President Obama Will Announce His Immigration Plan Tonight

Brooke

Re: President Obama Will Announce His Immigration Plan Tonig

Post by Brooke »

Trog the answer to the problem is simple if Americans elect a president that respects the Constitution, the rule of law, and American citizens. It doesn't matter what laws are passed as long as we continue to elect serial liars to the House and Senate.

All American citizens should be outraged at this president and his treasonous shenanigans. Why aren't you? You don't express any anger, why not? Doesn't it piss you off that lying frauds run your own country?
Who in their right mind uses a welcome sign to mean people who would come into their home uninvited, paid by their neighbors who are using their illegal labor, overrun the neighborhood, and refuse to leave?
Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul »

Trog the answer to the problem is simple if Americans elect a president that respects the Constitution, the rule of law, and American citizens.

I'm curious. Which of our past post WWII presidents in your estimation meet those criteria? Which potential POTUS candidates would you recommend as having those kinds of qualities?
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke
Brooke

Post by Brooke »

Parrotpaul, why aren't you offended by Obama's actions? Why would anyone want a rogue president in power of our republic? If he has no respect for the Constitution and the rule of law then you can bet he has no respect for you.
Who in their right mind uses a welcome sign to mean people who would come into their home uninvited, paid by their neighbors who are using their illegal labor, overrun the neighborhood, and refuse to leave?
Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul »

I'm trying not to get too worried.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke
Troglodyte

Post by Troglodyte »

Brooke wrote; "All American citizens should be outraged at this president and his treasonous shenanigans. Why aren't you? You don't express any anger, why not? Doesn't it piss you off that lying frauds run your own country?"

I would have to be pissed off at all the stupid voters who keep these asses in office.. Politicians have been rated way below used car salesmen in honesty and trust.. Kinda like flies or ants at a picnic..
It would take too much of my energy and time to express anger and outrage at the politicians and voters.
It would be like fighting the tide or a storm at sea... It's way beyond my control.. I just cuss and ride it out.
I have better use for that energy and time... :wink:
I don't suffer from any mental illnesses.. I enjoy them..
Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul »

:yeahthat:
Troglodyte

Post by Troglodyte »

Damn.. Both Paul and RP agreeing with me?? Please, nobody tell the Tea Party.. :lol:
MDDad

Post by MDDad »

Trog, I agree with you as well, on two points.

First, of course we can vote all the asses out of office. Unfortunately, whomever we vote in to replace them will all turn into asses as soon as they see how good life at the trough really is.

Second, when you reach that point in your life when you decide not to get pissed at those things you can't do anything about, the seas immediately become more calm and the wind is always at your back. It's a much better way to sail through life.
Troglodyte

Post by Troglodyte »

The founding fathers envisioned citizen statesmen.. People who would leave their farms and general stores to represent their communities for a term in office, then return back to their places when their duty was done..
Somehow that got turned into a permanent "ruling class" populated by lawyers and scoundrels .. Too bad... --:--
Brooke

Post by Brooke »

The last election should let you guys know that ultimately it is the power of the people that changes things. The last election sent Congress an important message. Unfortunately, Obama wasn't listening. He is going ahead with his unconstitutional amnesty anyway. Apparently Boehner wasn't listening either.
The latest I have read about him is that he is refusing to defund the amnesty. That could change at the last minute.

Some of us who use this forum spend a fair amount of time here. Time that we could be letting our reps know what we want done, what we like and don't like. Which is how special interests turned our reps against us. Even Americans who do have the extra time to send an email or make a phone call still can't be bothered. Is it any wonder that reps do what they want right in our faces?

When George Bush tried to push through his last amnesty in 2007 Americans were so mad they shut down the Capital switchboard. Bush got the message and enforced immigration laws as written for the first time during his term of office.
Brooke

Post by Brooke »

Trog: I would have to be pissed off at all the stupid voters who keep these asses in office..
No, you don't.

It is true that politicians have low ratings.
It would take too much of my energy and time to express anger and outrage at the politicians and voters.
It would be like fighting the tide or a storm at sea... It's way beyond my control.. I just cuss and ride it out.
I have better use for that energy and time... :wink:
Not true Trog. It really doesn't take that much time at all.

There are some organizations that really help cut down the time factor and can streamline your communications to Congress. NumbersUSA is a good one. All you have to do is fill out the form to register so that you can receive email alerts to let you know that it's important to speak out on a particular issue. Go to the website and click on the Action Board in the upper left corner where you will be shown issues that you may want to speak out on. Click on one and you are shown talking points, a letter that can be edited to your liking or you can write your own. You may even have different choices that are already written you can choose from. Then review it and click it to send a fax to all of your reps that you want to notify. The fax will automatically go to all your reps if it pertains to them all.

It couldn't be any easier and it is all in your control. The letters are well written and the reasons for sending them are to the left of the letters. Which are helpful if you want to emphasize something on your own.

