So Obama's Justice Department Spied on the Trump Campaign

Professor Fate

So Obama's Justice Department Spied on the Trump Campaign

Postby Professor Fate » Fri May 11, 2018 11:18 pm

Did the bureau engage in outright spying against the 2016 Trump campaign?

The Department of Justice lost its latest battle with Congress Thursday when it agreed to brief House Intelligence Committee members about a top-secret intelligence source that was part of the FBI’s investigation of the Trump campaign. Even without official confirmation of that source’s name, the news so far holds some stunning implications.

Among them is that the Justice Department and Federal Bureau of Investigation outright hid critical information from a congressional investigation

...The department knew full well it should have turned this material over to congressional investigators last year, but instead deliberately concealed it.

House investigators nonetheless sniffed out a name, and Mr. Nunes in recent weeks issued a letter and a subpoena demanding more details. Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein’s response was to double down—accusing the House of “extortion” and delivering a speech in which he claimed that “declining to open the FBI’s files to review” is a constitutional “duty.”
https://www.wsj.com/articles/about-that ... mail_share

This is looking really bad for the FBI. And the timing of all this is huge. Yuge even. If it turns out this spying by an FBI mole started before the Papadopoulos drunken ramblings overheard by an Australian diplomat, then the FBI has been lying all along, and they had been spying on the Trump campaign before July 2016. :fan:

Well, obviously we have giant butterflies in CA. They's climbin' in your windows, They's snatchin' your people up, tryin' to steal 'em. So y'all need to hide your kids, hide your stars, and hide your coaches cause they're grabin' everybody out here.

Omar Bongo

Re: So Obama's Justice Department Spied on the Trump Campaign

Postby Omar Bongo » Fri May 11, 2018 11:49 pm

Would you like some cheese on that nothingburger?
"Character matters to the presidency and Donald Trump will bring the highest level of integrity to the highest office in the land. You can count on it.”
Mike Pence

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

Vilepagan

Postby Vilepagan » Sat May 12, 2018 3:18 am

Professor Fate wrote:Source of the post This is looking really bad for the FBI.

Not so far it isn't. Get back to me when you have a news article that details the wrongdoing at the FBI. All you've got here is an op-ed piece that asks a bunch of questions.

Oh yeah, nice job posting a misleading title to this thread. Now that's what I call "fake news".
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Sat May 12, 2018 5:43 am

Maybe they were doing something illegal.

That's their job.

Not sure what point you are making.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Red

Postby Red » Sat May 12, 2018 7:56 am

Like I have always said Professor....the left does not enjoy freedom. They love government and the more authority the government have, the better they like it. They don't care the FBI, State Department, and NSA broke the laws to manipulate the election like their friends in Cuba and Russia. Sad but true. I have been following all of it, but I refuse to waste my time. The Deep State is crumbling and will be exposed. Soon they will be singing like canaries. The Inspector General's report will be public, however their lying eyes will not believe it.
Liberalism is like an out-of-control 5 year old at McDonalds. All the talking to and admonishment won't make a difference. They have no concept of right or wrong, they are nothing more than narcissists.

Vilepagan

Postby Vilepagan » Sat May 12, 2018 8:13 am

Red wrote:Source of the post I have been following all of it, but I refuse to waste my time.

That's hilarious, Red.
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

broman

Postby broman » Wed May 16, 2018 6:56 pm

Everybody meet "deep state" Chris Wray, Trump appointed head of the FBI..

FBI Director Christopher Wray underscored the importance of protecting the identity of human sources in testimony Wednesday amid an ongoing battle with House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes and other House Republicans over the disclosure of a document the Justice Department says would endanger a source.

"The day that we can't protect human sources is the day the American people start becoming less safe," Wray told members of the Senate Appropriations Committee. "Human sources in particular who put themselves at great risk to work with us and with our foreign partners have to be able to trust that we're going to protect their identities and in many cases their lives and the lives of their families."
Wray said he respected Congress' oversight duties and "we welcome the tough questions given our responsibilities" but defended the pace of the bureau's document production, as the FBI and Justice Department have faced subpoenas and criticism from House Republicans.

Asked by Senator Pat Leahy if he stood by his past testimony that the Russia investigation is not a witch hunt -- as President Donald Trump has repeatedly called it -- Wray said "yes."

The senator then brought up a recent poll that showed a majority of Republicans said the FBI and the Justice Department are framing the president.

Wray responded by saying, "While I recognize there are a lot of opinions out there, we don't focus on polls, and surveys and studies. We focus on, as I said, the opinions of the people who know us through our work. And what I find when I go out and talk to people in the field out on the front lines -- our partners, the judges, the prosecutors, the victims -- the feedback I get, uniformly, is positive and supportive."

Leahy also brought up Trump's criticism of the FBI, and expressed concern over what he described as "the relentless, politicized attacks on our nation's law enforcement" by the administration.

