Search found 1818 matches

by ThomasDad
Sun May 16, 2010 7:59 am
Forum: News of the Weird
Topic: Fake Yo-Yo Trickster Fools Every TV Station Everywhere
Replies: 5
Views: 436

Re: Fake Yo-Yo Trickster Fools Every TV Station Everywhere

So you would deny me my hobby? It isn't like I'm knocking over liquor stores, y'know.
by ThomasDad
Sun May 16, 2010 7:58 am
Forum: National
Topic: President Obama Uses The Slur "Teabaggers"
Replies: 135
Views: 1212

Re: President Obama Uses The Slur "Teabaggers"

Calibaby wrote: If this was a court of law, then I would agree with you. However, it isn't, so the circumstancial evidence I presented (along with common sense) can find the President guilty of using a slur.
Mmmmmmm...no.

You have a jar full of air. Enjoy it.
by ThomasDad
Wed May 12, 2010 8:41 pm
Forum: Computers and the Internet
Topic: Time for a new cell phone
Replies: 73
Views: 2331

Re: Time for a new cell phone

:eh?: How could anybody not like the Blues??? That's just downright un-American. Oh, the blues give me a headache My head is in such pain I said, the blues give me a headache My head is in such pain I don't think I'll get no relief, now My Advil just rolled down the drain ~Deaf Boy Baker, legend of...
by ThomasDad
Wed May 12, 2010 8:35 pm
Forum: National
Topic: President Obama Uses The Slur "Teabaggers"
Replies: 135
Views: 1212

Re: President Obama Uses The Slur "Teabaggers"

I also agree that I can't prove that President Obama was using the term in a derogatory manner. I can provide circumstantial evidence: And that nullifies the title of the thread. You began with your conclusion, then tried to figure out how to shape the information into proving your thesis. The only...
by ThomasDad
Wed May 12, 2010 3:04 pm
Forum: National
Topic: President Obama Uses The Slur "Teabaggers"
Replies: 135
Views: 1212

Re: President Obama Uses The Slur "Teabaggers"

No, you asked if I was dim, attempting an insult at my intelligence level. Rote memorization of facts such as when the tea bag was invented & intelligence are two different things. Understanding that concept (the difference of the two) requires intelligence. No, we're really just discussing common ...
by ThomasDad
Tue May 11, 2010 9:59 pm
Forum: National
Topic: Drill Baby Drill
Replies: 8
Views: 230

Re: Drill Baby Drill

Electric vehicals just hide the problem, the electricity has to come from somewhere.. Ostrich thinking.. and the range is too short.. You need to catch up on the latest versions of electrics. Most will do at minimum 50 miles and newer versions will do 100 miles or so between rechargings. With the a...
by ThomasDad
Tue May 11, 2010 9:35 pm
Forum: Computers and the Internet
Topic: Time for a new cell phone
Replies: 73
Views: 2331

Re: Time for a new cell phone

RPW wrote: One of the greatest features on the Droid:

You can select who on your contact list will go directly to voicemail when they call you.
That feature is on any Android phone. In the contact info for each entry, there is a check box which will direct all calls from that contact immediately into VM.
by ThomasDad
Tue May 11, 2010 9:31 pm
Forum: Computers and the Internet
Topic: Time for a new cell phone
Replies: 73
Views: 2331

Re: Time for a new cell phone

Do any of these smartphones come with... like... instructions??? The Foreign Babe got a T-Mobile myTouch w/Android and lots of cool features - but it didn't come with any kind of book. They told her, "Well, you can look it up on the web and print it out if you like." It was a 150-page PDF, so it wo...
by ThomasDad
Mon May 10, 2010 4:16 am
Forum: National
Topic: President Obama Uses The Slur "Teabaggers"
Replies: 135
Views: 1212

Re: President Obama Uses The Slur "Teabaggers"

WileyWolverine wrote:Sockpuppets were invented in the late fifth-century by the famous puppeteer, Jean Louis Fontaine. An Internet sockpuppet is one who creates a second identity on a community messageboard in order to avoid detection and ridicule for ignorant statements.
Care to unmask the Wizard of Oz, WW?
by ThomasDad
Mon May 10, 2010 4:15 am
Forum: National
Topic: President Obama Uses The Slur "Teabaggers"
Replies: 135
Views: 1212

Re: President Obama Uses The Slur "Teabaggers"

