Can anyone explain the wisdom of Democrats saying they want to "abolish" ICE?

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Re: Can anyone explain the wisdom of Democrats saying they want to "abolish" ICE?

Postby John Q. Public » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:18 pm

And one he retweeted earlier that we're supposed to think DHS put up unprompted.

Dumb words to use. Very dumb words to use.

Don't look at me, I just work here.

Omar Bongo

Re: Can anyone explain the wisdom of Democrats saying they want to "abolish" ICE?

Postby Omar Bongo » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:39 pm

MDDad wrote:The numbers are the numbers. Roughly 4.6 million Democrats voted for Trump, and 3.2 million Republicans voted for Hillary.

Well, at least Trump won that popular vote...

Then again, looks like you're forgetting the "millions and millions" of illegal aliens who, according to Donald, voted for Hillary

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:44 pm

John Q. Public wrote:Source of the post Dumb words to use. Very dumb words to use.

I like how ICE hides behind Homeland Security and Customs...someone should post stories of them protecting our nation by taking little children from their mothers and incarcerating them. Still thousands missing...thousands
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:18 pm

The ICE supervisor in Northern Cal who quit a couple weeks ago said he left because they were told to submit their five "most sensational" stories from the recent sweeps. Gee. Ya think that could be what they're tweeting? At least it's good to see that some of them realize that isn't their job.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:24 pm

Tommy Tar wrote:Source of the post This little group is growing.

Can anyone tell me how many "L"s there are in "shill"?

MDDad

Postby MDDad » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:08 pm

Omar Bongo wrote:Well, at least Trump won that popular vote...

It would be easy, and perhaps even somewhat rational, to conclude that it was Democrat votes in the Rust Belt that swung the election for Trump.

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:00 pm

It's simplistic to conclude that any single factor was the one that won or lost the election. Every one of a dozen or more things Trump needed to break in his favor went his way. Probably the three biggest ones in no particular order:

1) Clinton campaigned in the wrong states

2) Comey re-opened the email investigation 11 days before the election

3) Democratic turnout was just low enough in key suburbs in Miami, Detroit and Philadelphia to hand Trump Florida, Michigan and Pennsylvania...of the more than 120 million votes cast, 107,000 votes in those three states effectively decided the election. In fact, any two would have put Clinton in the White House.

Vilepagan

Postby Vilepagan » Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:34 am

Omar Bongo wrote:Source of the post Why do you feel you have to lie?

Obviously the truth just doesn't work for him.
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

Vilepagan

Postby Vilepagan » Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:39 am

Omar Bongo wrote:Source of the post 3) Democratic turnout was just low enough in key suburbs in Miami, Detroit and Philadelphia to hand Trump Florida, Michigan and Pennsylvania...

Wait...didn't I say something like that earlier?
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:31 am

Yup.
Vilepagan wrote:Source of the post I can see a lot of democrats staying away from the polls out of disgust for Hillary but I don't believe a great many democrats voted for trump.

I would add that a large number of blacks who turned out in 2008 & 2012 also stayed home...not out of disgust for Hillary, but because Obama wasn't on the ballot.
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

Donald Trump

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:44 am

Anyway, back to the topic...the aptly named White House strategy of lies, xenophobia and fearmongering is ramping up:

The official White House Twitter account attacked two Democratic senators who have been critical of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE):

The White House
@WhiteHouse
@SenKamalaHarris, why are you supporting the animals of MS-13? You must not know what ICE really does. Here is a link to help you out: [propaganda link deleted]
5:33 AM - Jul 3, 2018

Harris shot back:

Kamala Harris
@KamalaHarris
As a career prosecutor, I actually went after gangs and transnational criminal organizations. That's being a leader on public safety. What is not, is ripping babies from their mothers.
6:18 AM - Jul 3, 2018

http://time.com/5328883/official-white- ... olish-ice/

Ouch...I'm liking her more and more =D>
George Will

Donald Trump

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:07 am

Trump is bringing a butter knife to a gun fight (who are armed with something akin to a SPAS-12) with these two.

I just like the fact that a grandma pushing 80 has all these macho men types wetting their pants.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Tommy Tar

Postby Tommy Tar » Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:57 am

I think we have 26 democrat and 8 republicans senators running for re-election in the midterms. In that group we have 7 seats that could flip to the other party. The GOP has NV and AZ and the democrats have Indy,WV,Montana, ND and Missouri. How many ICE protest did we see in these 7 states? How many of these states did Trump win?

Some of you guys are looking for the home run by getting rid of President Trump and the GOP is playing small ball by filling the congress, senate, courts and states houses with republicans.
‘I Haven’t Seen Democrats This Mad Since We Freed the Slaves!’..... Rob Schneider.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:02 am

And with all that control they complain about dems and liberals obstructing them.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:28 pm

Tommy Tar wrote:Source of the post How many ICE protest did we see in these 7 states?

You are aware that issues play differently depending on the state, right? You don't see Trump talking about coal mining jobs in border states, do you?

Tommy Tar wrote:Source of the post the GOP is playing small ball by filling the congress, senate, courts and states houses with republicans

Yet that doesn't stop them continually squealing like stuck pigs about Democratic political bias against Republicans throughout the government. Hypocrites.
George Will

Donald Trump

Tommy Tar

Postby Tommy Tar » Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:39 pm

I guess we will see in November.... :cheers:
‘I Haven’t Seen Democrats This Mad Since We Freed the Slaves!’..... Rob Schneider.

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:45 pm

Yes, barring Trump cancelling the elections we will see the Senate keep its Republican majority and House go to the Democrats :cheers:
George Will

Donald Trump

Tommy Tar

Postby Tommy Tar » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:19 pm

https://www.vox.com/2018/7/13/17568170/ ... n-congress

For the first time in years, House Democrats are getting the chance to vote on a Democrat-sponsored immigration bill — and they are planning to vote against it.

House Republican leaders said they would bring up a vote for a contentious “Abolish ICE” bill proposed by three progressive Democrats — Reps. Mark Pocan (D-WI), Pramila Jayapal (D-WA), and Adriano Espaillat (D-NY) — knowing it would put the minority party in a difficult position. Republicans know Abolish ICE is divisive for Democrats, so they’re taking the most left-wing proposal out there and putting it up for a vote.

Progressive Democrats never thought their messaging bill, which would have disbanded Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency within a year, would make it to the floor. They didn’t try to build a coalition around it or even reach out to parts of the Democratic conference, Jayapal said. Now, they are trying to find a way to match Republican gamesmanship. The Congressional Hispanic Caucus has already come out against the proposal, and the progressive lawmakers who wrote the bill have said they won’t vote in favor of it, instead using the floor time to make public statements on Trump’s immigration policy.
=snip=

So they're going to vote against their own bill. :bonk:

Vilepagan

Postby Vilepagan » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:52 pm

It's what you call "political theater", at its finest.

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:34 pm

Tommy Tar wrote:Source of the post they are trying to find a way to match Republican gamesmanship

Impossible. We're talking about the people who voted to abolish Obamacare over 60 times to make a political point, only to see their fellow Republicans ultimately join Democrats to vote against it
George Will

Donald Trump

Return to “National”