If Obama follows through I think we can expect outrage across the nation. Anyone here support Obama's actions?
BTW, I disapprove of Obama's actions, it's unconstitutional.
What shall we call him:
Emperor or King Obama?
Сделай Америку великой снова
"You can come out of the shadows"
Obama has obviously never been to Santa Ana and must have been closing his eyes every time he came to California.
BrookeBJMacBevNoDoubt: Were all of Jorge Bush's executive actions unconstitutional? If not, please elucidate the differences for us.
The Spanish channels delayed their regular programming to cover it.. LINK
Sounds like Obama's welcome mat has been worn out.. Even by the liberal MSM...
- Omar Bongo
- Posts: 9616
- Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:59 pm
- Has thanked: 5 times
- Been thanked: 11 times
Well, people often laugh when they're confused.
The point of the quote whooshed right over your head, didn't it?
"How stupid is our country?"
- John Q. Public
- Site Admin
- Posts: 20545
- Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:56 am
- Has thanked: 4 times
- Been thanked: 10 times
Plus it's sweeps time and maybe the networks figured they could do better with Entertainment Tonight than they would with a 20% split on a news story. But notice that NBC went for the ratings grand slam on Univision with the announcement followed by the Latin Grammys. Huge numbers for them.
John Q. Public
Shifty MutWhy would you think border security will be any better now?
Now we'll have people step up and come clean and stronger border security.
What is even the point of border security (or border, for that matter) when you've already decided to let unknown millions of aliens skate in?
JQPUh huh. I believe you are too smart to think the rest of us are dumb enough to buy that.
Not really unusual..... It was a fairly minor announcement, in the scheme of things.
JQPLike totally bitchen'. I'll certainly rest easy tonight bolstered by that consolation............Luca
But notice that NBC went for the ratings grand slam on Univision with the announcement followed by the Latin Grammys. Huge numbers for them.
John Q. Public
I'd have to watch it again but the people that came over recently would be deported along with criminals. There is a criteria that has to be met, you have to have been here and established for 5 years, you need background checked, pay fines and taxes, get to back of the line, learn English.. I think what he said was reasonable.
He's not going to make everyone happy, it's impossible but I support what he's doing, he's waited long enough for congress.
Tell me how those kids who have college degrees (which I totally applaud and have great admiration for) have been hiding in the shadows? Maybe they can't get a job without a SSN but they aren't citizens.
As usual, Obama's rhetoric is to bring out the bleeding hearts instead of give us honesty and transparency.
http://news.yahoo.com/fact-check-obamas ... 11776.html
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama made some notable omissions in his remarks about the unilateral actions he's taking on immigration.
President Obama To Announce Immigration Steps Thursday CBS Dallas Fort Worth (RSS)
A look at his statements Thursday and how they compare with the facts:
Obama: "It does not grant citizenship, or the right to stay here permanently, or offer the same benefits that citizens receive. Only Congress can do that. All we're saying is we're not going to deport you."
THE FACTS: He's saying, and doing, more than that. The changes also will make those covered eligible for work permits, allowing them to be employed in the country legally and compete with citizens and legal residents for better-paying jobs.
He knew he couldn't say that because that's the part that makes the plan less palatable. But hey, we're stupid so it wouldn't matter anyway, right?
Lawsuit by Career ICE Attorney Exposes Obama Anti-Enforcement Campaign
November 11, 2014
Last week Patricia Vroom, an attorney with an exemplary 26-year career at ICE filed a lawsuit in the U.S. District Court of Arizona that depicts in shocking detail how a tightly-knit band of her superiors apparently bullied her and other career lawyers to force compliance with the Obama administration's immigration enforcement suppression scheme. In addition to describing a hostile work environment spoiled by sexual harassment, threats, insults, and other deplorable behavior of these top managers, Vroom's complaint provides alarming examples of how personnel were told to ignore the law and routinely release and dismiss charges on entire categories of criminal aliens, including certain convicted felons, drunk drivers, DACA applicants, and illegal juveniles from the border surge.
it reveals about the Obama administration's reckless disdain for immigration enforcement is especially troubling. It is the latest in a series of lawsuits that demonstrate a disturbing pattern of abuse of authority among favored and ideologically driven senior staff in DHS agencies.Vroom describes some specific examples of how the so-called prosecutorial discretion policies have been implemented, and of the effort to destroy professional integrity in ICE's legal division:
http://cis.org/vaughan/lawsuit-career-i ... t-campaign
Your link to the cis hate site does not take us to an "article." Instead, it is an opinion piece (or "screed" if you would prefer).
You are welcome.
Some of his recent remarks are:
* "What I'm hearing certainly causes great concern that he will again violate the separation of powers," Turley said. "No president can take on the power of all three branches and that's what he seems to be doing. He certainly seems to be taking on legislative authority. He isn't particularly coy about this, you know he says 'this is what I wanted to get out of legislation and I'm going to do it on my own' and that does become a government of one."
* He warned that not only is the country at a tipping point, something he warned about in congressional testimony earlier this year, but also expressed his hope that President Obama doesn't get away with it.
* "It's a very sad moment but it's becoming a particularly dangerous moment if the president is going to go forward, particularly after this election to defy the will of Congress yet again. I can understand the frustration, these are two political parties that cannot get along but as you said, we have a Democratic process and a Congress that's coming in with the full voice of the American people behind them, that's what an election is, you may disagree with the outcome, but you have to respect the outcome," Turley continued. "What the President is suggesting is tearing at the very fabric of the constitution. We have a separation of powers that gives us balance and that doesn't protect the branches. It's not there to protect the executive branch or the legislative branch, it's there to protect liberty. It's there to keep any branch from assuming so much control that they become a threat to liberty."
* "I always tell my friends on the Democratic side, we will rue the day when we helped create this uber presidency," he said. "What the Democrats are creating is something very very dangerous. They're creating a president who can go at it alone and to go at it alone is something that is a very danger that the framers sought to avoid in our constitution."
http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavli ... y-n1919710