Search found 9175 matches

by Omar Bongo
Thu May 09, 2013 3:10 pm
Forum: The Off Topic Forum
Topic: A nation of wimps
Replies: 86
Views: 2070

Re: A nation of wimps

MDDad wrote:Several people confessed that the reason they coddled their kids rather than letting them "take their lumps" was out of fear that nosy neighbors would call social services if they didn't.
What a load...this dwarfs Bandini Mountain.
by Omar Bongo
Wed May 01, 2013 3:35 pm
Forum: National
Topic: Bill O’Reilly’s Divorce Is So Ugly, God Got Involved
Replies: 125
Views: 1692

Re: Bill O’Reilly’s Divorce Is So Ugly, God Got Involved

SLK230 wrote:Until the child reaches 18 it is about the parents in doing what they feel is right for the child. They are the parents not the government.
Yet regarding this pill as well as abortion, you are calling for government intervention. Go figure.
by Omar Bongo
Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:35 pm
Forum: National
Topic: Bill O’Reilly’s Divorce Is So Ugly, God Got Involved
Replies: 125
Views: 1692

Re: Bill O’Reilly’s Divorce Is So Ugly, God Got Involved

=D>

This is wonderful news for all those troubled by the number of abortions in this country, right?
by Omar Bongo
Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:25 pm
Forum: The Economy
Topic: Everything you know about austerity is wrong
Replies: 177
Views: 3613

Re: Everything you know about austerity is wrong

Luca, It's really not worth going on and on about this, I don't think either of us is going to change the other's mind. Let me repeat my view one last time: I'm not implying, as you say, that I have a better solution, because that's a value judgement based on multiple factors including the identity ...
by Omar Bongo
Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:50 pm
Forum: The Economy
Topic: Everything you know about austerity is wrong
Replies: 177
Views: 3613

Re: Everything you know about austerity is wrong

Troglodyte wrote: OK, Omar..72Million..LINK
All vowed to fight to the last person for the emperor
That make you feel better. Still far more than 200K..
Good, for you Trog, I knew you could do it. Now explain this to me - if we did wipe out the entire Japanese population, who would sign the articles of surrender?
by Omar Bongo
Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:46 pm
Forum: The Economy
Topic: Everything you know about austerity is wrong
Replies: 177
Views: 3613

Re: Everything you know about austerity is wrong

You believe that the bombs were dropped not to end the war, but merely "because we could"? Ending the war and minimizing the ultimate number of casualties was not the goal? Harry Truman just wanted to kill a couple hundred thousand Japanese because he could? No, of course not. What in the world wou...
by Omar Bongo
Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:34 pm
Forum: National
Topic: Sebelius Tries To Blame GOP For Coming Obamacare Failures
Replies: 140
Views: 1552

Re: Sebelius Tries To Blame GOP For Coming Obamacare Failure

What's wrong with using test scores to find out if the kids are really getting the subjects, and if the teaching methods, and teachers, are effective in getting the material across?? Because that's not necessarily what tests measure. People with little knowledge about education usually see testing ...
by Omar Bongo
Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:55 pm
Forum: National
Topic: Sebelius Tries To Blame GOP For Coming Obamacare Failures
Replies: 140
Views: 1552

Re: Sebelius Tries To Blame GOP For Coming Obamacare Failure

Hooked on Phonics has proven to be very little more than expensive toys for kids. $200 for each kid with limited usefulness seems a bit expensive, don't you think? I thought you were against all the heavy duty spending on education? Sylvan method is great for individual tutoring; not for classes of...
by Omar Bongo
Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:44 pm
Forum: The Economy
Topic: Everything you know about austerity is wrong
Replies: 177
Views: 3613

Re: Everything you know about austerity is wrong

Vilepagan wrote:Of course there were other options that were rejected for political reasons, and since they were rejected we will never know what the outcome would have been if they were not.
=D>
by Omar Bongo
Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:40 pm
Forum: The Economy
Topic: Everything you know about austerity is wrong
Replies: 177
Views: 3613

