Obama Extends Chinese Short Term Visas top 10 Years!

Brooke

Obama Extends Chinese Short Term Visas top 10 Years!

Post by Brooke »

Here is another jaw-dropping action taken by President Obama. How many reasons can you think of as to why this is insane?

Obama Extends Chinese Short Term Visas to 10 Years

Last Monday, President Obama signed a deal with the Chinese government under which the U.S. and China have agreed to extend the duration of business, tourism, and student visas issued to each other's citizens.

Until now, visas issued to Chinese nationals expire after a year. Under the President's agreement, the State Department will issue 10-year business and tourist visas, and five-year student visas to Chinese nationals. Ten years is the longest amount of time a visa may be valid under U.S. law.
http://www.fairus.org/legislative-updat ... -18-2014#3
Who in their right mind uses a welcome sign to mean people who would come into their home uninvited, paid by their neighbors who are using their illegal labor, overrun the neighborhood, and refuse to leave?
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Re: Obama Extends Chinese Short Term Visas top 10 Years!

Post by John Q. Public »

I imagine my neighbors and their employees are happy.
Don't look at me, I just work here.
Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo »

It's a recent trend in many countries around the world, not just the US. For business visitors and tourists the visa is valid for multiple visits of up to six months each for up to ten years...making it easier for the people with money to spend it here. Oh, btw, it works the other way around, too. US citizens receive the same benefits from China.

Xenophobes, take a pill.
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump
Brooke

Post by Brooke »

Do you think it's a wise move as an American citizen John? Do you approve?

I can see big problems with this, do you?
Who in their right mind uses a welcome sign to mean people who would come into their home uninvited, paid by their neighbors who are using their illegal labor, overrun the neighborhood, and refuse to leave?
Brooke

Post by Brooke »

* China is notorious for not keeping its word on agreements. Do some research Omar and stop using racism as your go-to-excuse for nearly everything.

* Money isn't everything.

* China is not our ally and not much can be said about them that is nice.

* Why Obama continues to pander to our enemies is pathetic. He seems to think he is in a popularity contest. So far, it's a miserable failure.
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

Well, considering our local economy pretty much runs on Chinese immigrants, yeah, I guess I'm ok with it. It would be a shame to see all the local mansions go vacant. I bet the Mercedes dealers would miss them, too.
Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo »

He's either an anti-capitalist small business-hating job-killer or he's signing away our sovereignty . He can't win.
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump
Brooke

Post by Brooke »

John, I don't see your response as serious. You seem to want to raise the standards of political debate, but you aren't cooperating.
Troglodyte

Post by Troglodyte »

Have you heard of the EB-5 green card program. John?? The Chinese sure have.. LINK
Invest at least $500K in a business, or buy a house, hired at least 10 employees (nationality not specified) and get a green card.. Have you noticed how many servants and gardeners are working in those mansions, or in the Chinese buffets?? Most of the ones in the buffets can't even speak English...
The only Chinese with that kind of money are party leaders, high ranking bureaucrats and sweat shop owners..
Seattle and Portland are being swamped with the poorer Chinese sneaking across the border with Canadian documents. (They have a wide open immigration policy up there)
Oh WELL.. Amnesty for 5 million Hispanic illegals, what's a few more Asians...
I don't suffer from any mental illnesses.. I enjoy them..
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

I'm perfectly serious, Brooke. I'm pretty happy with my neighbors. Come on up to our little valley sometime. You'll know you're there when the traffic slows to 10 MPH under the speed limit. And the car that's holding everybody up cost as much as your house.
Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul »

Same here in the Village. Lots of Asians buying places, remodeling, and buying up all the golf carts in the area. They drive their golf carts as if they were 40 HP 1962 VW's....gas pedal fully depressed at all times....much different than their auto driving habits. I kid......well, not really. :)
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

The remodeling is the only thing that concerns me. It's common enough that it's to be expected, anymore. The place behind me (the one with the blenders and the Bougie From Hell) is in escrow and I'm worried that the new owners might decide to add a second story. They can expand out all they want but if they want to block my view, they'll have a fight on their hands.