President Obama Will Announce His Immigration Plan Tonight

Brooke

Re: President Obama Will Announce His Immigration Plan Tonig

Post by Brooke »

Not really Parrotpaul, I just happen to believe in right and wrong. You recognize both in these recent posts don't you?

Don't you think Obama is disgusting or do you approve of his shameful trickery? Has there ever been a president who is so outwardly and blatantly a serial liar? He should be run out of office because he is so corrupt and disrespectful of American citizens, his office and this country.

And why on earth would anyone believe that Jesus, the epitome of good, would embrace criminals who are destructive, disrespectful and use people for their own ends? Why should good honest Americans have to ruin and degrade their own lives and their own country in order to take care of foreign criminals?

You believe it, can you give me the logic for that kind of thinking?
Who in their right mind uses a welcome sign to mean people who would come into their home uninvited, paid by their neighbors who are using their illegal labor, overrun the neighborhood, and refuse to leave?
Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul »

Sorry, Brooke...we disagree on all of the above, but that's OK. You have a right to your opinions as do I. Happy winter-holiday season. :D
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke
Brooke

Post by Brooke »

Okay Parrotpaul, I'll bet you disagree with me until two or three illegal alien families move into the unit next to yours. How long do you think they would last in a quiet neighborhood like yours and highly regulated, I might add? What about the thrill of subbing in schools where newly arrived illegal alien children with lice hopping out of their hair, making strange coughing noises, along with weird rashes? Do you think you would last even a half hour? :lol: You are aware that the Central American illegals are responsible for some weird respiratory disease? Can't remember the name, but I think it contains letters and numbers.

Oh, and what about a traffic accident and she or he runs away? What fond memories huh?

Or one of them takes your job (before you retired) at half the salary you were getting? Too funny, right?

What if the overload caused Mission Hospital to close because of bankruptcy? That could actually endanger your life couldn't it. Since it is so close and all?
Who in their right mind uses a welcome sign to mean people who would come into their home uninvited, paid by their neighbors who are using their illegal labor, overrun the neighborhood, and refuse to leave?
Vilepagan

Post by Vilepagan »

You are aware that the Central American illegals are responsible for some weird respiratory disease?

In what way are these people "responsible" for this disease?

Can't remember the name, but I think it contains letters and numbers.

Yet you remember that these people are responsible for it somehow...

Oh, and what about a traffic accident and she or he runs away?

Or one of them takes your job (before you retired) at half the salary you were getting?

What if the overload caused Mission Hospital to close because of bankruptcy? That could actually endanger your life couldn't it. Since it is so close and all?

So your argument is that we should base our decisions about illegal immigration on our fears of what might happen in the future.
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada
Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul »

Brooke...I don't sub anymore, but many children that weren't white with blue eyes and blonde hair passed through my classrooms. I had very few problems with any student legal or illegal. My kids knew what they had to do to remain members of my classrooms from the first day of classes. The significant majority of my students appreciated my classroom management style.

My neighbors include Koreans, Brits, Australians, Chinese, Persians, Greeks, Blacks and a variety of other ethnicities. No one really cares what their legal status is. What does matter is what kind of neighbor any person is.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke
Reconquista Primero

Post by Reconquista Primero »

But Parrotpaul , what about the unpapered immigrant Muslims school kids who chopped off the heads of the other students? Ones like the multitude of those identified in the link BrookeDoubtNoBJBevMac provided us.
What's that? MacBJDoubtNoBevBrooke never provided such a link? I'm shocked she would make such an assertion without some some of proof. :roll:
Worst choices for president in my 35 + years of voting.
Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul »

Here in the Village the one moral crime that stands out is "elder neglect." Many children of older parents believe they can dump their parents here, and all will be well. This is a residential community. It isn't assisted care living. I believe we are the most crime-free community in Orange County...we're at least near the top. :cheers:
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

Brooke wrote:Or one of them takes your job (before you retired) at half the salary you were getting? Too funny, right?
I doubt you're going to see many illegal alien English teachers. Right now, the biggest threat of somebody taking my job at half the salary is probably a housewife. Who do I talk to about making them illegal?

There's always going to be somebody willing to do your job for less than you make, whether it's an immigrant, a young person or somebody who's just desperate for work. It has nothing to do with where they come from or their immigration status. It's just life in the big city.
Don't look at me, I just work here.
cruiser

Post by cruiser »

Again, read the LA Times article (7/20, 2003) by Fred Dickey; "No Way Up', - " A recent
doubling in illegal immigrants has crippled the aspirations of their legal brethren."

(this is eleven years ago, think how many more illegals there are in the country now,
YOUR tax dollars HARD at work!)

After the read, give comments on the board. What's your pleasure?
MDDad

Post by MDDad »

Parrotpaul wrote:Here in the Village the one moral crime that stands out is "elder neglect."
Sadly, that's not surprising. I've traveled overseas quite a bit on business, and I still have many relatives in Europe, and I've concluded it would be hard to find another society that dismisses older parents as an inconvenient burden as much as Americans do. I suppose it might have something to do with our "Me, me, me" selfishness.
Troglodyte

Post by Troglodyte »

This has got to be the height of hyperbole...

