Hello

Try the board out and experiment here
AsIfYouKnew

Re: Hello

Post by AsIfYouKnew » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:38 am

Foggy wrote:
We're involved in an amazing organization that I never heard of during the 18 years I lived in SoCal ... the Y-Guides and Princesses, a YMCA program that's sort of an alternative to Scouting. It's a HUGE thing in Raleigh, more than 12,000 people in it, and it would take too long to tell y'all about all the great things we've done in the program.
I know lots of people involved in this org in SoCal. However, it is a totally different flavor than scouting. One huge difference is the allowance of alcohol on camping trips. BSA has a very strict rule against any alcohol.
When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.
Jonathan Swift

http://www.civilityinamerica.org/en/index.html

GOODave

Post by GOODave » Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:28 pm

Foggy wrote:

We're involved in an amazing organization that I never heard of during the 18 years I lived in SoCal ... the Y-Guides and Princesses, a YMCA program that's sort of an alternative to Scouting. It's a HUGE thing in Raleigh, more than 12,000 people in it, and it would take too long to tell y'all about all the great things we've done in the program.
I recall you also posted a photo of at least you and your older boy (maybe your younger one, too, I don't recall him though) at a "Guides" event: In the photo, you were wearing bib overalls as I remember it.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:53 pm

AsIfYouKnew wrote:One huge difference is the allowance of alcohol on camping trips. BSA has a very strict rule against any alcohol.
There's a very strict rule against alcohol in Y-Guides, at least here. I better not tell anyone here about them allowing alcohol in SoCal ... they got enough prejudices against Californicators as it is!
GOODave wrote:... you were wearing bib overalls as I remember it.
Heck, I got to fit in with the locals, yesno?
I ride tandem with the random.

AsIfYouKnew

Post by AsIfYouKnew » Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:06 pm

Foggy wrote:There's a very strict rule against alcohol in Y-Guides, at least here. I better not tell anyone here about them allowing alcohol in SoCal ... they got enough prejudices against Californicators as it is!
I can tell you for a fact there are no such rules here. I have been on campouts with Scouts and we were kept up pretty late by the guides and indian princess parents cavorting to the wee hours of the night.
When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.
Jonathan Swift

http://www.civilityinamerica.org/en/index.html

Dutchie

Post by Dutchie » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:29 pm

Dutchie reporting for duty. :D It's very nice to be here.

Francine

Post by Francine » Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:13 pm

Where's all the white boys at? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

GOODave

Post by GOODave » Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:55 am

NPbrick wrote:Hello my name is Rick and I go by Brick. I really exist and live on the eastside one mile from max theriot. I see max everyday and we have a side business together. Our sons played since kids. I am a poster and was banned on the last board for no reason. I exist and I post here a great deal. I am real. I crap just like everyone else and the dweebs that say I dont exist can come and clean my rear after a big one. I am a fan of the tars big and work independently with max on many garage type projects in sports. my favorite thing to do is football, trading cards, and doing everything with my grown kids.
Jeez, Rick, someone put a burr under your saddle?

Racing around the community telling everyone you really are? WHO CARES if people don't think you exist? Lighten up ... put your feet up ... toss back a cool one ... watch a game.

Life's too short to bother with the unimportant stuff.

GOODave

Post by GOODave » Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:19 am

GOODave wrote: Jeez, Rick, someone put a burr under your saddle?

Racing around the community telling everyone you really are? WHO CARES if people don't think you exist? Lighten up ... put your feet up ... toss back a cool one ... watch a game.

Life's too short to bother with the unimportant stuff.
NPbrick wrote:Dave. I knew you would come and pee on the bush. I just won 20 bucks off max on this. Man you are predictable. And it was important enough for you to come and lick my thighs.

Perfect. You beat the clock and I got 20.
No you didn't, Holmes. Max is way too proud (and probably smart) to take a sucker's bet like that from you. If anything, it probably worked the reverse of what you're claiming.

Actually, in this one event, you should probably stop giving yourself a visual colonoscopy and actually read what I wrote: What I told you was FAR from criticizing you as you seem to think I did. You've been racing around the community yelling at Hurl and anyone else about people saying you don't exist. YOU KNOW you exist ... so what does it matter what anyone else thinks.

Use that $20 to buy a pizza, put your feet up and enjoy the good life. If Max is silly enough to take a bet like that with you, this won't be the last time. :-s

4Aces

Post by 4Aces » Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:45 pm

I finally made the switch. Sasha and Brooke drove me out.

GOODave

Post by GOODave » Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:07 pm

4Aces wrote:I finally made the switch. Sasha and Brooke drove me out.
Bev's here too, Aces.

Sorry! Don't think Sasha's made it over yet, though. :-$

Jan

Post by Jan » Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:23 am

Hi! I'm Jan and I live in South County. :D

crayegg
Oversight Committee

Post by crayegg » Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:11 am

Hey Jan, welcome aboard!

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:04 am

Jan wrote:Hi! I'm Jan and I live in South County. :D
Hi, Jan...is that a male or a female name?
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

Jan

Post by Jan » Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:52 am

Parrotpaul wrote: Hi, Jan...is that a male or a female name?

Female. Hard to tell nowdays, huh!

oceanvue

Post by oceanvue » Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:10 am

Jan wrote:

Female. Hard to tell nowdays, huh!

not if you check in the right places

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:19 am

Parrotpaul wrote: Hi, Jan...is that a male or a female name?
Jan wrote:Female. Hard to tell nowdays, huh!
Yeah....especially if someone is Dutch.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

Notorious

Post by Notorious » Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:31 am

Whichever mod deleted my post, just so you know, I regret nothing.
Never Underestimate The Fart Of A Monarch

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:36 am

Notorious wrote:Whichever mod deleted my post, just so you know, I regret nothing.
I'm sure all the mods are moved at your revelation...I know I am. What a guy.