Kim Jong Un to Meet with Trump!

Omar Bongo

Re: Kim Jong Un to Meet with Trump!

Postby Omar Bongo » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:17 pm

Everybody can now feel much safer than the day I took office

Cluelessness on nuclear steroids ](*,)

"Victimhood is the high-octane fuel of the Trump Era, it makes the Trumpmobile go"
Steve Schmidt

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:53 pm

51% of Americans disagree with you, and say they approve of how Trump has dealt with tensions on the Korean Peninsula according to a Reuters/Ipsos poll released Wednesday.

Here's what former independent Senator Joe Lieberman had to say:

Trump's North Korea Summit Was A "Success"

LIEBERMAN: Well first, I think the summit in Singapore was a success. Some people will say – I’ve been interested overnight, President Trump is getting criticized from the left and right, which makes me feel good actually. But the point is, how much can you expect from the first meeting between two nations that have been totally separated, two leaders who are hurling verbal lightning bolts at each other just about six months ago. So I think overall the wording in the communique denuclearization which Kim agreed to say in response to in return for security from the U.S. and prosperity for the people in North Korea. All good. What is of relevance to the Iranian negotiations, President Trump has been a real critic of that agreement, I agree with him. In some ways what the Obama administration and what our European allies did with the Iranians is a template for what not to do here. Don’t look like you want an agreement more than the other side does. Don’t settle for just temporary denuclearization…so there’s a lot more work to do. Secretary Pompeo is going to have a very important role here but the world looks a little brighter this morning.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video ... ccess.html
Well, obviously we have giant butterflies in CA. They's climbin' in your windows, They's snatchin' your people up, tryin' to steal 'em. So y'all need to hide your kids, hide your stars, and hide your coaches cause they're grabin' everybody out here.

Vilepagan

Postby Vilepagan » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:32 am

Professor Fate wrote:Source of the post 51% of Americans disagree with you...

Wow, that's more people than those who voted for trump.
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

Vilepagan

Postby Vilepagan » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:35 am

All joking aside professor, what do you suppose the significance is of the poll you just cited?

Do you suppose those who were polled have even the most basic knowledge of the situation in NK? Any knowledge of the diplomatic issues involved?

It really doesn't matter how many of our citizens approve or disapprove does it?
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

broman

Postby broman » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:10 am

Professor Fate wrote:Source of the post In some ways what the Obama administration and what our European allies did with the Iranians is a template for what not to do here. Don’t look like you want an agreement more than the other side does.

When asked how he feels about North Korean leader Kim Jong Un’s many murders and human rights abuses, President Donald Trump merely shrugged. “He’s a tough guy, it’s a tough country,” he told Fox News host Bret Baier. When Baier pressed him, protesting that Kim has done many “bad things,” Trump was unmoved. “So have a lot of other people,” he said, before moving on to praise himself for his performance at the United States-North Korea summit this week.
https://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/ ... hts-abuses

Old Glory on display with the North Korean flag, the back slapping and the constant hand shaking and the post-conference praise of Kim, finding moral equivalence used to be somethings conservative hated. Stealing from George Will, I already knew Trump was ignorant of political history, the GOP establishment and foreign policy experts should know better.

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:20 am

Professor Fate wrote:Source of the post 51% of Americans disagree with you

Trump said thanks to him "everybody" should feel safer...well,

Do the Dreamers feel safer?

How about the children of undocumented parents and their mothers and fathers?

The millions of people with Obamacare?

Muslim Americans (the good ones)?

People from ****hole countries awaiting visa approval?

Black Americans not named Kanye?

Business owners who depend on affordable steel?

Mexican Americans (non-rapers)?

People who depend on Social Security and Medicare?

Members of our currently free press?

People who do business with Canada?

Women who want an abortion?

NFL team owners?

Any public figure who dares express dissent?

Republican candidates who don't grovel at his feet?

That's what "everybody" is worried about, not a nuclear attack...

