New Study Ranks California Dead Last in Quality of Life

Professor Fate

New Study Ranks California Dead Last in Quality of Life

Postby Professor Fate » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:53 pm

California has the worst quality of life in America.

At least that's what U.S. News & World Report's most-recent Best States rankings say. The Golden State ranked 50th in quality of life by fairing poorly in the natural and social environment categories.

The report, released Tuesday, ranks states based on a healthy environment and a sense of community. It takes into account each state's urban air quality, pollution and voter participation, among other measures.

California ranked last in urban air quality and 45th in "low pollution health risk," although it was 13th in drinking water quality. The state also found itself second-to-last in voter participation, 44th in community engagement and 38th in social support.

Despite its beaches, redwood trees and Hollywood glam, the state's blemishes are often highlighted. Los Angeles consistently leads as the world's most traffic-congested urban area and even its own citizens have tried to secede multiple times.

The best states?
1. N. Dakota
2. Minnesota
3. Wisconsin
4. New Hampshire
5. S. Dakota
6. Mississippi
7. Arkansas
8. New Mexico
9. Iowa
10. Colorado

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nat ... 384853002/

Well, obviously we have giant butterflies in CA. They's climbin' in your windows, They's snatchin' your people up, tryin' to steal 'em. So y'all need to hide your kids, hide your stars, and hide your coaches cause they're grabin' everybody out here.

MDDad

Re: New Study Ranks California Dead Last in Quality of Life

Postby MDDad » Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:09 pm

The report, released Tuesday, ranks states based on a healthy environment and a sense of community. It takes into account each state's urban air quality, pollution and voter participation, among other measures.

The best states?
1. N. Dakota
2. Minnesota
3. Wisconsin
4. New Hampshire
5. S. Dakota

Looking at the first five states on that list, the two most important criteria must have been the willingness to shovel snow and freeze your nuts off.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:11 pm

Nos. 8, 9, and 10 should be included in the freeze your nuts off category. I've spent time in all of three of them during winter months.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:24 pm

That would include all of them except Mississippi and Arkansas, where the list of "things to do" is brief: 1) Eat things 2) Drink things 3) Shoot things 4) Repeat

If CA came in last, they must have surveyed people sitting in their cars on the 405

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:24 pm

I'm okay with all the resident CA bashers leaving.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

BBB

Postby BBB » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:30 pm

Yeah, and if pigs could fly....

ShiftyMutt

Postby ShiftyMutt » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:04 pm

The best states?
1. N. Dakota
2. Minnesota
3. Wisconsin
4. New Hampshire
5. S. Dakota
6. Mississippi
7. Arkansas
8. New Mexico
9. Iowa
10. Colorado

Aside from Colorado, who wants to live in any of those states?

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:40 pm

Looking at that list again, how did Mississippi get in there? It's like one of those "Which one isn't like the others" questions. New Mexico too, except for maybe, like three towns.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Playthegame

Postby Playthegame » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:52 pm

Professor Fate wrote:Source of the post California has the worst quality of life in America.

Remember when all the songs were about going to California...A U-haul from Texas to Cali is around 289 bucks and about a thousand bucks more going Cali to Texas...just shocking!

Wishing it was 1984...or earlier. My kids don't know what it was like...beaches, hardly any graffiti...no tent cities...Have you been to the court house lately...The Homeless Hilton...I am sure it has nothing what so ever to do with liberal policies enacted over the last oh 20 years or so...we are definitely on the down swing...How is the high speed rail system coming along?

Really gives new meaning to being a Sanctuary State...it's a stanktuary all right...
Last edited by Playthegame on Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:56 pm

Which state is run better?

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:58 pm

49 of them.
Well, obviously we have giant butterflies in CA. They's climbin' in your windows, They's snatchin' your people up, tryin' to steal 'em. So y'all need to hide your kids, hide your stars, and hide your coaches cause they're grabin' everybody out here.

Playthegame

Postby Playthegame » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:59 pm

Geez Wabash from what the original post shows, I guess that would be all of them...or is this a trick question...remember I not as sharp as most of you...no tricksy stuff...
Last edited by Playthegame on Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Playthegame

Postby Playthegame » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:59 pm

Ah Come on Professor always beating me to it...

Playthegame

Postby Playthegame » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:02 pm

But while your on the line how is that Hi-Speed rail deal working out?...Can you go anywhere yet?...Have we spent the 16 billion yet...I may be off on the total bill...

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:03 pm

Well, pick one. You have 49 choices. It's an easy question.

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:06 pm

Playthegame wrote:Source of the post Ah Come on Professor always beating me to it...

Sorry PTG.
Carry on! :cheers:

Playthegame

Postby Playthegame » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:09 pm

Thank you sir! but stick around I have a feeling it's a trap question...I know this guy...

Ok so it is not a trick ? And there are 52 states and territory's don't count, right? And then any state besides California, which one is run better...hmmm.

Define better?
Last edited by Playthegame on Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:10 pm

Pick one specific comparisons can be made.

I knew neither of you would answer. CA haters never answer that question.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:11 pm

You define better. I'm not the one claiming things are bad here.

Playthegame

Postby Playthegame » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:13 pm

Ahh...forest for the trees situation...since you are unable to define better I can not answer the ?

Return to “California”