QB Elite 11 Finals ~ 2018

SK80

QB Elite 11 Finals ~ 2018

Postby SK80 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:26 am

Redondo Beach, Ca.

It was day two and the best QB's in the nation were in Southern California for the Nike Elite 11 competition. With just one day to go here is a report on the action. Just two California boys made the cut, Jayden Daniels of CAJON and Ryan Hilinski of ORANGE LUTHERAN.

Twelve of these Twenty-Four will make the FINALS cut, according to 247sports rating the best performers on day two.

Elite112018.png

It appears Hilinski is well on his way to making that final cut... according to 247sports rating the best performers on day two.

No. 2- Ryan Hilinski, Orange (Calif.) Lutheran. Committed to South Carolina - Hilinski had the most wow throws, even though he didn't finish in the top three for points (finishing fourth instead). From our evaluations, he may have been the most impressive looking quarterback. The South Carolina pledge had the other quarterbacks and coaches hootin' at his throws. He looked dynamic and the ball exploded out of his hands.

NotDonaldBren

Re: QB Elite 11 Finals ~ 2018

Postby NotDonaldBren » Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:08 am

Pretty much every observer and evaluator has said "this is a down year for quarterbacks nationally." Essentially saying that without JT its pretty much a signal caller wasteland in 2019.

I hope Jayden and Ryan and the rest in the class take that personally.

SK80

Postby SK80 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:01 am

@NDB, seems to be a consensus out there about the less than stellar QB class of 2019. I have seen the term be used that most have a ceiling and but a couple could break through. I have read this about the Howell and Nix kids. And I do hope as do you that JD and RH prove these soothsayers wrong. :thumbsup:

FBOC

Postby FBOC » Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:44 am

This only considers SR''s to be correct?

hit the lights

Postby hit the lights » Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:56 pm

Last year, and the year before , no doubt, JT was the best, high school QB in America. Now at USC.
Not far behind was Hillinski., now the # 8 QB in America, behind Jayden Daniels at Cajon # 3.
Hillinski is smart, makes great throws and decisions, already committed. Daniels is a pure athlete, but now without his Randy Moss clone receiver, now at Diamond Ranch, so we will see how he does. The kid is for sure another level though, one , maybe MD would want, so they got? Hank Bachmeier Murrieta Valley QB another standout with big arm and good decision making abilities, but also without Maurice Spiker, so lets see? Im guessing Hillinski along with his fierce group of top notch next level recievers will put up big wins and numbers this year. The kid has been through alot and the family, i wish good luck to. :thumbsup:

FBOC

Postby FBOC » Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:44 pm

Where is Hank at still at Murrieta

Playthegame

Postby Playthegame » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:02 am

NotDonaldBren wrote:Source of the post I hope Jayden and Ryan and the rest in the class take that personally.

Sounds like another QB I know from down south...

SK80

Postby SK80 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:11 am

Looks like they both did just that..... Hilinski and Daniels make Elite 11 cut =D>

According to the reporting and analysis by 247sport Oklahoma commit Spencer Rattler led the pack. Yet it was Daniels a close second moving ahead of Hilinski in the 3 day rating... Here is the top 11 ..... https://247sports.com/Article/Elite-11- ... -118767687

NotDonaldBren

Postby NotDonaldBren » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:53 pm

"Not far behind was Hillinski., now the # 8 QB in America, behind Jayden Daniels at Cajon # 3.
Hillinski is smart, makes great throws and decisions, already committed. Daniels is a pure athlete, but now without his Randy Moss clone receiver, now at Diamond Ranch, so we will see how he does."

:lol: This is pure COMEDY.

Jayden Daniels is a "pure athlete???" Hmmmm, OK. The kid completed 70% of 459 attempts in one high school season. That alone is insane. He PASSED for 5,139 yards. FIVE THOUSAND ONE HUNDRED THIRTY NINE. That alone is insane. He had a 62-5 TD to interception ratio. That alone is INSANE. Those are JT Daniels 2016 numbers.

