Sheriffs Say President Does Not Have Their Support

Troglodyte

Re: Sheriffs Say President Does Not Have Their Support

Post by Troglodyte »

RP wrote; "What you are suggesting is that uneducated people who are kept in place by corruption and who have families to feed today rise up and solve the problems of their countries. Good luck with that. :roll:

Uneducated American colonists and French "rabble" lead to big changes in their countries..

Are you saying there are no longer any men like these to lead to change Latin America...
Antonio José de Sucre in Ecuador, José Leonardo Chirino and José Caridad González in Haiti, Simón Bolívar in Venezuela, José Gervasio Artigas in Uruguay, Fulgencio Yegros and José Gaspar Rodríguez de Francia in Paraguay, and many others all leading fed up uneducated people who are kept in place by corruption and who have families to feed .. LINK

we can go on to Lenin, Mao, Ho Chi Minh, Castro, and even the Arab Spring to find uneducated people who sought to change their lives and countries.. Maybe not quite the change they wanted but they rebelled against the status quo and won.
I don't suffer from any mental illnesses.. I enjoy them..
Troglodyte

Post by Troglodyte »

Sweeping generalizations on one side does not counter sweeping generalizations on the other..

The fact, as has been properly sourced, remains that many sheriffs and police feel that president Obama does not support them and his EA has endangered the communities they have sworn to protect..
joefutbol

Post by joefutbol »

Well, they should shut up and do their jobs.
Troglodyte

Post by Troglodyte »

Kind of hard to do their jobs when they are restricted as to which law breakers to apprehend and which have presidential get out of jail free cards.. Which law to enforce and which to ignore, and which law will change tomorrow.
joefutbol

Post by joefutbol »

So should California law enforcement arrest people for possessing marijuana when they have a prescription?
Troglodyte

Post by Troglodyte »

No... it is legal in California for someone with a prescription to possess a limited amount of pot, even to grow a limited amount for their own use. The feds, OTOH, might.. Unless they choose to ignore their law.. --:--
With LEOs ignoring laws all over the place, who knows what is legit and what is not.. Chaos reigns...
joefutbol

Post by joefutbol »

So they can't enforce federal drug laws but they can enforce federal immigration laws? Why?
Troglodyte

Post by Troglodyte »

According to Obama and the last AG they can't enforce federal immigration laws... Your point??
Brooke

Post by Brooke »

joefutbol: Well, they should shut up and do their jobs.
Why should they go along with a rogue president who violates the Constitution? This isn't a banana republic yet.

Sounds like you are wishing it was. The question is why?

Can you tell me why a president of the United States which is a country based on the rule of law, which means that no man is above the law, can morph himself into a petty dictator that goes against everything this country stands for and that millions of Americans worked hard and fought for?

It is a question that you should answer because I have presented the facts. Now why jeopardize your country for the whims of one man?
Who in their right mind uses a welcome sign to mean people who would come into their home uninvited, paid by their neighbors who are using their illegal labor, overrun the neighborhood, and refuse to leave?
Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul »

You want discussion, and yet you set people up with this stuff.....well-poisoning is your most not so secret weapon.

Why should they go along with a rogue president who violates the Constitution? This isn't a banana republic yet.

Sounds like you are wishing it was. The question is why
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke
Brooke

Post by Brooke »

How have I poisoned the well Parrotpaul? All I have done is mention the obvious. Basic facts that should occur to everyone.

Are you saying that folks haven't thought it through or what? This is the stuff people should think about before they make up their minds about an issue.

Everyone has a right to form their own opinions and post them on this forum. If I believe that someone's opinion is flawed it is my right to say so.

If someone approves of Obama's executive amnesty they have every right to say so. Even if I object that should not deter someone who really believes they are right. In order to have a discussion all they have to do is tell me why they are right and I am wrong.

If someone just disappears which happens often then the only conclusion I can come to is that they aren't sure about their position. They always have the option of challenging me me anytime they feel like it.
Who in their right mind uses a welcome sign to mean people who would come into their home uninvited, paid by their neighbors who are using their illegal labor, overrun the neighborhood, and refuse to leave?
Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul »

Surely you can't be speaking of moi!!!! I told you eons ago I supported this, and I told you the reason being I believe it's the right thing to do.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke
Troglodyte

Post by Troglodyte »

Paul wrote; "This isn't a banana republic yet. "

And here you are supporting Obama who treats this as one.... King Barak the First.. President for life.. :lol:
"I have my pen and my phone." Don't need no stinking Congress... Sounds bananas to me....
Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul »

Speaking of bananas I'm kind of thinking your stuff of late is sounding defensive at the least and bluster on steroids at the most. Substance rules not platitudes, not bravado, not Will Rogers quotes.
Brooke

Post by Brooke »

Parrotpaul: Substance rules not platitudes, not bravado, not Will Rogers quotes.
The irony is stunning. Practice what you preach.
Fordama

Post by Fordama »

You even using the word irony is stunning.

Fordama
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK
Brooke

Post by Brooke »

The same to you fordama.
Troglodyte

Post by Troglodyte »

Ha.. The old "when you can't logically defend your position, throw bricks" posts...
Even the MSM has hinted that Obama has overstepped his authority on many occasions.
His "I have my phone and pen" remark said it all.. He is NOT above Congress or the people.
There is a balance of power and a constitutional way of doing things. No room for presidential demands or temper tantrums.. Obama's actions proved from the beginning he was not ready to be president.
I posted links earlier where both the French president and Russia premier questioned his sanity and demeanor.
His competency has lead to record lows in the opinion of the citizens and here the nation's police are baffled by his positions about the law and their jobs..

"A good leader takes his people where they want to go.." ... Alexander the Great...
Obama is trying to drag us where he wants us to go, even when we resist... [-X
Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul »

You and Bev...you can post lots of quotes, and platitudes, and aphorisms, but the reality is this country is doing pretty damned well. More people are employed, wages are rising, the stock market is setting records every day, people are insured, gas prices are the lowest they've been since I had hair, people have more money to spend...didn't you get the memo, Trog? Somewhere there is a disconnect between you and the reality of the state of the nation. What's your real beef anyway? Of course there are some problems out there, but I can remember just a few short years ago parking my car and taking the bus to work. I just picked up a newer car myself....first one since 2001. Hope it gets better for you.
Troglodyte

Post by Troglodyte »

I am over here making improvements on our farm in Thailand. Things are comfortable for us..
I peek at the stock market occasionally. Don't want to upset my ulcers again, or my retirement.
The economy and stock market yo yos pretty wildly, but does so despite Obama's doings..
All I am concerned about is my kids future and my grandson's senior year in college..
I try not to picture "the Fall of the Roman Empire" in today's news, but it gets scary..
Check out the comparisons sometime.... LINK LINK and LINK

Maybe it wasn't Nero tuning up his violin while playing with matches, but that didn't help.. :wink:
Didn't you say history was an interest of yours???