People are streaming across the border to take advantage of DACA

Fordama

Re: The NRA seems to be on an Ad blitz

Postby Fordama » Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:50 pm

broman wrote:Trump will save you.

Yeah, today Trump said that people are streaming across the border to take advantage of DACA.

And there are people who follow him who are stupid enough to believe it (but I guess I'm underestimating them.)

This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:12 pm

As to the "invasion" Trump referred to:

Mexico aids Easter invasion of over 1,000 illegals into US

Mexican officials have aided a "Holy Week" caravan of over 1,000 migrants headed to the U.S. border to demand Easter asylum, according to reports.

Mostly Hondurans, they posted celebration videos on Facebook and chanted "We are migrants. We are not criminals. We are workers."

According to an account from the Center for Immigration Studies, Mexican authorities have allowed the migrants to drive north “with relative ease.”

Researcher Kausha Luna added that the group Pueblo Sin Fronteras, which aids immigrants, bragged about speeding into Mexico. It said, “On Monday Pueblo Sin Fronteras posted a video with the caption, ‘The Refugee Caravan knocking down borders yesterday in Huehuetan! Immigration agents abandoned the post when they saw us coming. The people celebrate this first small victory!"

Locals have also provided supplies along the way.

Their goal is to cross into the U.S. this weekend and demand asylum.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/wash ... ls-into-us
Well, obviously we have giant butterflies in CA. They's climbin' in your windows, They's snatchin' your people up, tryin' to steal 'em. So y'all need to hide your kids, hide your stars, and hide your coaches cause they're grabin' everybody out here.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:13 pm

Professor Fate wrote:Source of the post Their goal is to cross into the U.S. this weekend and demand asylum.

"Demand," of course being the Washington Examiner's word.

Has this been reported by any reputable news organizations or any that didn't get their information from an anti-immigrant propaganda mill?
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Fordama

People are streaming across the border to take advantage of DACA

Postby Fordama » Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:46 pm

Professor Fate wrote:As to the "invasion" Trump referred to:

Mexico aids Easter invasion of over 1,000 illegals into US
And unless they're coming over in Doc Brown's DeLoreans and arrive here in 2007, they can't take advantage of DACA--conflating this with DACA like Trump did was meat for a group of idiots and racists.
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:23 pm

John Q. Public wrote:Source of the post Has this been reported by any reputable news organizations or any that didn't get their information from an anti-immigrant propaganda mill?

Is the Washington Post acceptable to you?

Moving in a large group is expected to blunt the efforts of criminal gangs and cartels known to isolate and later rob immigrants, many of whom bring large sums of money to make the long journey north through Mexico. The caravan organizers, Pueblos Sin Fronteras, or People Without Borders, appeared to have concluded that it is safer for these people to travel together.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... li=BBnb7Kz
Well, obviously we have giant butterflies in CA. They's climbin' in your windows, They's snatchin' your people up, tryin' to steal 'em. So y'all need to hide your kids, hide your stars, and hide your coaches cause they're grabin' everybody out here.

Fordama

Postby Fordama » Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:51 pm

Good for them. Organized refugees trying to flee the crime caused by drug money--much of which comes from Americans.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:53 pm

Okay, did the Post's account say that they "bragged" about speeding through Mexico with relative ease or that they were going to demand entry to the US?

Or did it say something more like travelling en masse had kept them safe from banditos and that they were going to ask for asylum once they reach the border?

Fordama

Postby Fordama » Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:01 pm

Gotta do their best to make them sound like a menacing brown horde.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:26 pm

And, I might add, this horrendous horde of Hondurans will be asking for asylum on an individual basis. Not even them illegal alien-loving Democrats would wave an entire caravan through the border unchecked.

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:40 pm

You missed the point. Trump was complaining that Mexico was doing nothing to stop them. It's evidently okay to enter Mexico illegally as long as you are just passing through on your way to the USA.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Re: People are streaming across the border to take advantage of DACA

Postby John Q. Public » Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:14 pm

What gives you the impression that they're going to get to the USA?

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Wed May 02, 2018 9:49 am

La Opinion is reporting that there are 30 transgender=>women in this caravan applying for asylum. Sorry, LGBQ advocates but that's just comical. Their chances wouldn't be any worse if they were all wearing Hail to the Pendejo T-shirts.

Fordama

Postby Fordama » Wed May 02, 2018 10:24 am

Professor Fate wrote:You missed the point. Trump was....
...fanning the flames of xenophobic fears and racism.

That's what Trump was doing.

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Wed May 02, 2018 12:08 pm

John Q. Public wrote:Source of the post What gives you the impression that they're going to get to the USA?

Evidently, my keen analytical skills, right?

Return to “National”