Servite admin in hot water

MD lives forever

Servite admin in hot water

Postby MD lives forever » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:18 pm

Learning from others, Bowen had collapse during a private football meeting when confronted by Frank Kalil to just speak the truth and not BS the parents...

Ramon

Re: Servite admin in hot water

Postby Ramon » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:28 pm

Never Underestimate The Heart Of A Monarch
2017 Trinity League, CIF-SS Division 1, CIF State Open Division and National Champions

Dailydose

Postby Dailydose » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:09 pm

If Bowenpart did collapse, he only fell 3 feet

TheFight'nFriar

Postby TheFight'nFriar » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:19 pm

Any other context to that report? @ MD lives forever

inflagrantedelicto

Postby inflagrantedelicto » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:59 pm

Apparently, Bowen was making the argument that Servite "...is not a merely a football school..", when Kalil interrupted and told Bowen to "get real", that football is/was the reason kids attend the school. That they don't go to Servite for its basketball or baseball programs.

I've been informed by an admin in admissions that in actuality, the questions most asked by prospective students/parents are regarding the soccer program, so Kalil might not be using the most current data for his argument. There are probably 100-120 kids in Spencer's program, filling four teams.
Percussus Resurgo

Ramon

Postby Ramon » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:02 pm

inflagrantedelicto, I know you have a very special player leading on the soccer field...Congrats!!! :thumbsup:
Never Underestimate The Heart Of A Monarch
2017 Trinity League, CIF-SS Division 1, CIF State Open Division and National Champions

MD lives forever

Postby MD lives forever » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:09 pm

Fight'nFriar not much else, they just really have to get a handle on that program, so sad for those boys to have to go through this. You would think a school like Servite that preaches how well organized and professional they are would have such a poor management system considering all the money and successful alumni that they have over there. They should be ashamed as both a school and business to be operating this way, parents must be furious and it's so unfortunate for the kids. I would assume the other Trinity League schools are definitely not ran under these conditions.

MD lives forever

Postby MD lives forever » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:12 pm

Soccer golf wrestling are very successful at that school I see no reason why basketball and football cannot be just as successful, or just as competitive as the other schools in their league. In recent years that I have seen basketball games and football games in leg play are not even close when it comes to competition, you can't blame the players because they have talent as you read in local press releases so what is the real problem over there is it the coaching the administration or both

jb914

Postby jb914 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:18 pm

I tease Professor Fate about the dumpster fire of a football program, but, it's really going to be the alumni that need to drive the changes needed to turn things around. Money talks.

I sincerely hope Servite get's it together with the football program. Too much tradition at Servite.

Viking93

Postby Viking93 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:30 pm

inflagrantedelicto wrote:I've been informed by an admin in admissions that in actuality, the questions most asked by prospective students/parents are regarding the soccer program, so Kalil might not be using the most current data for his argument. There are probably 100-120 kids in Spencer's program, filling four teams.

Stop it! That's funny, I don't ever recall thousands of people in the stands watching soccer.

MD lives forever

Postby MD lives forever » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:35 pm

Jb914 agree way too much tradition for a school like that to have problems that are so out of control that they have ruined the future of that program. I'm hearing that kids from all the local private elementary schools are not interested in going to Servite which is sad because I remember when Mater Dei vs Servite wereplayed at a very high level and gathered much interest from all the surrounding communities. Both those schools along with Bosco when it comes to performance are real rich in history tradition alumni and success. I'm not taking away from Olu Sm and Jserra's successes but when it comes too deep tradition those are the schools people talked about in the 50s 60s Etc. The other schools mentioned did not come into play until later dates. In Orange County in those days Mater Dei and Servite were the go to schools now a days it seems like you're better off going to a school like Magnolia or Savannah for free and dealing with less drama then paying thousands to go to a school like Servite and be disappointed.

MD lives forever

Postby MD lives forever » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:09 pm

:rockon: Bowen, still trying to find a way to apologize to the Servite faithful...
Attachments
dwarf-little-man-books-4407750.jpg

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:19 pm

Not sure what people are thinking he needs to apologize for. He chose a highly rated coach who was unable to do the job. That coach is out of a job (not for long I'm sure). We're starting over, now.

If the issue is that we didn't want to be Mater Dei, or we didn't want to be Bosco...Then I applaud him for keeping Servite...Servite.
Well, obviously we have giant butterflies in CA. They's climbin' in your windows, They's snatchin' your people up, tryin' to steal 'em. So y'all need to hide your kids, hide your stars, and hide your coaches cause they're grabin' everybody out here.

templar83

Postby templar83 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:55 pm

Professor Fate wrote:Source of the post
If the issue is that we didn't want to be Mater Dei, or we didn't want to be Bosco.

Your historical amnesia in regards to servite hustling up transfers during its glory years ( year? ) continues to manifest itself. You've not fallen and hit your head recently have you?

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:59 pm

Never happened. You ignore anti-transfer crusader Sondheimer's statement from May 2011: "People are trying to understand how Thomas has been able to guide Servite to consecutive Pac-5 Division championships without being accused of illegal recruiting.
Well, obviously we have giant butterflies in CA. They's climbin' in your windows, They's snatchin' your people up, tryin' to steal 'em. So y'all need to hide your kids, hide your stars, and hide your coaches cause they're grabin' everybody out here.

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:28 pm

Umm, he said transfers and you post something Sondheimer said about illegal recruiting :eh?: ...What's next, "People are saying...", or "I'm hearing..."
"How America elected a narcissist, racist, white supremacist to be their president defies logic"
Boniface Mwangi

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:46 pm

Okay, you have at least four 4* or 5* players coming from other schools to play their senior season at MD this year alone.

Can you come up with that many 4* or 5* players coming from other schools to play their senior season at Servite in the whole 60 years Servite has been in existence?

I'm not talking one year...I'm talking about all 60 years combined.

MDDad

Postby MDDad » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:51 pm

If the issue is that we didn't want to be Mater Dei, or we didn't want to be Bosco...Then I applaud him for keeping Servite...Servite.

This reminds of the girl who tried to grow her virginity back.

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:57 pm

I knew her before she was a virgin
"How America elected a narcissist, racist, white supremacist to be their president defies logic"
Boniface Mwangi

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

inflagrantedelicto

Postby inflagrantedelicto » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:23 pm

Ramon wrote:inflagrantedelicto, I know you have a very special player leading on the soccer field...Congrats!!! :thumbsup:

Thank you, Ramon! Yes, it has been a successful season to-date, though we took one on the chin today at SMCHS. They won their "Super Bowl" this evening and celebrated by having some I feel pretty, Oh, so pretty, I feel pretty and witty and bright! And I pity Any girl who isn't me tonight dad come over and take on, in succession, an old man (also a SM fan), two women, and and MMA-instructor Servite dad, before he was steered to safety. A few minutes later the I feel pretty, Oh, so pretty, I feel pretty and witty and bright! And I pity Any girl who isn't me tonight's Mini-me scored and ran by the Servite sideline with a two handed middle finger salute! Eagles Pride on display. Smh.

Return to “High School”