Search found 5003 matches

by Bick
Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:04 pm
Forum: Immigration
Topic: Illegal immigration: wrong then, wrong now
Replies: 512
Views: 11657

Re: Illegal immigration: wrong then, wrong now

593795 We should certainly place importance on results, but they are after the fact. When we choose which candidates to vote for we rarely have a lot of applicable results to consider...and with our last two presidents we had almost none . Therefore, we often have to make our voting choices based o...
by Bick
Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:57 pm
Forum: Immigration
Topic: Illegal immigration: wrong then, wrong now
Replies: 512
Views: 11657

Re: Illegal immigration: wrong then, wrong now

593783 Amen to that. I noticed how you left out the part of him continuing down the course of border security set by his predecessor. Crayegg - this is an example of how certain posters are more interested in showing Trump in a bad light than they are actually fixing the problem. With the former, y...
by Bick
Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:45 pm
Forum: Immigration
Topic: Illegal immigration: wrong then, wrong now
Replies: 512
Views: 11657

Re: Illegal immigration: wrong then, wrong now

Professor Fate wrote: Then compromise on the wall. Trump has already done so three times.
Prof - I disagree with you and POTUS on this. I think it's bad faith negotiating, using innocent 3rd parties as chattel.
by Bick
Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:40 pm
Forum: Immigration
Topic: Illegal immigration: wrong then, wrong now
Replies: 512
Views: 11657

Re: Illegal immigration: wrong then, wrong now

Crayegg - As a practical matter, I don't think trust has much to do with modern day leadership in politics. Maybe that's actually a good thing. Shouldn't we focus more on results, and less on promises anyway? Imagine looking through the lens of the impacts of what was accomplished instead of the one...
by Bick
Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:18 pm
Forum: High School
Topic: 2019 Sunset D2/D3
Replies: 54
Views: 4141

Re: 2019 Sunset D2/D3

Copied from another thread, here's what I've got for the D2 teams this coming season ranked by the formula used in 2018 rankings, adjusted by dropping 2016, and adding 2018 results: Rancho Verde 110.05 Norco 109.94 Notre Dame/SO 109.83 Valencia/Valencia 109.64 Alemany 108.20 Calabasas 107.27 Tesoro ...
by Bick
Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:43 pm
Forum: High School
Topic: 2019 Sunset D2/D3
Replies: 54
Views: 4141

Re: 2019 Sunset D2/D3

Hopefully CIF will amend the rules so as not to allow something like that to happen in the future. Seems the home team should have discretion over the time and venue, given they are charged with the responsibility of securing a CIF approved venue in the first place.
by Bick
Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:27 pm
Forum: Immigration
Topic: Illegal immigration: wrong then, wrong now
Replies: 512
Views: 11657

Re: Illegal immigration: wrong then, wrong now

593772 I guess low quality, high volume is his business model for untruths. Why do you support this guy again? Red Crap and Blue crap is still crap. Debating which has a lighter shade or has more fragrance isn't really interesting to me. Despite not voting for him, I support him because he's the pr...
by Bick
Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:33 am
Forum: High School
Topic: 2019 Sunset D2/D3
Replies: 54
Views: 4141

2019 Sunset D2/D3

Back for another year...looking at beating General Hospital for the longest running saga. As for the Sunset, pretty sure the now usual suspects of CDM, Edison and Los Al will make up the top 3. I'll go with FV at the bottom, HB just above, and Newport making the move out of the cellar to #4. The top...
by Bick
Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:57 am
Forum: High School
Topic: 2018 Sunset League/DII/DIII
Replies: 1244
Views: 61395

Re: 2018 Sunset League/DII/DIII

This started off about 12 years ago as the Empire league thread mainly because I thought it would be a good place for the non-Trinity guys to be able to chat without getting hi-jacked into the Servite / MD stuff. At the time, I was at Cypress, and there were other guys who joined in the conversation...
by Bick
Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:20 am
Forum: Immigration
Topic: Illegal immigration: wrong then, wrong now
Replies: 512
Views: 11657

