President Obama Dissembles and Defames

Brooke

Post by Brooke »

Normally the U.S. President should be a reliable source of information. A free press can usually be counted on to call the president to account for any lies or half-truths. In fact news fact checkers have pointed out in recent months untruths or distortions uttered by him and have awarded him “Pinocchios.” But apparently that has not had much deterrent value.
NPR aired an interview 12/29/2014 where Obama said, “If you’re concerned that somehow illegal immigrants are a drain on resources and forcing, you know, Americans to pay for services for these folks, well, every study shows that’s just not the case.” Which is an outright lie.

Some studies claim that illegal aliens benefit the economy and generate taxes, but do so by conveniently leaving out vital information. Reliable sources show that illegal aliens cause a heavy net fiscal burden to taxpayers and negatively impact American workers employment opportunities. In addition, illegal aliens depress American wages and cast a burden on social services they are not entitled to.

Clearly by providing work permits to illegal aliens will negatively impact those conditions even more.

How is it possible that American citizens elected a man so dumb to the office of president that he doesn't understand that greater competition for jobs will depress wages and reduce opportunities for American workers?
http://immigrationreform.com/2014/12/30 ... d-defames/
Pinocchio.jpg
Who in their right mind uses a welcome sign to mean people who would come into their home uninvited, paid by their neighbors who are using their illegal labor, overrun the neighborhood, and refuse to leave?
Troglodyte

Re: President Obama Dissembles and Defames

Post by Troglodyte »

May be a bit of dissembling there, Brooke. Didn't see any defaming though...
Every politician leaves out "facts" that detract from the "sales job" they are making...
Nothing new there... (Great location near schools.. Just ignore the garbage dump next door)
Every president has done that... Gotta blame their speech writers and teleprompters.. They are not usually smart enough to think up that stuff on their own... :shock: Led by egotistical fools...
I don't suffer from any mental illnesses.. I enjoy them..
Brooke

Post by Brooke »

OK Wabash, defend the president's executive amnesty. Tell us how it's going to benefit the USA and its citizens. List all the points that make it a positive for a nation whose president is supposed to be protecting US citizens and US sovereignty.

Give me the reasons why the president is making life harder for citizens and making a mockery of the Constitution?
Who in their right mind uses a welcome sign to mean people who would come into their home uninvited, paid by their neighbors who are using their illegal labor, overrun the neighborhood, and refuse to leave?
Wabash

Post by Wabash »

I'd rather let folks like you worry about all that. I'm too busy living instead of buying into the fear de jour that has become the norm in many ideologues.

Still waiting for the Ebola virus that is going to kill all of us as was being reported in October.

When that hits, immigration will be the least of our worries.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Сделай Америку великой снова
broman

Post by broman »

"How is it possible that American citizens elected a man so dumb to the office of president".... last time I heard that conservatives had a hissy fit.
Brooke

Post by Brooke »

Ideologues has nothing to do with it Wabash. Weasel words to avoid trying to explain the illogical support of a president who does his best to lower the quality of life for US citizens and encourage poverty stricken, unskilled workers from third world countries to enter the US by the millions. The end result will be the ruin and devastation of a once great country.
Brooke

Post by Brooke »

broman, please address the incompetency of President Obama. Everyone knows that glutting the market with workers lowers wages, especially workers with extremely low wages to begin with.

Obama is doing the exact opposite of what he should be doing. Instead he has a banana republic in the making.
bananaobama.jpg
bananaobama.jpg (5.35 KiB) Viewed 1042 times
Wabash

Post by Wabash »

does his best to lower the quality of life for US citizens and encourage poverty stricken, unskilled workers from third world countries to enter the US by the millions.
What about the border.jpg
What about the border.jpg (17.07 KiB) Viewed 1026 times
The end result will be the ruin and devastation of a once great country.

The same things were said about immigrants that came here in the late 19th century. Yet somehow we as a nation have prospered.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

MDDad

Post by MDDad »

The same things were said about immigrants that came here in the late 19th century. Yet somehow we as a nation have prospered.
That's a silly analogy.

The immigrants of the late 19th century were farmers, merchants, craftsmen and factory workers who were quickly absorbed into a growing American economy based on farmers, merchants, craftsmen and factory workers. That is no longer the case. The current wave of legal immigrants and illegal aliens from across our southern borders are frequently uneducated, unskilled laborers, and the jobs they would normally fill have largely disappeared overseas or been automated. They face an economy based on high tech and skilled services. It's highly unlikely they will soon find work designing the next iPhone, writing software code for Google or hedging derivatives. We can't absorb or temporarily support millions more farm workers, hotel maids and day laborers.
Fordama

Post by Fordama »

"Some of the immigrants..." would be far more accurate. There were still no shortage of unskilled immigrants flooding into the nation and getting absorbed into low paying and dangerous industrial jobs. Americans at the time did similar attitudes about those immigrants, though. In fact, probably even more harsh.

