the natural food chain is kind of out of balance

Try the board out and experiment here
dans92647

the natural food chain is kind of out of balance

Postby dans92647 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:49 pm

hi everyone, i am brand new on here , i am married and have lived in huntington beach for over thirty years. i am kind of the casual type, but a former marine and vietnam combat veteran. anyway, i just wanted to say a little something about the wild animal issues that have trespassed into orange county since the large flood seasons of more than five years or maybe even tewn years ago. i am speaking about the coyotes that followed the santa ana river down from the big bear area and now we are all stuck with them, they are killing out small cats and dogs and now a rodent problem has boomed in huntington beach,i for one declare that the massive building projects have to stop until all of orange county is cleared of all coyotes, either change the laws and allow decent people to shoot at them with a small calibr size, set bear traps with baits in them or get tough on our ploce to get busy with those shot guns. i included a friend of mine in vietnam, a marine sergeant holding his navy built bear trap, it included a frame jig with long screws to safely open it and a file to file down the teeth to a razor sharpness, afterall, everyone wants to see some dead coyotes
Attachments
DSC_0065.JPG
bear trap

Fordama

Re: the natural food chain is kind of out of balance

Postby Fordama » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:05 am

People should get real dogs. Problem solved.

This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

Troglodyte

Postby Troglodyte » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:20 am

Welcome to OC Connects... Your post would be an interesting topic in the Orange county thread.
A few of my thoughts on the subject;
It is not the coyotes who are trespassing on our land. quite the opposite.
Coyotes normally feed on rodents and other small animals. A well fed thoroughly domesticated
yapper crapper and their left out food is much easier prey..
IO agree we should stop development in Southern California. Not so much for the coyotes, but
Because we live essentualy in a desert, and the current water crisis doesn't need more water usage.
I don't suffer from any mental illnesses.. I enjoy them..

Scott

Postby Scott » Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:17 am

Interesting. I'm not in favor of killing the coyotes. I would rather see them sedated and then relocated.

Parrotpaul

Postby Parrotpaul » Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:57 am

You would probably have about the same success rate relocating roof rats. They're both here to stay.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

Return to “Introduce Yourself/Test”