Peter Costelli transfers to Santa Margarita

Playthegame

Peter Costelli transfers to Santa Margarita

Postby Playthegame » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:23 pm

Peter Costelli Bosco Transfer to Santa Margarita...great pick up for the Eagles...Duel threat and only a sophomore so lot's of room to grow...
Last edited by John Q. Public on Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Translated the title to English

Sweetness34

Re: Costelli to Rita

Postby Sweetness34 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:34 pm

I was surprised to see Steve Fryer report this..He never reports on transfers, especially when its a non high profile kid. He made the post because it involves St. John Bosco QB, otherwise it doesn't get reported like the several other underclassmen transfers.

Whats more surprising when watching the highlights of Costelli - was the fact that Bosco's freshman class didn't look anything like the usual Bosco freshmen teams, UNLESS this kids highlights were from their B team... Those kids weren't as athletic-looking or have any size.

Remember Trillian Harris, sophomore to be transferred in from Chaparral.. and he has Varsity experience.
Last edited by Sweetness34 on Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Playthegame

Postby Playthegame » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:39 pm

That would make sense as to why the departure, hard to tell from Hudl film, but the kid could run and throw...looked good on the film...but those were highlight clips...either way with DJ there for the next two years, not a real attractive place to be if you are the under...

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:40 pm

So Bosco is set at QB with Ug-----------not even gonna try.
O Lu is set at QB with Hilinski.

MD is set at QB after their transfer from Cathedral.
J Serra is set at QB after their transfer from Servite.
SM is set at QB after their transfers from Bosco, and Chaparral.

Meanwhile Servite will choose between last year's 3rd string varsity QB, 2nd string JV QB, or their frosh team starting QB. Do I have that right? :bonk:
Well, obviously we have giant butterflies in CA. They's climbin' in your windows, They's snatchin' your people up, tryin' to steal 'em. So y'all need to hide your kids, hide your stars, and hide your coaches cause they're grabin' everybody out here.

Playthegame

Postby Playthegame » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:58 pm

Well in light of TH being at SM makes you wonder...why he chose SM...good point Sweetness...Harris is 6'4" with Varsity experience...Costelli maybe for Norwood options...just don't know enough about the kid, but as Sweetness points out...not really news...yet.

Playthegame

Postby Playthegame » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:03 pm

Professor...Servite's Fate is in the hands of Mr. Thomas...Where's the Guild when you need him, them, =$ you guys just need to take the Camino approach..."just depends on...how big your pocket book is..." Dexter Jettster

watchersince68

Postby watchersince68 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:07 pm

Professor
Must be hell to be Servite. Look on the bright side you have some choices.

Omar Bongo

Re: Peter Costelli transfers to Santa Margarita

Postby Omar Bongo » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:21 pm

Could Servite's failure to attract talent like the rest of the Trinity have anything to do with the fact that they've won only 8 league games in the last 6 six years? Nah...
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

MDDad

Postby MDDad » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:22 pm

You've hit the nail on the head, Omar. In today's environment, it's all about destination schools, and most of the best athletes want to go to one. With the six Trinity League schools all offering essentially the same tuition discounts, nine out of ten kids are going to choose Mater Dei or Bosco.

Troy Thomas' return brings some panache back to Servite, but they aren't going to become a destination school overnight.

Buck

Postby Buck » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:13 pm

MD homers patting other MD homers on the back...... the circle jerk continues. How many Trinity league schools are receiving would be senior xfers? Blah blah..... don’t reel in all Trinity schools to the gutter MD/Bosco dwell in

Riddle me this now that your all All World LB xfer blew out his ACL (feel for the kid), will MD still pay his tuition? Will you double your offer to Justin Flowe?

Playthegame

Postby Playthegame » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:16 pm

JQP...Last edited by John Q. Public on Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Translated the title to English...so Rita like Hayworth is that not English? So we can't we use abbreviations like MV MD JSerra...everyone knows who Rita is...even you! :mrgreen:

OutOfState

Postby OutOfState » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:08 pm

Buck wrote:
Riddle me this now that your all All World LB xfer blew out his ACL (feel for the kid)

Is Funa’s injury a confirmed ACL? I have not seen any details on the seriousness of the injury. I saw elsewhere that it was mentioned he injured it playing rugby. Smh

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:19 pm

Buck wrote:Source of the post (feel for the kid)

He says as he does a victory dance on the kid's knee... :roll:
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:21 pm

Playthegame wrote:Source of the post So we can't we use abbreviations like MV MD JSerra...everyone knows who Rita is...even you!

Google doesn't. Think of the subject as a headline. Have you ever seen one like that in a newspaper? The standard rule of writing is that you spell out the first use - Peter Costelli, Santa Margarita, Puh... Puh... Puhresident Donald Trump. "Costelli to Rita" would come up very low if someone was searching for the kid's name. Do him (and the site) a favor and spell it out.

"QB" is probably OK ( :giggle: Grammar Police humor), WR, RB, HC, OC (to mean Offensive Coordinator) probably not.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Playthegame

Postby Playthegame » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:28 pm

Thanks Dude!

Diesel17

Postby Diesel17 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:44 am

Remember, there is an incoming 8th grader coming to Santa Margarita that will also be in the mix.

It will be an interesting competition for the varsity qb position.

dont be that guy

Postby dont be that guy » Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:37 pm

Wait. There are 16 posts about unknown kid who has never thrown a varsity pass, who had zero chance of starting at Bosco and will likely be 2nd string at SM. C'mon guys.

Wait, I made this post #17. Damn me.

insidetrinity

Postby insidetrinity » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:32 pm

I may be wrong (it happened once before) and this is just based on hudl film watching but costelli looks better to me than Harris. But I guess we’ll see

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:46 pm

Speaking of watching Hudl videos, we can embed those, ya know. Click "Share," "Copy URL," paste.

Peter Costelli

Trilian Harris

Don't look at me, I just work here.

hit the lights

Postby hit the lights » Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:45 am

How does Bosco or MD NOT GO AFTER flowe from Upland? Upland will not be the same team without Baldwin at QB.
FLOWE is the real deal and might be better than Solo who came from Clairmont a year ago. Suprised hes not at IMG with Baldwin.

Return to “High School”