Big-business groups want more guest-worker visas

Tommy Tar

Big-business groups want more guest-worker visas

Post by Tommy Tar »

After White House officials reportedly met with big-business groups, President Barack Obama is considering executive actions that will give them more guest-worker visas in the high-tech and low-skilled.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government ... rker-Visas

This may come on top of Obama's potential grants of amnesty and work permits to millions of illegal immigrants in the country. While outside groups are urging Obama to "go big," Senate Democrats have expressed some concerns of late, as poll numbers have shown that executive amnesty may cost them control of the Senate. The White House is reportedly reaching out to big-business groups on guest-worker visas so they can give Obama air cover on his potential executive amnesty.

According to a Politico report, senior White House aides earlier this month met with "more than a dozen business groups and company officials to discuss potential immigration policy changes they could make." According to the outlet, "Oracle, Cisco, Fwd.US, Microsoft, Accenture, Compete America, and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce" were represented at the meeting.

Facebook co-founder Mark Zuckerberg's FWD.us has poured in millions of dollars to Democrats and Republicans to push for amnesty legislation, specifically an increase in the number of their coveted high-tech guest-worker visas. Cisco recently slashed another 6,000 jobs after pushing for amnesty legislation. Microsoft announced it would lay off 18,000 American workers a week after its former CEO Bill Gates called for an unlimited number of certain guest-worker visas in a New York Times op-ed. And the Chamber of Commerce has vowed to spend $50 million for amnesty legislation and more guest-worker visas. <snip>

:thumbsdown:
President Elect Tommy Tar.
Brooke

Re: Big-business groups want more guest-worker visas

Post by Brooke »

This just goes to show how conniving politicians are and how little credit they give Americans for having the brains to see what they are up to. Perhaps the recent election had a sobering effect on politicians who sell out American workers.

Everyone but Obama that is. He seems to be in denial about what the election meant for his term in office.
Who in their right mind uses a welcome sign to mean people who would come into their home uninvited, paid by their neighbors who are using their illegal labor, overrun the neighborhood, and refuse to leave?
Reconquista Primero

Post by Reconquista Primero »

Does this mean he won't get elected again? :roll:
Worst choices for president in my 35 + years of voting.
Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul »

I dare anyone to go to the Breitbart story and click the highlighted links in the story...try it. Except for the Politico story, they all link to other Breitbart stories quoting more Breitbart stories. :mrgreen:
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

Tommy Tar wrote:Facebook co-founder Mark Zuckerberg's FWD.us has poured in millions of dollars to Democrats and Republicans to push for amnesty legislation, specifically an increase in the number of their coveted high-tech guest-worker visas.

~snip~

And the Chamber of Commerce has vowed to spend $50 million for amnesty legislation and more guest-worker visas.
But it's Obama's fault.

Breitbart really needs to look up the definition of "amnesty." Reagan gave amnesty. Obama's just looking the other way for a couple years.
Don't look at me, I just work here.
Troglodyte

Post by Troglodyte »

What exactly went on in the meetings?? We have only seen Obama's reactions to them..
Big business wants an educated trainable work force. Something in short supply nationally..
They don't want a bunch of illiterate rural farmers and drug mules who can't even speak the language..
We have more than enough of them right here...
I don't suffer from any mental illnesses.. I enjoy them..
Brooke

Post by Brooke »

John I find it surprising that you have no criticism for Obama and those entities that favor amnesty and the importation of foreign workers. You have posted that you are concerned about American workers yet you seem to support those who are willing to spend millions of dollars to give their jobs to cheap foreign workers and ruin the quality of their lives and the stability and very fabric of our country. Can you please explain because I really don't get it?
Who in their right mind uses a welcome sign to mean people who would come into their home uninvited, paid by their neighbors who are using their illegal labor, overrun the neighborhood, and refuse to leave?