Fordama
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK
Brooke

Post by Brooke »

It would be a refreshing change of pace around here if facts were brought into play Wabash. Things have changed dramatically in this country. Immigrants were screened and turned back if they were criminals, had mental health problems or suffered from diseases. Despite what the poem says at the base of the Statue of Liberty.

The USA was not a welfare state as it is now. Nor were presidents serial liars like the present Obama.

And why the left seems to delight in open borders makes no logical sense whatsoever. You are just as much in danger of being a victim of illegal aliens as anyone else. Why you want to endanger yourself, your family, your neighborhood on up to include all your fellow citizens is certainly something you cannot justify. The answer to that question would also be a first. Care to try?

Those Americans who welcome illegal aliens and mock the rule of law should fly a flag of recognition so that illegals can make a beeline to your houses. Then you can play host to criminals all you want. Then we would see how long the welcome wagon lasts before it crumbles.
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

Thank you, Brooke (BROOKE??? WHAT???) for bringing the thread back to its topic.
Don't look at me, I just work here.
Wabash

Post by Wabash »

Things have changed dramatically in this country. Immigrants were screened and turned back if they were criminals, had mental health problems or suffered from diseases. Despite what the poem says at the base of the Statue of Liberty.

True immigration reform like that would be supported by me. Those issues are never on the table.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

MDDad wrote:The immigrants of the late 19th century were farmers, merchants, craftsmen and factory workers who were quickly absorbed into a growing American economy based on farmers, merchants, craftsmen and factory workers. That is no longer the case. The current wave of legal immigrants and illegal aliens from across our southern borders are frequently uneducated, unskilled laborers, and the jobs they would normally fill have largely disappeared overseas or been automated. They face an economy based on high tech and skilled services. It's highly unlikely they will soon find work designing the next iPhone, writing software code for Google or hedging derivatives.
It's still that way. We haven't had a lot of call for craftsmen since we stopped putting gargoyles on buildings, but I guarantee that if you get any article of clothing custom made or tailored, it will be done by an immigrant. Not many immigrant farmers, but there are millions of immigrants working on farms and in factories. Merchants, you say? Have you been in a liquor store, convenience store, independent grocery store, gas station, independent or franchise fast food joint or restaurant, dry cleaners, car repair shop, doughnut shop, etc., etc. lately? Depending on the neighborhood, most if not all are owned by immigrants. And the CEO of Microsoft and our new Surgeon General are both immigrants, as are many of our coders and high tech technicians, aaaaaand even derivatives traders.
We can't absorb or temporarily support millions more farm workers, hotel maids and day laborers.
Again, the argument is about the job and not the person filling it. The jobs aren't going away any time soon and we need people to fill them. Whoever it is, they won't make much money, regardless of where they're from.
Don't look at me, I just work here.
Brooke

Post by Brooke »

Wabash: They are in the business of selling fear. Fear of immigrants is part of their schtick.
Baloney, they are in the business of telling the American people the truth.

They believe the American people have the right to know what is going on in the world, including if US leaders make dangerous decisions.

Why are you so eager to peddle ignorance? I don't many intelligent folks want to live in a world with their heads buried in the sand or under the rule of a reckless, lying president whose theme/scheme appears to be sacrificing American citizens in favor of illegals and immigrants who endanger the native population.

Maybe the news reports are right that Obama is in the business of replacing the American population with third world people who are easy to control. He makes reckless decisions and doesn't take the advice of his advisers.

Why are you okay with that? Is it because you made two mistakes in voting for him and you hate to be wrong?
Wabash

Post by Wabash »

Baloney, they are in the business of telling the American people the truth.

My post delineating their fear based reporting was deleted.

I can PM it to you if you are interested.

They are no different in selling fear when it comes to immigration.

Brooke

Post by Brooke »

Wabash: True immigration reform like that would be supported by me. Those issues are never on the table.
What do you mean immigration reform?

Those are laws that are on the books now and have been for years!

But, you don't support enforcing immigration laws, which is what your rhetoric on this issue sums up to.

You really need to get yourself informed of what is really going on. You are contradicting yourself.
Brooke

Post by Brooke »

I am not interested Wabash. I watch Fox News and I have no trouble distinguishing between fear based reporting and facts.

Thomas Sowell, a black man, said this recently. It's the same phenomenon but a different issue.
Facts are becoming obsolete, as recent events have demonstrated.

What matters today is how well you can concoct a story that fits people's preconceptions and arouses their emotions. Politicians like New York mayor Bill de Blasio, professional demagogues like Al Sharpton and innumerable irresponsible people in the media have shown that they have great talent in promoting a lynch mob atmosphere toward the police.

Grand juries that examine hard facts live in a different world from mobs who listen to rhetoric and politicians who cater to the mobs.

http://jewishworldreview.com/cols/sowel ... hTwR5DF.99
Wabash

Post by Wabash »

My denied post proved my point. Not going to post it again.

Sowell is a shill. Not worth the bandwidth to read his nonsense. He is part of the fear machine.

broman

Post by broman »

Thomas Sowell is black?