So Donald's going on a road trip

John Q. Public
Site Admin

So Donald's going on a road trip

Postby John Q. Public » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:25 am

Here's the schedule:

Tuesday: Meeting with NATO Secretary-General Jens Stoltenberg.

Wednesday: Meetings with the 28 member nations of NATO. Non-member delegates in attendance will be from Georgia, Ukraine and Afghanistan.

Prediction - See "G7".

Thursday: Business dinner, meetings with Theresa May at her country home and tea with the Queen at Windsor Castle.

Prediction - Dunno, coming the day after the NATO meeting, but May's kind of busy right now with her Brexit chief and Foreign Minister quitting and a British citizen dying from Novichok poisoning - and she probably won't be in a very good mood after Wednesday. And England's playing Croatia in the World Cup semi-finals Wednesday (Final is Sunday), so soccer hooligans could also be an issue. Don will be lucky if the Queen doesn't throw her tea at him.

Friday and Saturday: Golf, of course. At one or both of his business properties. Also, preparations for his meetings with Putin. Maybe 15 minutes. He doesn't need to prepare, right?

Saturday evening through Monday: Helsinki for meetings with Putin.

Prediction: NO COLLUSION. Russia didn't meddle in our election, Crimea and Eastern Ukraine really, really, really wanted to be part of Russia, Putin will volunteer to dismantle all of his nukes you have my word on it, Maxine Waters shot that plane down and there was NO COLLUSION.

Monday night: Home.

Don't look at me, I just work here.

broman

Re: So Donald's going on a road trip

Postby broman » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:42 pm

John Q. Public wrote:Source of the post NO COLLUSION. Russia didn't meddle in our election, Crimea and Eastern Ukraine really, really, really wanted to be part of Russia, Putin will volunteer to dismantle all of his nukes you have my word on it

Great article today outlining Trump political worldview and his Russian connections going back 30 years

In 1986, Soviet ambassador Yuri Dubinin met Trump in New York, flattered him with praise for his building exploits, and invited him to discuss a building in Moscow. Trump visited Moscow in July 1987. He stayed at the National Hotel, in the Lenin Suite, which certainly would have been bugged. There is not much else in the public record to describe his visit, except Trump’s own recollection in The Art of the Deal that Soviet officials were eager for him to build a hotel there.

Two months after his Moscow visit, Trump spent almost $100,000 on a series of full-page newspaper ads that published a political manifesto. “An open letter from Donald J. Trump on why America should stop paying to defend countries that can afford to defend themselves and a full-page ad in the New York Times attacking the Japanese for relying on the United States to defend it militarily.
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/20 ... usion.html

broman

Postby broman » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:09 pm

on Thursday by teasing another controversial possibility, saying he would not rule out ceasing NATO military exercises in the Baltic States if Russian leader Vladimir Putin requested it during their upcoming meeting in Helsinki, Finland.

Asked if he would cancel them, Trump said, "Perhaps we'll talk about that," referring to Putin, a response that has only fueled the the growing uncertainty over the state of the alliance.

and.....

“I think we’ll get along well. But ultimately he’s a competitor. He’s representing Russia. I’m representing the United States. So in a sense we’re competitors, not a question of friend or enemy. He’s not my enemy,” Trump said.

“Hopefully some day, maybe he’ll be a friend. It could happen but I don’t know him very well.”
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-nato ... SKBN1K21GD
:fan:

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:37 pm

In an exclusive interview with The Sun, the One-Man Wrecking Crew in Chief,
  • Accused EU leaders of destroying its culture and identity by allowing in millions of migrants
  • Tore into London Mayor Sadiq Khan for not standing up to terrorists
  • Blamed Khan for spiralling crime in the capital
  • Insisted former Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson would make “a great Prime Minister”
  • Denied once branding Theresa May a “bossy schoolteacher”
  • Maintained he would keep ties with Russian tyrant Vladimir Putin despite the Salisbury Novichok poisonings
  • Demanded Britain and other Nato countries spend more on defence
  • Spoke of his sadness at feeling unwelcome in the capital by anti-Trump protesters
  • Claimed millions of Brits backed his policies
  • Told of his pride at taking wife Melania to meet the Queen
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/6766531/t ... -deal-off/

Two other noteworthy quotes from the interview:

"In fact the GDP since I've taken over has doubled and tripled."

"You know, a poll just came out that I am the most popular person in the history of the Republican Party — 92 per cent. Beating Lincoln. I beat our Honest Abe."

lincoln facepalm.jpg

broman

Postby broman » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:29 am

This doesn't make sense but I think Trump is trying to say he was the victim of a hack job... I think

“Maybe I’ll go first because I didn’t criticize the Prime Minister, I have a lot of respect for the Prime Minister and unfortunately there was a story that was done which was generally fine but it didn’t put in what I said about the Prime Minister and I said tremendous things,” he said. “Fortunately we tend to record stories now so we have it for your enjoyment if you would like it. It’s called fake news and we solve a lot of problems with the good old recording instrument.
https://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/ ... s-fallback

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:06 am

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:20 pm

The Queen should repo his golf course.