Another good guy with a gun

Stupid Criminal Tricks are our favorites!
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Another good guy with a gun

Postby John Q. Public » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:19 pm

Colorado man attempting to shoot raccoon shoots himself

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (AP) — Police say a 67-year-old Colorado man attempting to shoot a raccoon on a utility pole shot himself in the lower leg instead.

The shooting was reported just after midnight Tuesday on the southeast side of Colorado Springs.

Colorado Springs police say the man was taken to a local hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.

Police say the man told them he was using a handgun to shoot at the raccoon.

Besides the leg wound, police say the man likely faced a citation for prohibited use of a weapon.

https://apnews.com/d6e297d0c9e14daebee4c3779d268292

Don't look at me, I just work here.

Professor Fate

Re: Another good guy with a gun

Postby Professor Fate » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:10 pm

How do you shoot yourself in the lower leg, when you're aiming at a racoon on a utility pole?
:lol: It reminds me of a guy I once worked with, who had one eye that appeared to be looking higher than the other seemed to be looking. We called him "Tater digger-squirrel shooter."
Well, obviously we have giant butterflies in CA. They's climbin' in your windows, They's snatchin' your people up, tryin' to steal 'em. So y'all need to hide your kids, hide your stars, and hide your coaches cause they're grabin' everybody out here.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:58 pm

it takes a special gift.

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:48 pm

A Washington state carjacker met another good guy with a gun outside of a Walmart, and winds up dead. Unfortunately the good guy is in critical condition now. A 16 year old girl was injured by the carjacker at another location.

Meanwhile, in Ore Utah:

Police said a man who killed a suspected carjacker will not face criminal charges.

Police said the man had a concealed weapons permit and was shooting in self defense. Saturday, Taulagi Matafeo was killed after he confronted the shooter.

According to police, Matafeo was attempting to take the car of a woman who was waiting for her husband. Lt. Craig Martinez said the shooter heard the commotion and came over to help the woman.

The shooter told police he was threatened and shot the man. He then made a call to 911. Police released portions of that 911 call and the shooter told the dispatcher what happened.

"I had a conceal carry weapon,” said the man as he was talking to the dispatcher. “I went up and pointed the gun at him. He put his hands up and came out of the car. He tried to grab the gun from me and I shot him."

https://www.good4utah.com/news/local-wa ... /163358673
Well, obviously we have giant butterflies in CA. They's climbin' in your windows, They's snatchin' your people up, tryin' to steal 'em. So y'all need to hide your kids, hide your stars, and hide your coaches cause they're grabin' everybody out here.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:20 pm

Key being that last paragraph. A guy in our local Facebook group said he'd shoot anyone who tried to break into his car. I told him the thief would be out of jail long before he is. People don't seem to understand that.

Return to “News of the Weird”