Obama: "Are we a nation that kicks out a striving, hopeful immigrant like Astrid, or are we a nation that finds a way to welcome her in? Scripture tells us that we shall not oppress a stranger, for we know the heart of a stranger –- we were strangers once, too."

Astrid is a Germanic or Nordic name.. It evokes the picture of a blond haired blue eyed girl... Not what was meant in this context.. Estrella, Carmella, or Maria would be more to the point... Deliberate? I w,ould think so.
Kinda like whenever they show a picture of a kid that could have been aborted it usually is a laughing blond haired blue eyed three year old girl... Pretty far from the usual abortion case...

When we discuss illegal aliens (screw that "unpapered" BS) The likely suspect is Hispanic here, or Haitian on the east coast.. We have very little negative problems with Germans, Icelanders, or even Welch invading and colonizing the US... (Unless they have to be movie or rock stars :wink: )
I don't suffer from any mental illnesses.. I enjoy them..
Reconquista Primero

Trog: If you don't like "unpapered immigrant," "Undocumented person" is equally acceptable. :wink:
Troglodyte

Post by Troglodyte »

Can't put lipstick on that pig. Illegal immigrant is more truthful. Any other term is a slap in the face to those who immigrated here legally... Just because our immigration laws aren't being enforced doesn't make it Okay...
Are we supposed to term African killer bees and Asian fire ants as welcomed unpapered pests??? Both came here unbidden and colonized in our country despite all efforts, or lack of, to stop them..
You can't stop a roach or ant invasion in your house by ignoring it, or putting out more food for them...
The GOP wants to secure the borders first, then devise an equitable immigration reform..
The Dems want to throw open the gates, then discuss reform..
Which plan do you think would be more effective in controlling and reforming immigration.. --:--
I don't suffer from any mental illnesses.. I enjoy them..
Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul »

The Dutch have always been a pesky sort.
Brooke

Post by Brooke »

Vilepagan: In what way are these people "responsible" for this disease?
I am so sorry! You got me on this one Vilepagan.

I should have posted this:
The Central Americans are responsible for the "spread" of diseases including EV-D68.
The “humanitarian crisis” concocted by President Obama to let tens of thousands of illegal immigrant minors stay in the U.S. has fueled a deadly respiratory virus epidemic that’s struck American kids across the country and killed at least nine.

Virtually nonexistent in the U.S. before the recent influx of illegal alien minors, the lethal Enterovirus D68 (EV-D68) is associated with severe respiratory illness and is known to come from Central America. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) from mid-August to the end of October state public health laboratories have confirmed a total of 1,105 people in 47 states and the District of Columbia with respiratory illness caused by EV-D68. What the agency conveniently omits is that the deadly virus was first discovered in cities with large numbers of relocated illegal immigrant minors, officially identified by the government as Unaccompanied Alien Children (UAC).
http://www.judicialwatch.org/blog/2014/ ... dly-virus/
And this:
The hordes of illegal immigrant minors entering the U.S. are bringing serious diseases—including swine flu, dengue fever, possibly Ebola virus and tuberculosis—that present a danger to the American public as well as the Border Patrol agents forced to care for the kids, according to a U.S. Congressman who is also medical doctor.

This has created a “severe and dangerous” crisis, says the Georgia lawmaker, Phil Gingrey. Most of the Unaccompanied Alien Children (UAC) are coming from Central America and they’re importing infectious diseases considered to be largely eradicated in this country. Additionally, many of the migrants lack basic vaccinations such as those to prevent chicken pox or measles, leaving America’s young children and the elderly particularly susceptible, Gingrey reveals.
http://www.judicialwatch.org/blog/2014/ ... swine-flu/
Brooke

Post by Brooke »

Vilepagan: So your argument is that we should base our decisions about illegal immigration on our fears of what might happen in the future.
No, not at all. You should base your decisions about illegal immigration on the fact that they are illegal, which makes them criminals and have no business being in the United States.

Regarding the taking of American jobs at less pay, bankrupting hospitals and causing traffic accidents and absconding immediately afterwards is guaranteed.

The United States is your home, why don't you want to protect and take care of it Vilepagan?
Brooke

Post by Brooke »

Actually illegal immigrant is not proper either. The legal term is illegal alien.
Reconquista Primero

BrookeNoBevMacBJDoubt:
Using the term "illegal alien" dehumanizes the unpapered (or undocumented, if you will) persons. When you dehumanize them, you can then treat them, as you do, like vermin. How sad. :(
Brooke

Post by Brooke »

Parrotpaul: Brooke...I don't sub anymore,
My vignette was a flight of fancy - IOW - pretend.
but many children that weren't white with blue eyes and blonde hair passed through my classrooms.
What does white skin and blue eyes have to do with this topic? I have white skin, brownish/red hair and blue eyes. My daughter has white skin, brown eyes, and blonde hair. My son has brown hair, brown eyes and white skin.
Brooke

Post by Brooke »

Does anyone find it strange that someone who claims to be a lawyer doesn't know the legal term of a foreign invader?

And what does his first user name refer to anyway? Reconquista? Hmmm. Sounds like a trouble maker to me.