Still, your argument is very weak because the continued use of the phrase is a double entendre. Those who choose to use it do so knowing full well they are using a description of a sexual act to describe people that they disagree with. Despite your protests, it is indeed a "slur", which is simply d...
by ThomasDad
Sun May 09, 2010 8:25 pm
Forum: National
Topic: President Obama Uses The Slur "Teabaggers"
Replies: 135
Views: 1212

Re: President Obama Uses The Slur "Teabaggers"

If your definition was valid, then the participants of the Boston Tea Party would also be refered to as "teabaggers". They aren't. My God, are you really this dim? Tea bags didn't exist in Colonial America. The "indians" who participated in the Boston Tea Party couldn't be called "teabaggers" if su...
by ThomasDad
Sun May 09, 2010 11:36 am
Forum: National
Topic: President Obama Uses The Slur "Teabaggers"
Replies: 135
Views: 1212

Re: President Obama Uses The Slur "Teabaggers"

The same holds true for each end of the political spectrum. For every Hannity, there is an Olbermann. For every birther, there is a conspiracy theorist. Hannity is accused of profiting from his show, Al Gore has done the same. For every Beck, there is a Sharpton. The rubes are the fringe elements f...
by ThomasDad
Sun May 09, 2010 11:35 am
Forum: National
Topic: President Obama Uses The Slur "Teabaggers"
Replies: 135
Views: 1212

Re: President Obama Uses The Slur "Teabaggers"

kramer wrote:
I wish... :D
I believe in you, buddy. I wish I knew my way around a line of code...any line of code.
by ThomasDad
Sun May 09, 2010 10:55 am
Forum: National
Topic: President Obama Uses The Slur "Teabaggers"
Replies: 135
Views: 1212

Re: President Obama Uses The Slur "Teabaggers"

kramer wrote:

Hey TD, welcome back!
Hey Mark! Are you now fabulously wealthy from writing paid iPad apps?
by ThomasDad
Sun May 09, 2010 10:54 am
Forum: National
Topic: President Obama Uses The Slur "Teabaggers"
Replies: 135
Views: 1212

Re: President Obama Uses The Slur "Teabaggers"

Nice rant there ThomasDad, but let me just comment on the two most prominent points. First, you have been seduced by statistics. Where you got the number for the percentage of the U.S. population that knows the alternate meaning of "tea-bagging" is anybodys guess. My hunch is that it came from your...
by ThomasDad
Sun May 09, 2010 10:10 am
Forum: National
Topic: President Obama Uses The Slur "Teabaggers"
Replies: 135
Views: 1212

Re: President Obama Uses The Slur "Teabaggers"

Seriously...8 seconds and a web browser and the answer is delivered to you: Domain ID:D155491117-LROR Domain Name:TEABAGPARTY.ORG Created On:28-Feb-2009 23:08:21 UTC Last Updated On:31-Jan-2010 16:48:43 UTC Expiration Date:28-Feb-2011 23:08:21 UTC Sponsoring Registrar:New Dream Network, LLC dba Drea...
by ThomasDad
Sun May 09, 2010 9:54 am
Forum: National
Topic: President Obama Uses The Slur "Teabaggers"
Replies: 135
Views: 1212

Re: President Obama Uses The Slur "Teabaggers"

Tea Party activists loathe the term “tea baggers,” which has emerged in liberal media outlets and elsewhere as a method of mocking the activists and their concerns. You might treat yourself to a Mother's Day gift of a new, competent dictionary, since nothing in the above sentence comes anywhere clo...
by ThomasDad
Thu May 06, 2010 8:38 pm
Forum: MLB
Topic: Angels 2010
Replies: 305
Views: 5720

Re: Angels 2010

This is tough to watch.

It is also only May 6th.

Courage. And take what you wish from this: After the game of 5/6/09, the Angels were 12-14. The team finished 97-65.
by ThomasDad
Sun May 02, 2010 7:23 pm
Forum: MLB
Topic: Angels 2010
Replies: 305
Views: 5720

Re: Angels 2010

GOODave wrote:
Who was that masked man.
Funny you should ask. I have been spending most of my time in the field or on the phone with Commissioner Gordon. Riddler escaped from Arkham again.

Otherwise, I've been feasting on some prime Luther Double Downs.

And that makes for a nice, round 1800 posts.
by ThomasDad
Sun May 02, 2010 7:22 pm
Forum: MLB
Topic: Angels 2010
Replies: 305
Views: 5720

Re: Angels 2010

The Angels March towards Mediocrity continues: There's more on the Angels website if you, uhm, can take it. I don't get it. What the heck is going on? With the trade of Sean Rodriguez, the promotion of Brandon Wood and the release of Matt Brown, I think the Angels were a little thin in the infield ...