVITE AS DC

Postby MD lives forever » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:13 pm

Troy Thomas is available and awaiting call from Servite

Omar Bongo

Re: Troy Thomas is no longer at Crespi

Postby Omar Bongo » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:38 pm

Professor Fate wrote:Special teams coach, or DC maybe

I hear the bagpipe team needs a choreographer
"How America elected a narcissist, racist, white supremacist to be their president defies logic"
Boniface Mwangi

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

MD lives forever

Postby MD lives forever » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:40 pm

BRING THOMAS BACK :notworthy: =D> , and just maybe you'll have a chance at competing against us next year since we lost some Talent. MATER DEI will prevail in the end :D

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:45 pm

"How America elected a narcissist, racist, white supremacist to be their president defies logic"
Boniface Mwangi

Donald Trump

credofriar

Postby credofriar » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:08 pm

Troy is headed to jserra to be their defensive coordinator.
Great paycheck, only has to deal with the defense.

BTW Since MD has pulled in a bunch of new players (only a couple have been listed on here)
6 or so MD lower level players have just transfered to JSerra.
Biggest names are the youngest Genova (frosh), great RB Chris Street and jason mitchell's (jserra wr coach) his son earnest..... just to name a few.

I know your not going to believe me but I did post in late novemeber JT was going to skip his senior year AND
the qb from Cathedral was coming in....a good 5 weeks before it went down.
Only to be told by mdcoach cough, cough i mean mddad i was full of crap.

JSerra will announce this hire within next couple weeks at most.

Remember where you heard it first.

jb914 wrote:
Jt is in the process of reclassification and will enroll at USC. Will not play his senior season at md. Has nothing to do with his age.

No, you have him confused with DJ at Bosco. DJ is forgoing his final two years of HS eligibility and will be playing QB for UCLA next season. I overheard Chip Kelly on his cell at Cerritos college, while in line for the bathroom

Jason Negro has accepted the job as head football coach at Tennesee

Re-Al was granted a medical redshirt and will return to Bosco as a 5th year senior next season

Bob Johnson has come out of retirement and will be the next head coach at Bosco

you heard it all here first folks. :roll:

Omar Bongo wrote:Just in - the day after the De La Salle game he'll be suiting up for the Raiders' against Dallas...will alternate at QB and RB...also serve as Offensive Coordinator and play-by-play announcer

MDDad wrote:I wonder if it means anything to guys like credofriar when Daniels himself proclaims the story is bullcrap?

http://www.ocregister.com/2017/12/08/ma ... g-chatter/

ventura wrote:Sounds like credofriar knew this stuff somehow? Was he kidding about a Cathedral QB transfer to replace the USC bound JT?

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:41 pm

Just wanted to keep the focus on the DLS game...it worked :wink:
Boniface Mwangi

Donald Trump

hit the lights

Postby hit the lights » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:12 am

credo fire, If Thomas goes to Jserra, that will make some big time noise. Harlow and Thomas together, pulling kids from all over. Is that Earnest Mc Daniels? Freshman WR? That kid is super talented! TT also has a incoming freshman son who is going to be good! Trinity, the best money can buy! lol I like this staff! if true?

FriarJoe

Postby FriarJoe » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:40 am

Thomas is a great coach (or was). I have no idea what the heck happened at Crespi. When he was at Servite he had the machine rolling. His challenges are that he is not political in any way and does things completely his way. He’s not personable and he’s not a recruiter. Good dude but limited personality. A coordinator job might fit him perfectly. He’s also not a big Xs and Os guy but he can coach young men. Good hire if Jserra gets him.

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:20 pm

I agree Friar Joe, with almost everything in your post. He didn't recruit, is not personable, is not an Xs and Os guy on offense, but he was a DB and his defenses at Servite were very good, so either he WAS a good Xs and Os guy on defense, or he just hired great defensive coaches.

He would be a great DC at any high school. I would love to have him at Servite in that capacity, but not as a HC.

But I'd still rather have AJ Gass.
Well, obviously we have giant butterflies in CA. They's climbin' in your windows, They's snatchin' your people up, tryin' to steal 'em. So y'all need to hide your kids, hide your stars, and hide your coaches cause they're grabin' everybody out here.

Ginger88

Postby Ginger88 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:08 pm

What happened to Jeff Veeder at JSerra? I thought he was the D-coord?

templar83

Postby templar83 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:52 pm

Veeder's been gone for some time and Thomas will be a significant upgrade as DC, IMO.

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:02 pm

Professor Fate wrote:Source of the post He didn't recruit

Yeah, I'm sure you had his every conversation monitored from your surveillance center in Colorado :roll:
Boniface Mwangi

Donald Trump

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:02 pm

Unnecessary. It was well documented by none other than that anti-transfer crusader Eric Sondheimer, in this article from May 23, 2011.

Another example of a public school embracing a private school coach involves Agoura High.

Football Coach Charlie Wegher heard Troy Thomas of Anaheim Servite speak in January at a coaching clinic, and he asked him to come to Agoura to give a talk on how he has been able to use "positive coaching" to create a culture of excellence at Servite.

More than 70 coaches from different sports at Agoura and the local community came to hear Thomas speak last month.

"Troy made an amazing speech," assistant principal Matt Baldwin said. "I was ready to play for him."

This week, Agoura is bringing in the Positive Coaching Alliance to start holding workshops. Next month teachers and students will be involved, and Wegher is vowing to create a different culture at Agoura using Thomas' ideas.

"They try to put kids in leadership positions so they play more confidently," Wegher said.

People are trying to understand how Thomas has been able to guide Servite to consecutive Pac-5 Division championships without being accused of illegal recruiting.

"Whether you're a private school or public school, recruiting is wrong," Thomas said. "It's not high school athletics."

If public school coaches could feel comfortable that coaches or parents at private schools weren't trying to recruit their players, more cooperation could take place.

"I don't look at it as private school guys versus public school guys," Thomas said. "I look at it as good coaches trying to develop leadership and character traits in their young men."

Does this all mean that the public schools in the Marmonte League are going to suddenly start thinking of Westlake Village Oaks Christian and Ventura St. Bonaventure as good buddies?

Probably not, but little steps can be taken to build trust, and it takes people with courage to start looking for ways to cooperate and help one another in the very competitive field of high school sports.

Thomas said winning is a "byproduct of trying to create good leadership and good character."

Public and private schools can agree about that.

eric.sondheimer@latimes.com

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:57 pm

That's your "proof"? I got diabetes just from reading the red parts :lol:

What did you expect him to say in front of 70 coaches and reporters?
Boniface Mwangi

Donald Trump

SK80

Postby SK80 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:09 pm

Back on topic! https://www.ocregister.com/2018/01/18/f ... um=twitter

Destinations for TROY THOMAS........

hit the lights

Postby hit the lights » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:59 am

Thomas could pull a welch? From the valley to a small private, win a championship, move on to a MD or Jserra, win another championship and go down as one of the greatest coaches of all time. Doin it the right way!
TTHOMAS 2018?

Return to “High School”