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:43 am

Whether or not your last sentence is anything remotely resembling fact, it's obviously not what Trump was referring to...but then you already knew that, didn't you?
Well, obviously we have giant butterflies in CA. They's climbin' in your windows, They's snatchin' your people up, tryin' to steal 'em. So y'all need to hide your kids, hide your stars, and hide your coaches cause they're grabin' everybody out here.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:59 am

But that's also the initial reaction and this deal was nowhere near as strong as the (Terrible!) Iran deal (Worst deal in history!). The rest of the book on it is yet to be written.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:48 pm

Professor Fate wrote:Source of the post Whether or not your last sentence is anything remotely resembling fact...

From a Trump voter, oh that's rich!
"Victimhood is the high-octane fuel of the Trump Era, it makes the Trumpmobile go"
Steve Schmidt

Donald Trump

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:21 pm

Is that your version of "I know you are, but what am I?"

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:31 pm

But no regime has oppressed its own citizens more totally or brutally than the cruel dictatorship in North Korea.
North Korea’s reckless pursuit of nuclear missiles could very soon threaten our homeland.

We are waging a campaign of maximum pressure to prevent that from happening.

Past experience has taught us that complacency and concessions only invite aggression and provocation. I will not repeat the mistakes of past administrations that got us into this dangerous position.

We need only look at the depraved character of the North Korean regime to understand the nature of the nuclear threat it could pose to America and our allies.

Now we are being told that Un is a tough guy because he has to be tough to govern.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:25 pm

He's flattering the guy he's negotiating with. The Art of the Deal.

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:33 pm

Professor Fate wrote:Source of the post Is that your version of "I know you are, but what am I?"

It's my version of "I'm getting lectured on 'resemblance to fact' by a Trump voter!!" ROFL

No one thought for a minute that Kim would use his nukes first, that would be suicide. But after months of Trump himself scaring the **** out of Americans and the world with his talk of giving NK a bloody nose, his "bigger and more powerful nuclear button", "the time for talk is over" "fire and fury such as the world has never seen", now he wants credit for finally acting like a relatively normal adult? Hilarious. In pickup BB games we say, "Get that **** outta my kitchen!"

It's almost like he acts like an Uber-Putz on purpose, so when he occasionally acts normal it will really catch people's attention
Last edited by Omar Bongo on Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ShiftyMutt

Postby ShiftyMutt » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:38 pm

He's flattering the guy he's negotiating with. The Art of the Deal.
Attachments
97AB0FE4-6CE9-4F5D-A893-F5436303984E.jpeg

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:51 pm

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:59 pm

In lieu of a cogent response? Just a little advice, Prof...posting silliness like that kinda lacks meaning when nobody knows who that is or what the heck it is you're trying to say...

Kim's two main goals were to kill any new sanctions and stop the military exercises between the US and ROK. He got both (and his hotel comped) just for showing up. A virtuoso performance.

Nice Stradivarius, BTW.
Steve Schmidt

Donald Trump

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:12 pm

Wabash wrote:Source of the post But no regime has oppressed....

Plagiarized from whom?
Don't look at me, I just work here.

ShiftyMutt

Postby ShiftyMutt » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:19 pm

Omar Bongo wrote:In lieu of a cogent response? Just a little advice, Prof...posting silliness like that kinda lacks meaning when nobody knows who that is or what the heck it is you're trying to say....

I’m glad you said that because I thought it was either a bad attempt at Hillary or I was just out of the loop.

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:37 pm

Omar Bongo wrote:Source of the post Just a little advice, Prof...posting silliness like that kinda lacks meaning when nobody knows who that is or what the heck it is you're trying to say...

I guess you'll just have to wonder then. --:--

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:13 pm

Looks like a comedy routine, half expected them to top it off by bowing at the same time and knocking heads ROFL ...although I do admit Trump throws a better salute than the guy in the chef's hat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCtRh22kj0w

Return to “World”