Russia probe: House Intel Republicans End Investigation

Professor Fate

Russia probe: House Intel Republicans End Investigation

Postby Professor Fate » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:06 pm

WASHINGTON — Republicans on the House Intelligence Committee called an end on Monday to their year-long investigation of Russian meddling in the 2016 election, concluding that there was "no evidence of collusion, coordination, or conspiracy between the Trump campaign and the Russians."

The probe was ended over the objections of Democrats, who charged that key documents and testimony still have not been obtained.

...The GOP majority on the House panel will show its 150-page draft report to Democrats on Tuesday before seeking approval from the full committee to release it to the public. Democrats plan to write a separate report that will likely conclude there is strong evidence of collusion between the Trump campaign and the Kremlin.

The GOP majority on the House panel will show its 150-page draft report to Democrats on Tuesday before seeking approval from the full committee to release it to the public. Democrats plan to write a separate report that will likely conclude there is strong evidence of collusion between the Trump campaign and the Kremlin.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 411745002/

Democrats, despite earlier claims, will not be able to provide any evidence of collusion, and instead will try to argue that there are still more documents to be reviewed, and witnesses to be called.

Rep. Mike Conaway, R-Texas, who led the Russia investigation for the House Republicans, said the panel conducted 73 witness interviews, held nine hearings and briefings, and reviewed over 300,000 documents.

Well, obviously we have giant butterflies in CA. They's climbin' in your windows, They's snatchin' your people up, tryin' to steal 'em. So y'all need to hide your kids, hide your stars, and hide your coaches cause they're grabin' everybody out here.

broman

Re: Russia probe: House Intel Republicans End Investigation

Postby broman » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:33 pm

This is the Nunes Memo part two

“the Intelligence Community Assessment’s judgments, except with respect to Putin’s supposed preference for candidate Trump.”

Additional follow-on efforts arising from the investigation include oversight of the unmasking of Americans’ names in intelligence reports, FISA abuse, and other matters.”
http://forums.talkingpointsmemo.com/t/d ... sion/69507

Red

No Collusion!!

Postby Red » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:36 pm

Well well well! What a waste. What in the world is Joe, Mika and the rest are going to talk about their 100 fans?
Liberalism is like an out-of-control 5 year old at McDonalds. All the talking to and admonishment won't make a difference. They have no concept of right or wrong, they are nothing more than narcissists.

Vilepagan

Postby Vilepagan » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:38 pm

Professor Fate wrote:Source of the post Democrats, despite earlier claims, will not be able to provide any evidence of collusion, and instead will try to argue that there are still more documents to be reviewed, and witnesses to be called.

Rep. Mike Conaway, R-Texas, who led the Russia investigation for the House Republicans, said the panel conducted 73 witness interviews, held nine hearings and briefings, and reviewed over 300,000 documents.

Sadly for Mr. trump, the investigation that matters is the one conducted by Mr. Mueller, not the political theater coming out of the House of Representatives.
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:40 pm

Red wrote:Source of the post What in the world is Joe, Mika and the rest are going to talk about their 100 fans?

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:07 pm

Vilepagan wrote:Source of the post Sadly for Mr. trump, the investigation that matters is the one conducted by Mr. Mueller, not the political theater coming out of the House of Representatives.

True, and this House Committee finding, will help prepare Wabash and all, for the bigger disappointment to come. If there was any evidence, it would have been found already by the House Democrats, and/or leaked from the Mueller probe.
Well, obviously we have giant butterflies in CA. They's climbin' in your windows, They's snatchin' your people up, tryin' to steal 'em. So y'all need to hide your kids, hide your stars, and hide your coaches cause they're grabin' everybody out here.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:19 pm

It was a dog and pony show and it's probably good that it was put out of its misery. I'll wait for the real investigation's findings.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:38 pm

Same here. If Mueller says there is nothing there I'll be the first one to say it's time to move on.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

broman

Postby broman » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:39 pm

Professor Fate wrote:Source of the post If there was any evidence

Trump Tower meeting, Roger Stone advanced knowledge of Wikileaks releasing hacked emails, pro- Russian sycophants who just so happened to find themselves on the Trump Campaign, four guilty pleas, Trumps public statements kissing Putin's behind. Forget leaks, we got a flood of evidence.

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:48 pm

Take another look at your list, and ask yourself which ones are crimes. It's not a crime to meet with a Russian. The Roger stone thing has been debunked after we learned that the dates were wrong. It's not a crime for a tycoon with business dealings in Russia to know other people with dealings with Russia. It's not even a crime to kiss Putin's behind.

That leaves you with four guilty pleas that may not even have anything to do with Trump.

broman

Postby broman » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:56 pm

Nice try but I caught you. [-X

Professor Fate wrote:Source of the post If there was any evidence,

broman wrote:Source of the post Forget leaks, we got a flood of evidence.

Professor Fate wrote:Source of the post Take another look at your list, and ask yourself which ones are crimes.

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:58 pm

Caught me doing what?

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:24 pm

Nunes presenting the committee's findings

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:31 pm

Vilepagan

Postby Vilepagan » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:49 am

Professor Fate wrote:Source of the post True, and this House Committee finding, will help prepare Wabash and all, for the bigger disappointment to come. If there was any evidence, it would have been found already by the House Democrats, and/or leaked from the Mueller probe.

Well, now you're just talking about election collusion, but the Mueller investigation is looking into all things trump. I'm not nearly so sanguine about those results, are you? Do you really think that trump's business dealings are all above board?

At any rate I'm all for any investigation of our public servants that turns up as many indictments as this investigation seems to be doing.

I must admit though, I'm wondering what rock you're going to crawl under when Mueller's investigation is complete and the evidence against trump is incontrovertible. Will we see any apology from you?
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

Fordama

Postby Fordama » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:17 am

Interesting. Tillerson sharply criticizes Russia, then Trump fires him.
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

Fordama

Postby Fordama » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:16 am

Professor Fate wrote:True, and this House Committee finding, will help prepare Wabash and all, for the bigger disappointment to come....
There's already been indictments and guilty pleas. So the chance of disappointment has already passed.

The question now is how many more denizens of Trump's personal swamp are going to get charged.
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:38 am

How the goalposts have moved, Fordama. It used to be all about Trump, but it seems you've all lowered your hopes to snaring associates of Trump.

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:46 am

Vilepagan wrote:Source of the post Well, now you're just talking about election collusion,

And the House Intelligence Committee Republicans said as much. they are still open for business investigating other issues.

Vilepagan wrote:Source of the post Do you really think that trump's business dealings are all above board?

No.

Vilepagan wrote:Source of the post when IF Mueller's investigation is complete and the evidence against trump is incontrovertible. Will we see any apology from you?
Apology no, I haven't done anything to apologize for...But if that does happen, I will admit I was wrong.

I very much doubt, that if Mueller says there is no evidence of Trump colluding with the Russians, the Trump bashers on this board will do the same.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:49 am

Professor Fate wrote:Source of the post I very much doubt, that if Mueller says there is no evidence of Trump colluding with the Russians, the Trump bashers on this board will do the same.

I know one that will say it is time to move on since there was nothing found.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Return to “National”