Even without Darren Jones (the aforementioned high school Randy Moss), Daniels still would have completed more than 350 passes in 2017 to OTHER WRs at Cajon High, for more than 3,000 OTHER yards, and 34 OTHER passing TDs. So, even without DJ, Daniels still would have nearly matched Ryan Hilinski's 2017 season passing yards and exceeded his total passing TDs (3800 yds, 33 TDs).

And that is only his junior season. Will be a 4 year varsity starter. PASSED for 2694 yards and 35 TDs as a 150 pound, 14 year old freshman. Has PASSED for 9,312 yards and 110 touchdowns, with only 20 INTs in 967 attempts (!), over 3 years -- two of those years WITHOUT Darren Jones.

Yes, we know, he isn't playing in the Trinity League. Yes, we know he earned the right to play in 4 more games than Hilinski by leading his team all the way to Sacramento. I don't care if they were playing Little Brothers of the Poor High School on Homecoming, and the School for the Blind on Senior Night. Those numbers are outrageous, and they don't lie.

SK80

Postby SK80 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:06 pm

I think like JT, USC see will have their eyes on JD.

NotDonaldBren

Postby NotDonaldBren » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:11 pm

Ryan Hilinski is an A1 kid and a very good player. But its beyond a joke, and honestly pretty tone deaf, to compare Hilinski and Daniels and say one is "smart, makes great throws and decisions" and the other is just a "pure athlete" who may struggle by losing one wideout.

There is a reason they are both Elite 11 QBs. There is a reason a consensus of national talent evaluators have Jayden Daniels rated ahead of Ryan Hilinski at the position of QUARTERBACK. There is a reason why Jayden Daniels has offers from guys like Nick Saban, Urban Meyer, Kirby Smart and Jimbo Fisher, along with other national brands including Penn St, Florida, Florida St and LSU, not to mention ten Pac 12 schools (including USC and UCLA).

Its definitely not because he's a "pure athlete," despite having run for over 2000 career yards and 24 career rushing TDs, including almost 1300 yds and 15 rushing tds last season alone -- to go with the video game passing numbers detailed above.

Kid is great passing QB who can ALSO kill a team with his legs. In other words, he is TODAY's QB. Not an athlete just chucking it up and hoping for the best. Jiminy Cricket, Pinnocho -- give the young man his due! As Vince Lombardi would say, "What in the hell is goin' on out here?!" What year is this? 2018 or 1968?

COMEDY. :lol:

FilthyPelican

Postby FilthyPelican » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:22 pm

***News Flash***
Darren Jones, 6' 9 WR Cajon High School.
Jones was at D.R. for all of 48 hours before he transferred back to Cajon HS. So unless his grades keep him off the field, Daniels and Jones will be back on the field again for 2018 at Cajon HS.
"The Wolf is never concerned about the opinions of the Sheep"

BBB

Postby BBB » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:40 am

NotDonaldBren wrote:[b]Yes, we know, he isn't playing in the Trinity League. Yes, we know he earned the right to play in 4 more games than Hilinski by leading his team all the way to Sacramento. I don't care if they were playing Little Brothers of the Poor High School on Homecoming, and the School for the Blind on Senior Night. Those numbers are outrageous, and they don't lie.
Did you really just say this? Wow! Level of competition absolutely matters, while you imply it doesn’t at all.

Look, despite FAR inferior competition, Daniels numbers are still impressive. But nothing like a program that throws as often as they do there and a coach who keeps his starters in much longer than he should. But kudos to the kid for making the best of his situation.

Now I’ve seen the two throw in 7v7 tournaments for the past two years as well as on film. Hilinski is the better passer while Daniels is the far superior runner. And that gap in passing ability widened this off season.

That’s not to say Daniels can’t throw the ball, just that he’s not the same level of passer with similar levels of talent in terms of teammates and competition.

Hilinski is under rated because he can’t run effectively. But his pocket movement is pretty good. I will say Daniels does a better job extending plays. Most colleges would do well to have either one in their program.

NotDonaldBren

Postby NotDonaldBren » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:06 pm

But nothing like a program that throws as often as they do there and a coach who keeps his starters in much longer than he should. But kudos to the kid for making the best of his situation.