It takes a few minutes to register, but once that is done all you have to do is click on your choices and your faxes are sent. Another nice thing about this method is that the letters go to your reps in your own letterhead, numbersusa.com is not shown at all. It is just your own words on an issue in your own words if you wish.

It is something that special interests do all time. They bend Congress's ear all the time. They constantly put pressure on their reps. It is the only efficient way we who do want what is best for the country to make our voices heard.

There are other organizations that do a good job too. The Center for Immigration Studies (cis.org) is excellent for analysis about what goes on in Washington and beyond regarding immigration issues. They are not set up to contact reps, but they are invaluable for facts and information.

The Federation for American Immigration Reform (fairus.org) is also a great place for information and reps can be contacted from their website although they are not as sophisticated as numbersusa.com

So, if you want to save your country there really are no excuses with the exception of a few minutes to set up your profile with numbersusa.com.
Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul »

Nah, Bev...they don't do much good at all. If so, why is the COTUS so screwed up?
Brooke

Post by Brooke »

The immigration mess can be easily remedied. Things went well after Bush make the decision to enforce our immigration laws after the defeat of his amnesty.

The laws are already in place. What is needed is a president that will enforce them. In addition, there are improvements that should be made that will solve many problems.

The first is to make E-verify mandatory all across the nation. It allows employers to instantly know if their employees are legal or not. If he or she learns they are not they must be terminated. Whereupon the illegal has no choice but to leave the U.S. They cannot stay if they cannot work.

The next step is to eliminate anchor babies. Only babies born to U.S. parents are citizens. It makes no sense at all for a baby's citizenship to be based on geography. It should be based on the citizenship of the parents.

Next is eliminate chain migration. Allow immigrants into the US based on their qualifications. Importing poverty is insane. Only direct family members allowed. No sisters, brothers, in-laws, etc.

Stop importing foreign workers that replace American workers. Our reps were hired to take care of Americans not foreign workers and big business interests get enormously wealthy while constantly lowering the wages of American workers.

Those are all great beginnings.
Fordama

Post by Fordama »

The last election should let you guys know that ultimately it is the power of the people that changes things.

What the last election showed was that people weren't motivated to go to the polls. There was no mandate to do anything.

Fordama
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK
Reconquista Primero

Post by Reconquista Primero »

BrevBookeBacMJDoNoubt:
No Doubt wrote: The first is to make E-verify mandatory all across the nation. It allows employers to instantly know if their employees are legal or not. If he or she learns they are not they must be terminated. Whereupon the illegal has no choice but to leave the U.S. They cannot stay if they cannot work.
What have you done to make this happen other than grouse about things on a forum?
Bev wrote: The next step is to eliminate anchor babies. Only babies born to U.S. parents are citizens. It makes no sense at all for a baby's citizenship to be based on geography. It should be based on the citizenship of the parents.
What have you done to get the constitutional amendment process underway other than grouse about things on this forum?
BJMac wrote: Next is eliminate chain migration. Allow immigrants into the US based on their qualifications. Importing poverty is insane. Only direct family members allowed. No sisters, brothers, in-laws, etc.
What have you done to make this happen other than grouse about things on a forum?
Brooke wrote: Stop importing foreign workers that replace American workers. Our reps were hired to take care of Americans not foreign workers and big business interests get enormously wealthy while constantly lowering the wages of American workers.

Talk is cheap. :lol:
Worst choices for president in my 35 + years of voting.
Wabash

Post by Wabash »

Stop importing foreign workers that replace American workers. Our reps were hired to take care of Americans not foreign workers and big business interests get enormously wealthy while constantly lowering the wages of American workers.

Will that include pro sports teams?
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Сделай Америку великой снова
Brooke

Post by Brooke »

fordama: What the last election showed was that people weren't motivated to go to the polls. There was no mandate to do anything.

Fordama
I said nothing about a mandate, I said, "The last election should let you guys know that ultimately it is the power of the people that changes things."

Election 2014 Firsts: Meet the History-Makers of the Midterms
Election Night 2014 brought several "firsts" across the country. With their victories, these are the elected officials who made history on Tuesday night.

* First Elected African-American Senator From South Carolina
* First Time 100 Votes in Congress Will Be Cast by Women
* First Incumbent to Lose Re-election in Pennsylvania
* First Woman Elected to Congress from Iowa
* First Female Combat Veteran Elected to the Senate
* First Governor to Win Three Gubernatorial Elections in Four Years
* First Candidate to Lose Two Senate Races to Women
* First Latino Elected to Congress from West Virginia
* Youngest Woman Ever Elected to Congress
* First Female Governor of Rhode Island
* First Black Female Republican in Congress
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/election ... d=26691331
Fordama

Post by Fordama »

The biggest news is that they gave an election and very few people cared enough to vote.

Fordama
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK
Brooke

Post by Brooke »

Another bizarre post that does not address what I said.
Fordama

Post by Fordama »

Very few people cared.

Fordama