dave

averagejoe2

Re: Hello

Post by averagejoe2 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:57 am

\:D/

AsIfYouKnew

Post by AsIfYouKnew » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:06 am

Heh heh heh. Just when you though it was safe to post BS again.
When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.
Jonathan Swift

http://www.civilityinamerica.org/en/index.html

GOODave

Re:

Post by GOODave » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:05 am

Datsun 510 wrote:Hello everyone..nice looking website. :mrgreen:
ANYONE know what has become of RiverVanMan (or "Datsun 510")?

He seems to have slipped off the face of the earth, of late.

V-Man? YOU OUT THERE?
is this thing on?

Parrotpaul

Re: Re:

Post by Parrotpaul » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:31 am

Yeah...I asked the same thing on the other board..I haven't seen RVM for a LOOONNNGGG time. I hope he's OK...same with D-510.

Show your faces, boys. We miss you.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

Logic.in.LN

Re:

Post by Logic.in.LN » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:09 pm

GOODave wrote:Hello, One.

Of what are you skeptical?
So Dave, are you the unofficial welcome wagon or are you just trying to catch up to PPaul's post count.
:lol:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former”
– Albert Einstein

Government - If you think the problems we create are bad, jut wait until you see our solutions.

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:33 pm

Logic.in.LN wrote: So Dave, are you the unofficial welcome wagon or are you just trying to catch up to PPaul's post count.
Ouch!!!! Now that stung.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

GOODave

Post by GOODave » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:58 am

Logic.in.LN wrote: So Dave, are you the unofficial welcome wagon or are you just trying to catch up to PPaul's post count.
Now DON'T go thinking I'm trying to boost my post count, but you asked...

NO one can catch Paul. At almost 300 posts, he's in the rarified air. Kind of like the OCiR of OCConnect.

He's an untouchable.

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:01 am

GOODave wrote: Now DON'T go thinking I'm trying to boost my post count, but you asked...

NO one can catch Paul. At almost 300 posts, he's in the rarified air. Kind of like the OCiR of OCConnect.

He's an untouchable.

Just call me Elliot Ness.

not4u13

Post by not4u13 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:51 am

So who is this Hanna who posts all these articles all over the board that apparently nobody reads anyway?
Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out that going to the mountain is going home; that wildness is necessity; John Muir
http://www.quotesdaddy.com

GOODave

Post by GOODave » Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:01 am

GOODave wrote: Now DON'T go thinking I'm trying to boost my post count, but you asked...

He's an untouchable.

Parrotpaul wrote:Just call me Elliot Ness.
What ... 're ye prepared ta do, NOW. -Jimmy Malone

GOODave

Post by GOODave » Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:04 am

not4u13 wrote:So who is this Hanna who posts all these articles all over the board that apparently nobody reads anyway?
Hanna's been around since John invented OC Connect. She was very active and apparently a very good arguer back when the El Toro extension to the OC Airport was a hot-button issue. She apparently spends a lot of time reading national media because she posts a lot of stuff (from a variety of sources).

Paul knows her, I think, because he was also very vocal about the plan to turn El Toro into an extension of SNA.

I read a lot of what Hanna posts, but I do not always respond to it.

BTW, this is you, isn't it B-Dad?

dave

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:55 am

GOODave wrote:Hanna's been around since John invented OC Connect. She was very active and apparently a very good arguer back when the El Toro extension to the OC Airport was a hot-button issue. She apparently spends a lot of time reading national media because she posts a lot of stuff (from a variety of sources).

Paul knows her, I think, because he was also very vocal about the plan to turn El Toro into an extension of SNA.
Yup. Among other things, she was a founding member of the El Toro Chronicles (her husband came up with the name) and she worked with Len Kranser and (sometimes) Paul and others on the El Toro Info Site. Many of her aviation-related posts are done as an archive of news stories for the Info Site, since Len killed his board a few years ago due to spammers.

Lately, she seems to have enrolled in some sort of 12-step program to learn to tolerate conservatives. She didn't have much patience with them before. Matter of fact, for that reason and despite being a founder of the Chronicles, she holds the distinction of being the only non-spammer I ever banned. But that was a long time ago.

Hanna

Post by Hanna » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:29 am

JQP quote: "Lately, she seems to have enrolled in some sort of 12-step program to learn to tolerate conservatives. She didn't have much patience with them before. Matter of fact, for that reason and despite being a founder of the Chronicles, she holds the distinction of being the only non-spammer I ever banned. But that was a long time ago."

No, I have not seen many rabid conservatives posts here; or, perhaps, I do not spend much time on this board that appears to be tilting toward high school in general and high school sports in particular - two topics that bore me to death.

That you tried to ban me - and created a pathetic cadre of followers who just copied what i posted on the El Toro board, including attacks at them - just showed how biased you were, perhaps still are.

But then, of course, you no longer see posts describing the Democratic party as the "party of corruption." You don't see many Republicans still talking about "small government" or about "family values." Hello, Mark Foley, Larry Craig, Newt Gingrich, anyone?

On the other hand, perhaps this is a good time to finally say good bye. Since I am no longer the sole poster.

GOODave

Post by GOODave » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:04 am

Hanna wrote:On the other hand, perhaps this is a good time to finally say good bye. Since I am no longer the sole poster.
Don't go ... all the plants are gonna die... :oops:

Seriously, though, Hanna: You shouldn't let the HS Sports gang drive you out. You don't see much in the way of traditional conservatives posting in here because most of them have moved over to neo-conservativism (which is much closer to liberal, for my tastes): True conservatives recognize that exemplars like Larry Craig (et al) are aberations and not systemic. Even Bush has surrounded himself with (Cheney, Rumsfield, etc.) neo-cons which, I suppose, makes him one too.

They're splintering the GOP at a time when formerly labelled "Liberals" are just moving to the label "progressive" without really changing their positions on any of the major issues.

dave

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:32 am

Hanna wrote:No, I have not seen many rabid conservatives posts here; or, perhaps, I do not spend much time on this board that appears to be tilting toward high school in general and high school sports in particular - two topics that bore me to death.

That you tried to ban me - and created a pathetic cadre of followers who just copied what i posted on the El Toro board, including attacks at them - just showed how biased you were, perhaps still are.

But then, of course, you no longer see posts describing the Democratic party as the "party of corruption." You don't see many Republicans still talking about "small government" or about "family values." Hello, Mark Foley, Larry Craig, Newt Gingrich, anyone?
Ah! That's the Hanna we all know and love!

Hanna, I'd like you to meet Rambo. Rambo, Hanna.
Hanna wrote:On the other hand, perhaps this is a good time to finally say good bye. Since I am no longer the sole poster.
Your call. But the non-high school people would miss you.