Hello from newbie

Try the board out and experiment here
DavG

Hello from newbie

Post by DavG »

Hello! I am new here, found this forum through Google. I am 28 years old, I have been working out for three years, getting back in shape, and trying to fix my back problems. It's nice to be here, I want to find motivation and share my experience.
Fordama

Re: Hello from newbie

Post by Fordama »

Good luck with the back. Unfortunately it is something you'll always have to take care of.

I first hurt my playing football when a guy speared me right in the lower back. Bothered me on and off for years. Then, at 39, I hurt it something good. I was determined that I would still be able to dunk at age 40. Turns out, that was a bad idea. Did physical therapy, and I work out regularly to make sure it doesn't
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK
ShiftyMutt

Post by ShiftyMutt »

Hi, DavG, welcome!
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

Funny you should mention backs. My brother and I found out from our doctors that somewhere along the line we'd both actually broken our backs, me once him twice. Most likely compression fractures but neither of us has any idea when we did it. --:--

The disks I crushed a few years ago is the bigger problem. Makes me even more useless than normal when they flare up.
Don't look at me, I just work here.
ShiftyMutt

Post by ShiftyMutt »

I had a shattered disk removed when I was 26. Have thrown my back out a few times since over the years but nothing I couldn’t recover from *after a week in bed in sheer pain*. Magnesium, baby. :thumbsup: