President Obama Will Announce His Immigration Plan Tonight

Brooke

President Obama Will Announce His Immigration Plan Tonight

Post by Brooke »

Obama is expected to offer deportation relief for up to 5 million illegal aliens.

If Obama follows through I think we can expect outrage across the nation. Anyone here support Obama's actions?

BTW, I disapprove of Obama's actions, it's unconstitutional.

What shall we call him:

Emperor or King Obama?
Who in their right mind uses a welcome sign to mean people who would come into their home uninvited, paid by their neighbors who are using their illegal labor, overrun the neighborhood, and refuse to leave?
Wabash

Re: President Obama Will Announce His Immigration Plan Tonig

Post by Wabash »

I do. The correct answer is Mr. President.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Сделай Америку великой снова
afan95

Post by afan95 »

I'm actually laughing at this.

"You can come out of the shadows"
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Obama has obviously never been to Santa Ana and must have been closing his eyes every time he came to California.
It's my Board and I will censor you when I feel like it JQP
ShiftyMutt

Post by ShiftyMutt »

I support him. It's long overdue to get this reform. Now we'll have people step up and come clean and stronger border security.
Reconquista Primero

Post by Reconquista Primero »

I think that he needs to add an element of service for the children brought here at a young age. They either do some time in uniform or something like America Corps.
BrookeBJMacBevNoDoubt: Were all of Jorge Bush's executive actions unconstitutional? If not, please elucidate the differences for us.
Worst choices for president in my 35 + years of voting.
Troglodyte

Post by Troglodyte »

The regular news channels refused to air his speech.. too political they said.
The Spanish channels delayed their regular programming to cover it.. LINK

Sounds like Obama's welcome mat has been worn out.. Even by the liberal MSM...
I don't suffer from any mental illnesses.. I enjoy them..
Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo »

"I'm actually laughing at this."

Well, people often laugh when they're confused.

The point of the quote whooshed right over your head, didn't it?
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump
cruiser

Post by cruiser »

All the major networks refused to air the President's speech (CBS, NBC, ABC, FOX), sort of unheard of,
no?
ShiftyMutt

Post by ShiftyMutt »

I watched it on channel 7
ShiftyMutt

Post by ShiftyMutt »

Everyone will forget about it once the verdict of Ferguson is read.
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

Not really unusual, since it was only an announcement about a policy change and not a law, or a State of the Union address or a bombing or something. It was a fairly minor announcement, in the scheme of things.

Plus it's sweeps time and maybe the networks figured they could do better with Entertainment Tonight than they would with a 20% split on a news story. But notice that NBC went for the ratings grand slam on Univision with the announcement followed by the Latin Grammys. Huge numbers for them.
Don't look at me, I just work here.
Luca

Post by Luca »

Shifty Mut
Now we'll have people step up and come clean and stronger border security.
Why would you think border security will be any better now?

What is even the point of border security (or border, for that matter) when you've already decided to let unknown millions of aliens skate in?
JQP
Not really unusual..... It was a fairly minor announcement, in the scheme of things.
Uh huh. I believe you are too smart to think the rest of us are dumb enough to buy that.
JQP
But notice that NBC went for the ratings grand slam on Univision with the announcement followed by the Latin Grammys. Huge numbers for them.
Like totally bitchen'. I'll certainly rest easy tonight bolstered by that consolation............Luca
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

Sorry for the dose of reality. Capitalism, ya know.
Don't look at me, I just work here.
ShiftyMutt

Post by ShiftyMutt »

Because apparently he want's to have 20,000 more border agents and stronger enforcement.

I'd have to watch it again but the people that came over recently would be deported along with criminals. There is a criteria that has to be met, you have to have been here and established for 5 years, you need background checked, pay fines and taxes, get to back of the line, learn English.. I think what he said was reasonable.
He's not going to make everyone happy, it's impossible but I support what he's doing, he's waited long enough for congress.
Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul »

I'm fine with what he said and plans to do. Congress needs to get its dead asses in gear.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke
afan95

Post by afan95 »

Tell me who has been hiding in the shadows in Santa Ana or California, Omar?

Tell me how those kids who have college degrees (which I totally applaud and have great admiration for) have been hiding in the shadows? Maybe they can't get a job without a SSN but they aren't citizens.

As usual, Obama's rhetoric is to bring out the bleeding hearts instead of give us honesty and transparency.

http://news.yahoo.com/fact-check-obamas ... 11776.html

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama made some notable omissions in his remarks about the unilateral actions he's taking on immigration.

Related Stories

President Obama To Announce Immigration Steps Thursday CBS Dallas Fort Worth (RSS)
A look at his statements Thursday and how they compare with the facts:

Obama: "It does not grant citizenship, or the right to stay here permanently, or offer the same benefits that citizens receive. Only Congress can do that. All we're saying is we're not going to deport you."

THE FACTS: He's saying, and doing, more than that. The changes also will make those covered eligible for work permits, allowing them to be employed in the country legally and compete with citizens and legal residents for better-paying jobs.

He knew he couldn't say that because that's the part that makes the plan less palatable. But hey, we're stupid so it wouldn't matter anyway, right?
It's my Board and I will censor you when I feel like it JQP
Brooke

Post by Brooke »

For anyone who believes that Obama protects Americans by securing the border should read below and the rest of the article by clicking the link. I pay attention to what the Obama administration and members of Congress do and don't regarding immigration issues. It's disgusting and they treat Americans as if we are all gullible idiots who believe their litany of lies.
Lawsuit by Career ICE Attorney Exposes Obama Anti-Enforcement Campaign

November 11, 2014

Last week Patricia Vroom, an attorney with an exemplary 26-year career at ICE filed a lawsuit in the U.S. District Court of Arizona that depicts in shocking detail how a tightly-knit band of her superiors apparently bullied her and other career lawyers to force compliance with the Obama administration's immigration enforcement suppression scheme. In addition to describing a hostile work environment spoiled by sexual harassment, threats, insults, and other deplorable behavior of these top managers, Vroom's complaint provides alarming examples of how personnel were told to ignore the law and routinely release and dismiss charges on entire categories of criminal aliens, including certain convicted felons, drunk drivers, DACA applicants, and illegal juveniles from the border surge.

it reveals about the Obama administration's reckless disdain for immigration enforcement is especially troubling. It is the latest in a series of lawsuits that demonstrate a disturbing pattern of abuse of authority among favored and ideologically driven senior staff in DHS agencies.Vroom describes some specific examples of how the so-called prosecutorial discretion policies have been implemented, and of the effort to destroy professional integrity in ICE's legal division:
http://cis.org/vaughan/lawsuit-career-i ... t-campaign
Who in their right mind uses a welcome sign to mean people who would come into their home uninvited, paid by their neighbors who are using their illegal labor, overrun the neighborhood, and refuse to leave?
Reconquista Primero

Post by Reconquista Primero »

Brooke/Bev/BJMac/NoDoubt and some other screennames yuo probably used:
Your link to the cis hate site does not take us to an "article." Instead, it is an opinion piece (or "screed" if you would prefer).
You are welcome.
Worst choices for president in my 35 + years of voting.
Brooke

Post by Brooke »

Jonathan Turley is a constitutional law professor at Georgetown University who is a liberal. He has been called on by Congress to testify about Obama's overreach of powers and he is called upon by the media to analyze Obama's actions. He was also vocal about some of Bush's actions of overreach as president.

Some of his recent remarks are:

* "What I'm hearing certainly causes great concern that he will again violate the separation of powers," Turley said. "No president can take on the power of all three branches and that's what he seems to be doing. He certainly seems to be taking on legislative authority. He isn't particularly coy about this, you know he says 'this is what I wanted to get out of legislation and I'm going to do it on my own' and that does become a government of one."

* He warned that not only is the country at a tipping point, something he warned about in congressional testimony earlier this year, but also expressed his hope that President Obama doesn't get away with it.

* "It's a very sad moment but it's becoming a particularly dangerous moment if the president is going to go forward, particularly after this election to defy the will of Congress yet again. I can understand the frustration, these are two political parties that cannot get along but as you said, we have a Democratic process and a Congress that's coming in with the full voice of the American people behind them, that's what an election is, you may disagree with the outcome, but you have to respect the outcome," Turley continued. "What the President is suggesting is tearing at the very fabric of the constitution. We have a separation of powers that gives us balance and that doesn't protect the branches. It's not there to protect the executive branch or the legislative branch, it's there to protect liberty. It's there to keep any branch from assuming so much control that they become a threat to liberty."

* "I always tell my friends on the Democratic side, we will rue the day when we helped create this uber presidency," he said. "What the Democrats are creating is something very very dangerous. They're creating a president who can go at it alone and to go at it alone is something that is a very danger that the framers sought to avoid in our constitution."
http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavli ... y-n1919710
Troglodyte

Post by Troglodyte »

A pure political move to bolster democrat chances in 2016.. Unfortunately Obama's follow through after his pretty speeches has been notably lacking.. We'll see how much ICE gets in additional funds and how many not covered illegals actually get deported.. I'm guessing it will be zero on both accounts..
I don't suffer from any mental illnesses.. I enjoy them..