Obama Threatens To Shut Down DHS

Brooke

Obama Threatens To Shut Down DHS

Post by Brooke »

Funds for DHS are set to expire Feb. 27, 2015. Would Obama actually carry through with his threat to shut it down? Wow, it will interesting to see how far this guy will go. And what would the reaction of American citizens be?

President Obama Will Shut Down DHS If Amnesty Not Funded, According to Aide
Dec 30th 2014

During a recent interview, top White House aide Dan Pfeiffer said that President Obama would block funding for the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) if the Republican Congress does not fund his executive action to grant illegal aliens amnesty and work permits.

In the interview, Pfeiffer said that the president would "absolutely not" sign a 2015 spending bill that would include limits on amnesty spending. When asked if President Obama would veto the spending curbs, Pfeiffer replied, "Yep."
https://www.numbersusa.com/news/preside ... rding-aide
Who in their right mind uses a welcome sign to mean people who would come into their home uninvited, paid by their neighbors who are using their illegal labor, overrun the neighborhood, and refuse to leave?
Fordama

Re: Obama Threatens To Shut Down DHS

Post by Fordama »

Bust that whole department up.

Fordama
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK
Troglodyte

Post by Troglodyte »

Busting up Homeland security would be committing political suicide in today's fear driven times..
Obama's threats are just another "red line" that will be shifted around and then denied in the end..
Reining it in would be of benefit to us all. They have become the gestapo and make up their own rules as they go. In my contacts with them I found them rude, arrogant, petty, petulant and extremely thin skinned. They have the attitude that they are above us all and you have to do whatever dance they call or you would be tied up in red tape, paper work and useless badgering until you comply. :steam: You have no rights or recourse..
I don't suffer from any mental illnesses.. I enjoy them..
Brooke

Post by Brooke »

Maybe DHS personnel are rude because their morale is so low, which has been reported.

With Obama ordering them not to do their jobs and all. Can you imagine all the money that is wasted in this government because of Obama's tyranny? Entire agencies have been turned on their heads. He is such an arrogant idiot.

The last election was profound enough to send everyone a message including Obama. But, what does he do? He ignores it and carries on with his own agenda with the will of the people thwarted again. Par for the course, he doesn't take the advice of his advisers either.

What a bloody disaster Obama is. His legacy will be the ugliest of all the presidents.

What is so mind-blowing too, is the fact that he does it in front of millions of people - everyday! It does make sense that in some administrations of the past some things were put in place because the populace was ignorant of what went on, but that excuse cannot be used during these times.

The man has no honor and no shame. But, he is certainly likeable. The entire time he is smiling and charming everyone he is screwing them at the same time.
Who in their right mind uses a welcome sign to mean people who would come into their home uninvited, paid by their neighbors who are using their illegal labor, overrun the neighborhood, and refuse to leave?
crayegg
Oversight Committee

Post by crayegg »

20 years from now Obama will be seen as a great President.

Compare the economy when he took over and how it's doing now.

Smarter immigration policy, instead of trying to deport dishwashers, lawn-mowers and fruit pickers, focus on the violent criminals. Simple yet brilliant.

Foreign policy has been tough at times, but he didn't start the wars that have created the mess, he's doing his best to end them in a responsible way.

All against unprecedented, historically ignorant obstructionism. So often it seems like Obama is the only adult in the room.

Yes, I believe History will look kindly on this administration.

And no, Brooke, I am not going to debate this with you as we all know that is utterly futile. These are simply my opinions.
Wabash

Post by Wabash »

Crayegg, I agree. Obama could have solved for world peace, fed all the hungry, and made the world more prosperous. The Brooke's of the world would still be complaining about something Benghazi.

A couple of months ago Mitch McConnell campaigned on the issue that Obama had presided over a sluggish economy. Now that economic news is all good he is trying to take credit for it. Having yet to do anything.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Сделай Америку великой снова
Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo »

crayegg +1
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump
Troglodyte

Post by Troglodyte »

Sounds like three of our members have been shopping in Colorado... :lol:
Solved world peace, fed the hungry, and made the world more prosperous?? A great president?? :shock:
Pass around that wacky tobaccy...
I doubt even Mother Jones or Obama's own face Book page would make those claims... :-({|=
Vilepagan

Post by Vilepagan »

I don't think you understood what was posted, Trog.
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada
Vilepagan

Post by Vilepagan »

The last election was profound enough to send everyone a message including Obama.

Out of curiosity what was "profound" about the last election, (presumably you're referring to the most recent mid-term election), and what "message" is Obama allegedly ignoring?
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada
Troglodyte

Post by Troglodyte »

Just what do you think I didn't understand, Vile? That Obama could have been a great president, solved world peace, cured hunger and left the world more prosperous if the mean nasty GOP hadn't stopped him?
Apparently the voters in the mid term elections chose a different side, big time..
Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul »

Trog, are you aware of the power struggles in the HOR? Boehner lost twenty five votes, and he canned two important committee chairs. It isn't all sweetness and light in the "new" HOR.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke
Troglodyte

Post by Troglodyte »

Typical when you get all those type "A" egos in one place.. Everyone wants to become the Alpha dog..
Pretty sure the same thing is happening on the other side of the aisle too..
In a week or two things will get back to normal, everyone trying to out BS each other.. :lol:
We need to put fences around the state and national capitols, with "Don't feed the animals" signs posted.
Brooke

Post by Brooke »

Vilepagan: Out of curiosity what was "profound" about the last election, (presumably you're referring to the most recent mid-term election), and what "message" is Obama allegedly ignoring?
* The Senate lost the majority and Harry Reid is no longer the Senate majority leader.
* The House picked up more Republican seats.
* This is the first time since 1928 that the Republicans have won such commanding majorities in the House of Representatives while also dominating the Senate.

