Texas bombing suspect killed - not named Mohammed

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Texas bombing suspect killed - not named Mohammed

Postby John Q. Public » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:24 am

Why in the hell don't we call these things terrorism? We called the mad bombers in the 1960's terrorists and all they targeted were PG&E transformers. Now people have to call the cops when their Amazon order is delivered but that isn't terrorism? What changed?

Don't look at me, I just work here.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Re: Texas bombing suspect killed - not named Mohammed

Postby John Q. Public » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:47 am

That he could be a skilled bombmaker responsible for at least six explosive devices, five of which detonated, over an almost three-week period in Austin and outside San Antonio seemed unthinkable to his grandmother, she said, adding that he was a quiet, kind and loving person and she'd never seen any signs of malice or violence in him.

"Oh my gosh, no," Mary Conditt said, speaking on the phone from Colorado. "If anything he's low-key and peaceful."

Jeff Reeb, who lives near Mark Conditt's parents in Pflugerville, Texas, north of Austin, said he saw the accused serial bomber a week or two ago. Reeb's grandkids used to play with Mark, he said, describing Mark Conditt as a normal kid who was a little quiet.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/21/us/austi ... index.html

Nice guy, kinda quiet, kept to himself....

Oh geez. I didn't do it, officer. I was on my message board. I have time stamps. :hide:

Bick

Postby Bick » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:04 am

John Q. Public wrote:Source of the post Why in the hell don't we call these things terrorism? We called the mad bombers in the 1960's terrorists and all they targeted were PG&E transformers. Now people have to call the cops when their Amazon order is delivered but that isn't terrorism? What changed?

I agree it's terrorism. Doesn't appear to be what we've come to know as the religion-based mainstream definition of it. Maybe that's the point of differentiation?

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:47 am

John Q. Public wrote:Source of the post Why in the hell don't we call these things terrorism?

He's white. The standard to be judged a terrorist is much higher.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:46 am

This explains it.
Attachments
Color Card.jpg
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:12 pm

Bick wrote:Source of the post I agree it's terrorism. Doesn't appear to be what we've come to know as the religion-based mainstream definition of it. Maybe that's the point of differentiation?

I think they changed the law after 9-11. It has to be religiously or politically motivated now. I guess it's not enough to have a whole town terrorized.

Playthegame

Postby Playthegame » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:59 pm

Liberals terrify me...

MDDad

Postby MDDad » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:48 pm

Sound like a great reason to keep a semi-auto under the bed.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:05 pm

Playthegame wrote:Source of the post Liberals terrify me...

This bomber had conservative sympathies.

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:57 pm

John Q. Public wrote:Source of the post Why in the hell don't we call these things terrorism? We called the mad bombers in the 1960's terrorists and all they targeted were PG&E transformers. Now people have to call the cops when their Amazon order is delivered but that isn't terrorism? What changed?

Fox news was calling it terrorism all day yesterday.
Well, obviously we have giant butterflies in CA. They's climbin' in your windows, They's snatchin' your people up, tryin' to steal 'em. So y'all need to hide your kids, hide your stars, and hide your coaches cause they're grabin' everybody out here.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:38 pm

I think Bick and I were, too. But I don't think he can be charged with it unless his reasons were religious or political.

Vilepagan

Postby Vilepagan » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:41 pm

Well, he blew himself up so maybe one the pieces had political or religious leanings.
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:24 pm

He was home schooled and he had belonged to some kind of "Gun Lovers for Jeezus" youth group. It's possible there was religious motivation but it was probably Christian, so it might not count.

Playthegame

Postby Playthegame » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:37 am

MDDad wrote:Sound like a great reason to keep a semi-auto under the bed.

I will take it under consideration, I do not own a firearm, my words usually do the trick...but something keep in mind :thumbsup:

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:40 am

Belated thoughts and prayers for Canada, still nothing on the white guy who shot up the Waffle House. Did Fox "n" Friends not mention it?

Fordama

Postby Fordama » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:01 am

White shooter
Black victims
Black hero.

Trump isn't interested. Some aide may prod him to eventually tweet about it. Maybe.
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:36 pm

Psycho with AR-15 - 4 dead, 4 others injured. Ban Guns!!!

Psycho with Ryder Truck - 10 dead, 14 others injured. Ban Ryder trucks!!!

What are those two statements overlooking?
Well, obviously we have giant butterflies in CA. They's climbin' in your windows, They's snatchin' your people up, tryin' to steal 'em. So y'all need to hide your kids, hide your stars, and hide your coaches cause they're grabin' everybody out here.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:39 pm

False equivalency. An AR-15 was used to kill dozens and wound hundreds from a 30 story window that is a 1000' away.

Hard to do with a Ryder truck.

One of the many things lost in the Route 91 massacre. All those who were wounded and lived. One of Mrs. Wabash's friends has a friend whose daughter took three rounds to the jaw. There is serious discussion over whether or not she might be able to solid food ever again. She's a whopping 27 years old who just got married about a year ago.

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:14 pm

Professor Fate wrote:Psycho with AR-15 - 4 dead, 4 others injured. Ban Guns!!! Psycho with Ryder Truck - 10 dead, 14 others injured. Ban Ryder trucks!!! What are those two statements overlooking?

Maturity?

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:43 pm

I was going for the fact that some people seem to miss the word "psycho."
But maturity is a valid answer too.

Return to “National”