Re: Everything you know about austerity is wrong

Hundreds of thousands of people were going to die no matter what Harry Truman decided. Ultimately he opted to order the deaths of 200,000 Japanese in order to avoid the deaths of unknown hundreds of thousands of Americans/British and likely in excess of 1 million Japanese. You tell me what was more...
by Omar Bongo
Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:11 pm
Forum: The Economy
Topic: Everything you know about austerity is wrong
Replies: 177
Views: 3613

Re: Everything you know about austerity is wrong

Come on, Omar.. What was easiest for US was also easiest for Japan.. 200,000 civilians dead and two cities destroyed and ending the war within a week, was a lot better than 100million enemy and civilians dead plus a million American lives, and an entire country destroyed taking a couple of years to...
by Omar Bongo
Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:21 am
Forum: National
Topic: About the Obamacare Train Wreck
Replies: 38
Views: 456

Re: About the Obamacare Train Wreck

In your entire lengthy response to Luca, those seven words are perhaps the most telling. It is always both problematic and fascinating to me that so many members of the liberal camp not only don't know what their programs will cost, but more importantly don't really seem to care. Yeah, it's just a ...
by Omar Bongo
Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:20 am
Forum: National
Topic: Boston Marathon explosions
Replies: 133
Views: 2053

Re: Boston Marathon explosions

Image
by Omar Bongo
Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:18 am
Forum: National
Topic: About the Obamacare Train Wreck
Replies: 38
Views: 456

Re: About the Obamacare Train Wreck

Hyperbolic transportation metaphors aside, you characterize the passing of legislation with majority support as "against widespread opposition"? You could say that about every bill.. That is inaccurate. The bill was passed in the House without a single Republican voting for it, 219-212. In the Sena...
by Omar Bongo
Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:21 am
Forum: The Economy
Topic: Everything you know about austerity is wrong
Replies: 177
Views: 3613

Re: Everything you know about austerity is wrong

A midrange estimate is that 200,000 people died in the bombings. In the previous two months in the Battle of Okinawa alone, 250,000 people died. You draw no distinction between military and civilian casualties, is that immaterial to your argument? Is it also immaterial whether it was us or the Japa...
by Omar Bongo
Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:30 pm
Forum: The Economy
Topic: Everything you know about austerity is wrong
Replies: 177
Views: 3613

Re: Everything you know about austerity is wrong

Troglodyte wrote:Big difference..Truman balanced which way would do the least harm to both American lives and Japanese lives and end the war.
Hogwash. He was thinking solely about what was easiest for us.
by Omar Bongo
Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:50 pm
Forum: National
Topic: About the Obamacare Train Wreck
Replies: 38
Views: 456

Re: About the Obamacare Train Wreck

I have no ghostwriter. I whipped you on this debate and you accuse me of having a ghostwriter. Another liberal ploy. Your prez is a destroyer of what's good and decent in America. Play your fiddle. The only debate you've ever been involved with is the one on the end of dehook when you go fishing. R...
by Omar Bongo
Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:45 pm
Forum: National
Topic: About the Obamacare Train Wreck
Replies: 38
Views: 456

Re: About the Obamacare Train Wreck

The issue under consideration is not whether it is appropriate for legislation to be "rammed through" or to be enacted if unpopular. Then why did you include both of those criticisms in your post? The issue is, that being the case, it is nonsense for anyone to claim that when it does become clear t...
by Omar Bongo
Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:55 pm
Forum: National
Topic: About the Obamacare Train Wreck
Replies: 38
Views: 456

Re: About the Obamacare Train Wreck

His ghost writer is trying hard...but there is only one Red.
by Omar Bongo
Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:20 pm
Forum: National
Topic: Boston Marathon explosions
Replies: 133
Views: 2053

Re: Boston Marathon explosions

Kinda like that kid in Colorado amassing an unusually large amount of ammo on the internet, should have lit up someone's bulb. You need to apologize to the founding fathers. Now. Besides the fact that this attitude reeks of freedom-hating, socialist/commie-mommie-state wimpery, the NRA makes a lot ...