Wray did not weigh in on the President's criticism, sticking to praise for FBI agents instead.
"The agents that I have worked with since being on the job have inspired me every day in terms of their professionalism, their integrity, their courage and their commitment to doing the right thing in the right way," he said.
https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/16/politics ... index.html

broman

Re: Your Daily WTF

Postby broman » Wed May 16, 2018 7:09 pm

About the Trump Tower meeting, it was a set up :roll:

....... let's not forget that Natalia Veselnitskaya admitted that she was a spy a couple months ago. We knew that. But the most interesting part is that Glenn Simpson, who is the co-founder of Fusion GPS, was part of writing this unverified, salacious dossier about the president, met with her before the Trump Tower meeting with Don Jr. and after the meeting, which makes me think this wasn't about giving Don Jr. dirt. This was about her going into Trump Tower and trying to get dirt on the Trump campaign.

MELISSA FRANCIS (CO-HOST): Can I just say though, bringing it back for a second to what Katie said, because -- so that was my impression, too. But that's sort of like if you're reading it and looking for a deeper level, was that this was probably one of many attempts to infiltrate the campaign --

PAVLICH: On behalf of Hillary Clinton and the DNC [Democratic National Committee].
https://www.mediamatters.org/video/2018 ... dnc/220224

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Wed May 16, 2018 8:09 pm

Who are Melissa Francis (co-host) and Pavlich? I have no idea what that post was about.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

broman

Postby broman » Wed May 16, 2018 8:22 pm

Fox News host claiming the DNC ran a operation to get the unwitting and honest Trump team to meet with Russians.

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Wed May 16, 2018 11:50 pm

Are unwitting and witless the same thing :eh?:
"Character matters to the presidency and Donald Trump will bring the highest level of integrity to the highest office in the land. You can count on it.”
Mike Pence

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

broman

Postby broman » Thu May 17, 2018 5:02 am

@realDonaldTrump
Follow Follow @realDonaldTrump
More
Wow, word seems to be coming out that the Obama FBI “SPIED ON THE TRUMP CAMPAIGN WITH AN EMBEDDED INFORMANT.” Andrew McCarthy says, “There’s probably no doubt that they had at least one confidential informant in the campaign.” If so, this is bigger than Watergate!

75 criminal charges, 22 indictments and 5 guilty pleas.

broman

Postby broman » Thu May 17, 2018 5:04 am

broman wrote:Source of the post Asked by Senator Pat Leahy if he stood by his past testimony that the Russia investigation is not a witch hunt -- as President Donald Trump has repeatedly called it -- Wray said "yes."

Donald J. Trump

Verified account

@realDonaldTrump
2h2 hours ago
More
Congratulations America, we are now into the second year of the greatest Witch Hunt in American History...and there is still No Collusion and No Obstruction. The only Collusion was that done by Democrats who were unable to win an Election despite the spending of far more money!

Time to fire another FBI director..... --:--

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Thu May 17, 2018 5:23 am

It could be the Trump campaign was doing something illegal.

It's what the FBI does.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Vilepagan

Postby Vilepagan » Thu May 17, 2018 6:22 am

Here's a WTF moment from the orangutan-in-chief himself...on twitter:

"Despite the disgusting, illegal and unwarranted Witch Hunt, we have had the most successful first 17 month Administration in U.S. history - by far! Sorry to the Fake News Media and “Haters,” but that’s the way it is!"

I guess he's not including the 75 criminal charges, 22 indictments and 5 guilty pleas, and I also must presume he didn't hear Tillerson's speech yesterday.

:lol:

Fordama

Postby Fordama » Thu May 17, 2018 6:23 am

Trump's own Justice Department is investigating Trump.

That's probably far more important--and real.
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Thu May 17, 2018 6:36 am

broman wrote:Source of the post Asked by Senator Pat Leahy if he stood by his past testimony that the Russia investigation is not a witch hunt -- as President Donald Trump has repeatedly called it -- Wray said "yes."

Is it still a witch hunt if the hunters keep finding witches?

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Thu May 17, 2018 9:06 am

Donald wrote:Source of the post If so, this is bigger than Watergate!

One of those "you said it, not me" moments.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Thu May 17, 2018 2:00 pm

broman wrote:Source of the post
75 criminal charges, 22 indictments and 5 guilty pleas.

Postby Vilepagan » Thu May 17, 2018 8:22 am
I guess he's not including the 75 criminal charges, 22 indictments and 5 guilty pleas

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that:

13 of those indictments are Russians with no ties to the Trump campaign, who are charged with interfering in the election.

Three others were Russian Companies with no ties to the Trump campaign.

And I believe one was a California man with no ties to the Trump campaign, who sold bank accounts to those Russian.

And one was a Dutch Lawyer with no ties to the Trump campaign, who represented the Ukranians, and was charged with and pleaded guilty to lying.

That leaves four former Trump campaign associates – Michael Flynn, Paul Manafort, Richard Gates and George Papadopoulos – have been charged, though none of the charges are directly related to any misconduct by the president's campaign.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/04 ... o-far.html

But hey, 75 criminal charges, 22 indictments and 5 guilty pleas sounds so much more impressive, I know. :roll:
Last edited by Professor Fate on Thu May 17, 2018 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Well, obviously we have giant butterflies in CA. They's climbin' in your windows, They's snatchin' your people up, tryin' to steal 'em. So y'all need to hide your kids, hide your stars, and hide your coaches cause they're grabin' everybody out here.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Thu May 17, 2018 2:06 pm

Professor Fate wrote:Source of the post But hey, 75 criminal charges, 22 indictments and 5 guilty pleas sounds so much more impressive, I know.

I agree.

Return to “National”