Sheriffs Say President Does Not Have Their Support

Brooke

Sheriffs Say President Does Not Have Their Support

Post by Brooke »

Finally, law enforcement across the USA is standing up to be heard against Obama's illegal executive amnesty. They want Congress to fight against the president's unconstitutional actions that put Americans in danger.

Sheriffs from Around U.S. Say President Does Not Have Their Support

Sheriffs from across the nation traveled to Washington, D.C. this week to refute Obama’s remarks that his amnesty plan had the support of law enforcement. Instead, the group of officers hammered down on the Department of Homeland Security’s 10-point plan and added that the executive plot would further threaten public safety in their communities.

The sheriffs stood alongside three members of Congress, Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-Ala.); Sen. David Vitter (R-La.); and Rep. Marsha Blackburn (R-Texas). Many sheriffs unable to be present at the press conference were represented through the attending sheriffs. At one point, Sheriff Sam Page of Rockingham County, N.C., presented Sessions and Vitter with a list of 30 other sheriffs just in North Carolina, also furious over how the president has tied their hands in terms of enforcing immigration laws.
http://immigrationreform.com/2014/12/12 ... r-support/
Who in their right mind uses a welcome sign to mean people who would come into their home uninvited, paid by their neighbors who are using their illegal labor, overrun the neighborhood, and refuse to leave?
crayegg
Oversight Committee

Re: Sheriffs Say President Does Not Have Their Support

Post by crayegg »

Boo hoo. Obama is such a meanie.
Reconquista Primero

Post by Reconquista Primero »

BevBrookeNoDoubtBJMac:

Please cite to us the legal authority that a county sheriff has to enforce federal law.
Worst choices for president in my 35 + years of voting.
Troglodyte

Post by Troglodyte »

Here you go, RP... Same for the other 46 states that have elected sheriffs... (3 appointed sheriffs)
But the oaths are similar...

Strange that the federal government requires that sheriffs and peace officers are obligated to enforce federal law such as drug enforcement, despite California law to the contrary, but are restricted from enforcing federal law on immigration.. Political cherry picking??

[ Required Oath of Office ] LINK

[ Source: http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/.const/.article_20 ]

SEC. 3. Members of the Legislature, and all public officers and employees, executive, legislative, and judicial, except such inferior officers and employees as may be by law exempted, shall, before they enter upon the duties of their respective offices, take and subscribe the following oath or affirmation:

"I, ___________________________, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States and the Constitution of the State of California against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the Constitution of the United States and the Constitution of the State of California; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties upon which I am about to enter.
"And I do further swear (or affirm) that I do not advocate, nor am I a member of any party or organization, political or other- wise, that now advocates the overthrow of the Government of the United States or of the State of California by force or violence or other unlawful means; that within the five years immediately preceding the taking of this oath (or affirmation) I have not been a member of any party or organization, political or other-wise, that advocated the overthrow of the Government of the United States or of the State of California by force or violence or other unlawful means except as follows:

Better clean up your board signature, RP.... :lol: Enemies both foreign and domestic....
I don't suffer from any mental illnesses.. I enjoy them..
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

Um, sorta paraphrasing RP, please cite for us where that oath says what you seem to think it does.
Don't look at me, I just work here.
Reconquista Primero

Trog: An oath of office does not provide legal authority to a county sheriff to "enforce" federal immigration laws."
I think the term "enforce" is used loosely. A sheriff is just one part of the process of enforcing laws. It also requires a prosecutor (city prosecutor, district attorney or US Attorney) to bring the defendant in front of the court.
Are you trying to tell us that a city prosecutor or district attorney can "enforce" federal immigration laws because they take an oath as well?
Brooke

Post by Brooke »

crayegg, your post indicates that you support Obama's executive amnesty. Can you tell me why?