According to Thomas Sowell:
The most important thing that happened last week was that the country dodged a bullet. Had the Democrats retained control of the Senate, President Obama could have spent his last two years in office loading the federal judiciary with judges who share his contempt for the Constitution of the United States.

Such judges — perhaps including Supreme Court justices — would have been confirmed by Senate Democrats, and could spend the rest of their lifetime appointments ruling in favor of expansions of federal government power that would make the freedom of “we the people” only a distant memory and a painful mockery.
http://www.lenconnect.com/article/20141 ... z3OH3kXkmA
Brooke

Post by Brooke »

crayegg: Smarter immigration policy, instead of trying to deport dishwashers, lawn-mowers and fruit pickers, focus on the violent criminals. Simple yet brilliant.
Not brilliant at all crayegg; it's a scam on the American people. Please read on. What is your rationale for wanting to protect illegal alien dishwashers, illegals who mow lawns and fruit pickers? Of what benefit are poverty stricken third world people who don't speak English and aren't qualified to succeed in U.S. society? Why would you want them to come here unless you believe that U.S. taxpayers are the world's babysitters? Why would you want U.S. taxpayers to lower their quality of life and subsidize foreign criminals who have no respect for our country, citizens and the rule of law? How does that benefit the USA?
ICE Document Details 36,000 Criminal Alien Releases in 2013
In 2013, ICE freed 36,007 convicted criminal aliens from detention who were awaiting the outcome of deportation proceedings. This group included aliens convicted of hundreds of violent and serious crimes, including homicide, sexual assault, kidnapping, and aggravated assault. The list of crimes also includes more than 16,000 drunk or drugged driving convictions. The vast majority of these releases from ICE custody were discretionary, not required by law (in fact, in some instances, apparently contrary to law), nor the result of local sanctuary policies.
http://cis.org/ICE-Document-Details-360 ... se-in-2013
Screen Shot 2015-01-09 at 1.46.41 AM.png
Brooke

Post by Brooke »

crayegg: All against unprecedented, historically ignorant obstructionism. So often it seems like Obama is the only adult in the room.
You must be talking about Harry Reid, a democrat.
Vilepagan

Post by Vilepagan »

* The Senate lost the majority and Harry Reid is no longer the Senate majority leader.
* The House picked up more Republican seats.
* This is the first time since 1928 that the Republicans have won such commanding majorities in the House of Representatives while also dominating the Senate.

So far I'm not seeing anything "profound" and you didn't mention anything about a "message". I ask because you're claiming that some sort of profound message was relayed during the last election when only ~36% of the eligible voters even bothered to vote. So I ask again, what "message" was sent by 36% of the voters in the last election and why is it a "profound" one?
Vilepagan

Post by Vilepagan »

Apparently the voters in the mid term elections chose a different side, big time.

Apparently we have different ideas about what "big time" might mean. The Republicans did better than the Democrats in the last mid-term election. They didn't win any landslides, they didn't get a "mandate" from the voters, and while I understand your desire to exaggerate the results of the last election, the reality is that the Republicans won a relatively minor victory in an election with the lowest voter turnout in 72 years. Congratulations on your victory and all that, but please don't try to convince me that the last election was some sort of universal repudiation of Obama or his policies by the American people, or some sort of watershed political event.
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

It also has a lot to do with the Republican Party's strategy of concentrating on winning majorities in state legislatures, where the district boundaries are drawn. Democrats missed the boat there and they now realize they won't have a chance of winning many of those seats back until sometime after the 2020 census, at best.
Don't look at me, I just work here.
Brooke

Post by Brooke »

I am not trying to convince anyone. The facts speak for themselves.

A low voter turnout is hardly an endorsement for approving of the current administration, if anything, it is an indication that people are so disgusted they have just given up and there is no hope of turning things around.

In some ways they were right. Obama said he heard them, but as always his arrogance interferes with his comprehension and he chose to flatter himself rather than admit to his failures as the U.S. President.

Obama intends on carrying on with his loopy agenda despite the facts that occurred in front of his face. He respects no one and lives in a world of his own making that has no relation to reality.

Pundits continue to misjudge Obama as a lame duck president. But I believe he is no such thing. He issues ultimatums and carries them out despite what the people want.

He changed the work requirement in welfare reform laws that passed during the Clinton administration. Obamacare was rushed through Congress without Congressional hearings to bring out the facts or air different views. Next are immigration laws.

When Obama went out to play golf after making a statement about Americans being beheaded by terrorists it was thought to be a sign of his political ineptness. It was anything but, it was proof of what kind of man he is.