Mission Viejo Football. Any news?

FBOC

Mission Viejo Football. Any news?

Postby FBOC » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:55 pm

Any news on transfers in or out? Coaching staff anything??
Last edited by John Q. Public on Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed the title to mixed case, described the topic

Playthegame

Re: Mission Viejo Football. Any news?

Postby Playthegame » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:48 am

So far I think CJ doing all the right things, lot's of returning talent few new faces...next year will certainly be more competitive and tons of great games!!!

Bring it...Also hope MV and LH do it again...gotta respect dem Highlanders scrappy Boyz dem guys...

FBOC

Postby FBOC » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:20 pm

I would not say lots of returning talent certainly some. If they are not getting the type of transfers the Trinity is they will have a down year or two. I'm happy none of the talent has left that is good news.

Playthegame

Postby Playthegame » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:43 pm

QB J. Yellen SR much improved looks to have big year
TJ Griffen JR WR
Akili Arnold RB Sr over 300 yards against Olu in play offs
Reece Hite 6'5 235 DE recent offer from Penn
Kason Crebs little brother Cameron Crebs who was a stud who got hurt early his Sr year and we never got to really see him but Kason is same deal as brother talent wise
Jamrari Ferrel broke leg against LH out early but a dude...
Sophmore Beast Easton Mascarenas Daniel Marx, but a little nastier on D and a bull at FB
Keanu Tanuvasa Soph DE D:L 6'4 245
Logan Foley Sr Center Ol 275
Hunter Kenely Sr 6'3 265 Ol hurt early last yr
Lance Kenely Jr 6'5 220 another big DE 6'5 220

So depending on your definition of a lot that is a good start and CJ will bring in some and rumors of a few key pick ups unconfirmed but if true MV will be in the hunt...Count on it!

I am excited and with a more level playing field although right now SJB and MD are again elite status and then everyone else but lot's of changes and just going to be an awesome year for FB in 2018...
Last edited by Playthegame on Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

FBOC

Postby FBOC » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:59 pm

Just meant they will not be as good as last year. Like I said there is talent there some of its young though. I am excited as well especially since the program seems to be continuing in the right direction. You remember the nightmare after Troy stopped coaching basketball to become AD. That's not happing with the football program so I am happy!

Playthegame

Postby Playthegame » Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:00 pm

FBOC wrote:Source of the post I am excited as well especially since the program seems to be continuing in the right direction. You remember the nightmare after Troy stopped coaching basketball to become AD. That's not happing with the football program so I am happy!

FBOC Agreed! :thumbsup:

Too early to state they will not be as good as last yr but I get where you are coming from as no OG or OZ in receiving corp., and no R Kennedy to run down even the best R's, not counting MD'$ 4 Corp., like Jaylen Hall, but I cannot believe CJ does not get his SR. QB some targets, they have outstanding RB's so with a new cast, and a couple DB's MV will be in good shape...Oh and trust me...Troy was instrumental in the hiring and because of what happened when he took the AD spot...by the way the two tall Bball bros who left for Rita...family said worst decision they ever made...so there's that...
Last edited by Playthegame on Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Playthegame

Postby Playthegame » Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:29 pm

In other news...
Passing Tourney and Linemen compJuly 14th 2018

MD and Corona Centennial, Olu, Velencia, Calrsbad , Tustin, Trabuco Hills and counting

twodogs

Postby twodogs » Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:50 pm

They will beat trabucco,El toro,tesoro ,Capo then play the other teams that recruit and will get smoked!

Playthegame

Postby Playthegame » Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:34 pm

Well you are entitled to your opinion of course but with Brett Paton returning on the defensive side and CJ on offense it is going to be good...very different on offense to say the least...and BP is legend...Also MV will be developing an Edison style event with top teams, great venue and the potential to become a very High Profile A tournament...

FBOC

Postby FBOC » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:17 pm

That's an ignorant statement. Like they got beat last year by SM OLU Servite Poly and LH. All of which got more transfers. If you were honest you would know MV has had less tranfers than BP LH and the entire Trinity over the last few years.

Playthegame

Postby Playthegame » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:33 pm

FBOC...let it roll bro, I spoke with HC and one of the Dline coaches today, oh and by the way Chase Moline is returning as well for Oline, and I got inside dope which I can not specifically share but...MV will be good next year and they are taking steps to join elite ranks by and thru program development...the New MV is gonna be very, very good!! Nasty comes to mind...

Also picked up a certain LB who most likely will be the new starting "Mike" for Mission...details to follow if and when I can comment...Like I said...I am excited...VERY!

Coaching staff at Mission is very tight, and played and coached together over the years and will be as good as any in the country, in a couple seasons MV will be an elite dominant program. #SpecialForces #Smashmouth #Tight #WelcometotheNewAge

BBB

Postby BBB » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:44 pm

FBOC wrote:That's an ignorant statement. Like they got beat last year by SM OLU Servite Poly and LH. All of which got more transfers. If you were honest you would know MV has had less tranfers than BP LH and the entire Trinity over the last few years.

I’m not sure LH had more transfers who played last year. I thought MV had 4-5 starters (Yellen, Lavalle and Collier come to mind). LH had Clark, Washington, Woulard and Taylor. They’re similar in numbers the past few years. I thought Poly did not have that many transfers last year either.

MV got what could be their best player next year if he gets in shape. Syrr Barnes transfered from MD. He started two seasons ago at both LB and DE as a sophomore for the Monarchs. Then Funa, Solo and a healthy Genoa pushed him out as he gained too much bad weight. He will be very impressive playing against the lesser quality of MV’s opponents in his senior year.

