Orange Lutheran. Will they be good this year?

Scout Reporter

Orange Lutheran. Will they be good this year?

Postby Scout Reporter » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:16 pm

So... Orange Lutheran. Will they be good this year?

They return their Q, Ryan Hilinski who looks like he's starting to pick up national interest. He also seems like he's made major improvements to his game from sophomore to junior year. Look for him to emerge as a top passer in the country if not already.

They return their workhorse receiving crew, Kyle Ford, Elijah Mojarro, Logan Loya and Josh Jackson. And add Ethan Rae and JoJo Hawkins to that list due to season ending knee injuries from early last year.

The question marks are.. their defense and their offensive line. I know they started a defensive lineman as their right tackle last year, Jake Cosavella, two second string linebackers at tackle, Ethan Howard and Wes Uipi. They lost their left tackle Latu Kola... I'm not even going to try, who was their best lineman from last year. They return their center, Jacob Rice who will be their best lineman next year. I haven't heard of any transfers they've gotten. So with all the stars they have outside and under center, will that all work with the line they have? We'll see.

They lost 7-8 starters to seniors on defense. Their offense can score all the points they want but if their defense can't stop anybody, what will happen? We shall see! Who will own the trinity League?
Last edited by John Q. Public on Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Made the title describe the topic

credofriar

Re: Orange Lutheran. Will they be good this year?

Postby credofriar » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:35 pm

They should be able to possibly win 2 games in league this year. Servite and sm should both be good games vs olu. They were 0-5 last year and without the shocking win vs chaminade they might have had a coaching change after 1 year.

Their coaches are working the circuit to get transfers. The are heavy on a couple of our kids. We have proof and if they left it would get turned into cif.
Can’t lie one of the best memories from 2017 was seeing Kyle ford after our game. #shouldhaveneverleft

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:49 pm

I remember that also. Servite held him to 8 receptions for 82 yards and no TDs. He was not a happy camper. :cheers:
Well, obviously we have giant butterflies in CA. They's climbin' in your windows, They's snatchin' your people up, tryin' to steal 'em. So y'all need to hide your kids, hide your stars, and hide your coaches cause they're grabin' everybody out here.

Trenchdad

Postby Trenchdad » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:55 pm

I saw them in a tournament this past weekend, physically dominate , they lost to a Sunset League Team that was a bit of a surprise.

BBB

Postby BBB » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:27 am

Scout Reporter wrote:They return their Q, Ryan Hilinski who looks like he's starting to pick up national interest.

Starting too? He already has multiple SEC offers plus many others. I’d say that train left the station a while ago.

Scout Reporter wrote:Look for him to emerge as a top passer in the country if not already.

He already was. A quick glance at MaxPreps would have shown that is the case. Are you really a Scout reporter? Me thinks not.

Scout Reporter wrote:They return their workhorse receiving crew, Kyle Ford, Elijah Mojarro, Logan Loya and Josh Jackson.

Josh didn’t do much of anything last year. He will play a bigger role next year though. Kid is talented. With that said, this same workhorse crew led them to zero league wins.

Scout Reporter wrote:And add Ethan Rae and JoJo Hawkins to that list due to season ending knee injuries from early last year.

Rae will split reps with Majarro but is a slight downgrade at TE. Hawkins should have stayed at Buena Park....

Scout Reporter wrote:The question marks are.. their defense and their offensive line. I know they started a defensive lineman as their right tackle last year, Jake Cosavella, two second string linebackers at tackle, Ethan Howard and Wes Uipi. They lost their left tackle Latu Kola... I'm not even going to try, who was their best lineman from last year. They return their center, Jacob Rice who will be their best lineman next year. I haven't heard of any transfers they've gotten. So with all the stars they have outside and under center, will that all work with the line they have? We'll see.

You don’t win in the Trinity without a good line. They can’t run the ball and have to rely on a quick passing game since pass protection is bad. That is not a recipe for Trinity success.

Scout Reporter wrote:They lost 7-8 starters to seniors on defense. Their offense can score all the points they want but if their defense can't stop anybody, what will happen? We shall see!

So you note they have no offensive line. No transfers either despite trying to recruit linemen aggressively for two years.

Their weak, porous defense graduated most of their starters, plus they lost a starting safety who transferred out.

Throw in a questionable coaching staff, and yet you say we shall see?

You sound like a hopeful OLu dad. Good luck battling for third or fourth place. At least Servite is a hot mess. If you guys lose to them again, your entire staff needs to immediately resign.

Just sad you have to waste all of that talent in the passing game.

Return to “High School”