Did you really just say this? Wow! Yeah that coach is a real Jimmy Johnson. "Kudos" to Daniels for "making the best of his situation." That record-breaking, state championship run was just a piss poor mess!!

Hilinski is the better passer while Daniels is the far superior runner. And that gap in passing ability widened this off season.

Man that's a real nice island you got yourself bud. Big BALLA!!!

Hilinski is under rated because he can’t run effectively.

You've got to be kidding us. :lol: Ryan Hilinski laughed out loud at this nonsense.

Let me get back to being an "MD homer." Not sure why I pay attention to some of these trolls ...

BBB

Postby BBB » Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:33 am

Wow, crying to the moderator to get my post deleted. Sorry Donnie Boy, but Hilinski is the better passer. Simply look at the offers. But wait, did all of those coaches not consult you? Hmmm. You can keep standing in the corner facing the wall and repeat to yourself whatever silly, uninformed take you have while everyone else either skips right past your long winded posts or those who actually read the dribble simply mock your weak takes. But don’t worry Donnie Boy, we all recognize you’re nothing more than the harmless village troll. Keep making up stats for your kid though. Silly daddy ball troll.

OutOfState

Postby OutOfState » Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:55 am

As someone who has no horse in this race and I’d like to think able to give an objective assessment........
As a pure pocket passer and gun slinger, Hilinski is better. Daniels is obviously the better runner and is probably harder to defend since he can beat you with his arm and legs. I’m not saying one is better than the other. They are both elite. A good coach will create their offensive scheme to get the maximum out of the tools that their QB offers.
As for who has the highest ceiling that is debatable. Hilinski would flourish in an offensive system that is more traditional and. ‘NFL like’ such as USC, Stanford, Washington, Alabama, UCLA, Cal, Texas, Florida etc. Daniels would shine at systems like Oregon, Clemson, Washington State, etc.

SK80

Postby SK80 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:39 am

Thank you OutOfState for clarifying the QB debate being argued for no reason outside of being combative. :slapfight:

Hilinski (PRO-STYLE) QB and Daniels (DUAL-THREAT) QB play the position with a different skill set. Both valid in this game and in my opinion the NCAA. If you want to talk NFL then I believe the "PRO"-STYLE QB will have a longer shelf life and adapt to more NFL offensive game plans.

Both these kids play those different styles at the top of the HS game. Both will likely play NCAA in systems accordingly. With RIVALS each season ranking all high school positions even there they have TWO LISTS for QB's. DUAL-THREAT and PRO-STYLE. So if you really want a debate it is the "style" play at this position not these two fine athletes Hilinski and Daniels and knocking one over the other for what they lack outside their respective style of QB play.

Sheesh.

BBB

Postby BBB » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:37 am

SK80, I think 98% of those on this board know there are two rankings for QBs.

And thank for criticizing what people post only to then do exactly what you just criticized. Then you simply reiterate what was already said by others. Interesting contribution.

As you of all people should know, Donnie Boy is always combative. Actually, he’s a giant tool who doesn’t know how to disagree without trying to rip someone like an adolescent troll tough guy.

I don’t just lay down for his shtick when he tries to come at me. Call me combative if that’s what you want to call it. You should stand up to him more often as well from what I’ve seen.

I simply made a point based on my observation that you and OutOfState clearly agree with. I never said Daniels wasn’t elite (in fact, I said just the opposite). Just that Hilinski was a better thrower and Daniels a better runner with better escapability. I’ve seen the two many, many times first hand over an 18 month period.

People can read stories about their off season and their offers, and you’d be hard pressed to disagree. But feel free to disagree, just don’t be a knucklehead about it like Donnie Boy and his never ending hot take style.

SK80

Postby SK80 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:07 am

Just can't let keyboard warriors get under my skin. We all can get a bit defensive just leave the offensive nature and attacks off the board. And I am not singling you out at all..... :thumbsup: Hopefully more threads in the future will result in more :cheers:

BBB

Postby BBB » Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:29 pm

Amen to that SK80!

Return to “High School”