Re: Illegal immigration: wrong then, wrong now

Omar Bongo wrote: And don't tell me all politicians lie like this, because they don't.
You nailed this. He's not a very good liar at all. He's clearly the most inarticulate liar in the history of politics.
by Bick
Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:14 am
Forum: High School
Topic: 2018 Sunset League/DII/DIII
Replies: 1244
Views: 61395

Re: 2018 Sunset League/DII/DIII

SK80 wrote: Since we got a call out to BICK to officially start a new SUNSET LEAGUE thread, one that may include D2/D3 again
Feel free to start a thread. No copyrights infringement.
by Bick
Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:14 am
Forum: National
Topic: Why the gun industry doesn't like Republicans
Replies: 1853
Views: 31027

Re: Why the gun industry doesn't like Republicans

593709 Care to try again, or did your argument about a "standard for weapons allowable for citizens" just go poof? No, and no, it wasn't my argument to begin with. I don't recall where I read it, but I believe it was the rationale used in the NFA and/or Miller to justify the regulation of machine g...
by Bick
Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:05 pm
Forum: Immigration
Topic: Illegal immigration: wrong then, wrong now
Replies: 512
Views: 11657

Re: Illegal immigration: wrong then, wrong now

593700 My comment to MDDAD expressed my skepticism that a non-politician would attempt to split that hair so finely as to draw a distinction between the Mexico-funded WALL proposal being completely ineffective but not at all unrealistic. My guess is, the only other person who would even try is one ...
by Bick
Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:01 pm
Forum: National
Topic: Why the gun industry doesn't like Republicans
Replies: 1853
Views: 31027

Re: Why the gun industry doesn't like Republicans

Omar Bongo wrote: Doesn't the military use handguns?
Can you go 15 minutes without posting something obtuse?
by Bick
Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:59 pm
Forum: National
Topic: Why the gun industry doesn't like Republicans
Replies: 1853
Views: 31027

Re: Why the gun industry doesn't like Republicans

593687 That's what I tell the folks who complain about the way CA is governed. None of them have left. I guess the census bureau got it all wrong then. California is facing a bigger issue than its tussle with the Federal government over sanctuary cities. According to a November report from the U.S ...
by Bick
Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:54 pm
Forum: National
Topic: Why the gun industry doesn't like Republicans
Replies: 1853
Views: 31027

Re: Why the gun industry doesn't like Republicans

593670 So you believe machine guns and sawed-off shotguns should be street legal as well? If not, why not? Not sure how you drew that inference, but no. If you're asking seriously, I think the standard for weapons allowable for citizens is along the lines of not commonly used by the military, like ...
by Bick
Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:21 pm
Forum: Immigration
Topic: Illegal immigration: wrong then, wrong now
Replies: 512
Views: 11657

Re: Illegal immigration: wrong then, wrong now

Omar Bongo wrote: If you're not already a politician, you missed your calling
If you're not already a troll, you've missed yours.
by Bick
Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:10 pm
Forum: National
Topic: Why the gun industry doesn't like Republicans
Replies: 1853
Views: 31027

Re: Why the gun industry doesn't like Republicans

Those 9 good folks who work at 1 First St. N.E. in DC have helped with that 3 times now in the past 10 years. Citizens of THIS country are bound by their findings whether we like it or not...just as many of us who disagreed with the idea that we could be forced to buy health insurance a few years ba...
by Bick
Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:12 pm
Forum: National
Topic: Why the gun industry doesn't like Republicans
Replies: 1853
Views: 31027

Re: Why the gun industry doesn't like Republicans

593642 The problem with the Heller decision is that the minority took the amendment's historical context into account but the majority ignored it, which means the stinkin' Liberals were the "originalists" in this case. Sounds to me like a case could be made to make an exception to Heller, if not to...
by Bick
Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:05 pm
Forum: National
Topic: Why the gun industry doesn't like Republicans
Replies: 1853
Views: 31027

Re: Why the gun industry doesn't like Republicans

593644 Well, given that the Europeans are happier, more well-educated, and live longer than we do, perhaps I can be forgiven for thinking that their policies are worth looking at. Whatever we're doing, we're doing it wrong; because we're shooting each other with alarming frequency. I've got no issu...