I can easily post a long list of reasons why he shouldn't do it. Can you come up with positive reasons why he should?
Who in their right mind uses a welcome sign to mean people who would come into their home uninvited, paid by their neighbors who are using their illegal labor, overrun the neighborhood, and refuse to leave?
Fordama

Post by Fordama »

It's good not to try to split up families and/or deport American children, for one.

Fordama
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK
Brooke

Post by Brooke »

On April 27, 2012 ICE announced that it would no longer initiate enforcement against deportable illegal aliens identified by the Secure Communities program who have committed minor criminal offenses.
Secure Communities cross-checks the fingerprints of every person arrested by state and local police against a variety of federal databases, including a Department of Homeland Security (DHS) database of immigration law violators. Deportable aliens who are identified through the Secure Communities program are turned over to ICE, rather than released on bail. The new policy will dramatically limit the number of deportable aliens in state and local jails who ICE takes action against.
287(g) was a congressionally established program that trained local police to identify and detain illegal aliens. It was effective in providing ICE with a pipeline to identify deportable aliens. It has since been entirely phased out by the Obama administration.

The ICE announcement in 2012 was obviously part of the Obama administration's efforts to prevent state and local authorities from playing a role in immigration enforcement.
Now, the Secure Communities program is to be replaced with a new "Priority Enforcement Program (PEP)" ... that uses electronic matching of fingerprints to identify alien criminals in near-real-time among the people arrested by police nationwide.
http://www.fairus.org/news/Obama-admini ... ommunities
Brooke

Post by Brooke »

The splitting of families excuse is bogus. Children should always go with their parents. Illegal alien parents of U.S. citizen children should always be deported, they are in violation of U.S. sovereignty and a number of laws. We don't want criminals living in our country. We have enough of our own to contend with. The deportation of illegal aliens is a no brainer.
Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul »

From what I've read, the Obama administration has had no qualms about deporting people....much more so than prior administrations.

The Obama administration deported a record 438,421 unauthorized immigrants in fiscal year 2013, continuing a streak of stepped up enforcement that has resulted in more than 2 million deportations since Obama took office, newly released Department of Homeland Security data show.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/20 ... h-in-2013/
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke
MDDad

Post by MDDad »

Paul, we've been over this point several times. The Obama administration began counting those turned back at the border as "deportations", while previous administrations didn't. If you compare apples to apples (i.e. those deported from within the United States), Obama's numbers are lower than previous administrations, and getting lower every year. It's not fair to change what goes into the metrics and then claim that Obama has been a leader at deporting people. He hasn't.
Fordama

Post by Fordama »

"The splitting of families excuse is bogus. Children should always go with their parents."

Sorry, I'm against deporting American citizens. That's a far greater wrong than allowing their parents to stay and raise them.

Fordama
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK
Brooke

Post by Brooke »

I disagree, there are no other countries that give citizenship to illegal alien babies. The citizenship of babies is that of their parents. A geographical spot on the globe is hardly a reason to bestow citizenship especially to babies born of criminal foreigners who are in violation of U.S. sovereignty.

Just goes to show how wrong political correctness is, no logic to it at all.
Reconquista Primero

Birthright citizenship came about from the slavery issue. It is now a Constitutional right. That is hardly "political correctness." :roll:
Brooke/Bev/BJMac/NoDoubt: What steps have you taken to get the Constitution amended to end birthright citizenship other than blathering about it on a widely read forum? Talk is cheap.
Last edited by Reconquista Primero on Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

Little read??? WHAT?
Don't look at me, I just work here.
Reconquista Primero

My fingers must have slipped. I've made the appropriate edit.
Please don't ban me.
Brooke

Post by Brooke »

That's right, slavery not illegal aliens.
joefutbol

Post by joefutbol »

All men are created equal. That's right, men, not women.
Reconquista Primero

Bev/Brooke/BJMac/NODoubt/Othersockpuppetswehaven'tlearnedof:
What have you done to amend the Constitution to get rid of birthright citizenship other that bleat on a WIDELY read forum? Talk is cheap and actions speak louder than words. [-X