BBB

Postby BBB » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:50 pm

Playthegame wrote:Well you are entitled to your opinion of course but with Brett Paton returning on the defensive side and CJ on offense it is going to be good...very different on offense to say the least...and BP is legend...Also MV will be developing an Edison style event with top teams, great venue and the potential to become a very High Profile A tournament...

PTG - Barnes will be lights out for you guys and was a big pickup, but you lost A LOT of talent and two of the three classes look a bit down in terms of overall quality. Not sure there’s another semifinal run in what’s left plus the kids having to learn a new offensive system will make it tougher. It looks like you’re a year away. Keeping BP and Moline as coaches were huge though. Now if only the district will chill on transfers.

Playthegame

Postby Playthegame » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:03 pm

Bingo...I agree with everything in the above, and as you say semi-final run is a long shot this year with JS loading up as my guess for top four with the big three. Now having said that...there is a dark horse shot as MV is working very hard...not going to say more but it is very good...and Freshman class being the stronger of the mix, couple years out for elite status...

Thought my Syrrtain LB comment was stealth...sorry for being cryptic, I cannot be the first to comment, unless given the ok, and have not had the chance to get the ok, public record, so thanks for doing that!

Chad had Joey though for 3 yrs 8th grade thru 10th and MV did run some empty sets...tempo will be the big adjustment IMO...

WantTheNFLBack714

Postby WantTheNFLBack714 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:29 am

hopefully they still remain a dominant great program in the post Bob Johnson era.

thebull

Postby thebull » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:15 pm

Im just waiting for that "Coach is a kicker LOL" guy to come and comment here

MrNiceguy

Postby MrNiceguy » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:34 pm

I missed you guys too. knew deep down you liked me. For a minute there I felt like a lonely kicker.

1) thank god chaddy didn't put on a kicking or punting exhibition at yesterdays camp. Not sure if all the inner city boys would be impressed (especially after that long drive).

2) looks like chaddy is hoping to duplicate the same recruiting method used at Bosco. Too bad he doesn't realize MV has won the past 20 years with local boys. But should we expect a kicker not to be a sellout? Bob is already missed. Sure we'll win, but should change name to "LA/IE Diablos"

Boys unhappy about a few things: 1) Bosco kids transferring over, and Chaddy not believing he can win with local talent. 2) HC is a kicker. (hard to get amped listening to a kicker's pregame speech) "ok men...GET OUT THERE AND KICK THAT BALL!!! & PUNT THE SH** OUT OF THAT THING!"

BBB

Postby BBB » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:44 pm

Local kids? Many of their best players either moved into the district to start their ninth grade year if not flat out transferred in at some later point. That combined with lots of great local talent and great coaching led to their impressive success.

Chad is a well respected coach. Like it or not, MV will need some level of transfers to be successful in D1, especially given the recent arms escalation.

You should be grateful to Chad. Real is not a well respected QB. He never fixed his decision making and accuracy issues, and will not be a D1 college QB. Chad did him a huge favor in keeping DJ on the sidelines as long as he did this season. Everyone familiar with the situation knew DJ was a far superior QB, and that keeping Real in that long was a joke. And that BS daddy ball temper tantrum you threw? Pathetic. That fake injury? What a joke.

mdnc1994

Postby mdnc1994 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:12 pm

[quote="MrNiceguy"] Too bad he doesn't realize MV has won the past 20 years with local boys... Sure we'll win, but should change name to "LA/IE Diablos"

By locals, do you mean the transfers that were "sponsored? Costello, McDonald, Yokoyama in '11, Sanchez from SM in '03, & these are a small sample size, & clearly just the tip of the iceberg... Sounds like someone has been drinking BJ's Kool-Aid a bit too much...

Playthegame

Postby Playthegame » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:13 am

MrNiceguy wrote:Source of the post Boys unhappy about a few things: 1) Bosco kids transferring over, and Chaddy not believing he can win with local talent. 2) HC is a kicker. (hard to get amped listening to a kicker's pregame speech) "ok men...GET OUT THERE AND KICK THAT BALL!!! & PUNT THE SH** OUT OF THAT THING!"

One thing for sure is this guy is a clown...and has no connection to what is happening at MV and does not know the coaches and news flash there is more than one. MV has always had transfers, only a few mentioned here and it is the coaches who develop the kids. I have been on the sidelines at MV for the last 7 years and in the stands since 96.

So the bluster and Bull Shist is just that. This guy is not on campus, obviously does not know the coaches or the kids. I do and what MNG sayz does not comport with the Reality. Sorry.

So MNG is either a Real looser dad or a poser...

So here is the straight scoop, to win at the highest level you need talent, no school today produces the amount of talent needed to win at the elite level and now a days it is elite. So new HC, played for BP at ET, he and Moline are family, and a new Dline coach who lined up against Chase when they were playing is also ET alum.

Who just happens to bring some unique skill sets that should help what is currently a 2nd tier team in an elite division.

Suffice to say...that MNG must be a Real dusch, sounds like a jilted wanna be, somebody who got his ass handed to him some where and never got over it.

MrNiceguy wrote:Source of the post Not sure if all the inner city boys would be impressed (especially after that long drive).

There is no inner city with in like 30 miles...and I guarantee no inner city anybody going to have anything but respect after the first snap of the game. Former Bellator MMA fighter Manny Bam Bam Lara is training the lineman then right after the boyz hit the weight room hard...so talk your ish Mr. Ish...

MV gonna be fine in 18...CJ is the real deal, and SJB wishes Chad the Best, at first tough, but Jason and Chad are good...

BBB wrote:Source of the post Chad is a well respected coach. Like it or not, MV will need some level of transfers to be successful in D1, especially given the recent arms escalation.

Informed comment by someone who obviously knows the scene...

#Wellcometothenewage

Return to “High School”