Obama Threatens To Shut Down DHS

Vilepagan

Re: Obama Threatens To Shut Down DHS

Post by Vilepagan »

not4u posted:

This thread may look interesting to someone wishing to discuss Obama's position on DHS or even illegal immigration in general. The first few posts look promising. Then, a few posts in, Vile (a moderator) calls out a poster on a particular comment made about the election in a much longer post that was, for the most part, on topic.

While I understand and approve of your desire to see discussions stay on topic, I can't agree even slightly with your characterization of my post or the one to which I was responding. Following is Brooke's "much longer post" which you described as "for the most part, on topic". IMO, the bulk of her post was just politically motivated speculation about Obama, and the part to which I responded was the only part worth a response.

Maybe DHS personnel are rude because their morale is so low, which has been reported.

With Obama ordering them not to do their jobs and all. Can you imagine all the money that is wasted in this government because of Obama's tyranny? Entire agencies have been turned on their heads. He is such an arrogant idiot.

The last election was profound enough to send everyone a message including Obama. But, what does he do? He ignores it and carries on with his own agenda with the will of the people thwarted again. Par for the course, he doesn't take the advice of his advisers either.

What a bloody disaster Obama is. His legacy will be the ugliest of all the presidents.

What is so mind-blowing too, is the fact that he does it in front of millions of people - everyday! It does make sense that in some administrations of the past some things were put in place because the populace was ignorant of what went on, but that excuse cannot be used during these times.

The man has no honor and no shame. But, he is certainly likeable. The entire time he is smiling and charming everyone he is screwing them at the same time.
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada
Brooke

Post by Brooke »

Unfortunately for the American people discussing the amount of money to fund DHS is a useless exercise because in following these issues for years there are always last minute maneuvers that pop up. The public has no idea what is going to be cut or what new program will be introduced.

Even the much touted programs such as concentrating on deporting felon criminal illegal aliens turned out to be flat out lies as the records of DHS clearly show. I have posted numbers for posters but, to my recollection, no one has been the least interested. Which is odd, considering the president's job is to secure the country to keep out and deport foreign criminals who prey on American citizens. It doesn't take a genius to see that Obama is failing his most basic duty as president, which is something citizens should be angry about.

Yet, Vilepagan chooses to quibble about the message that was clearly sent by the American people in the last election. He can waste as much of his time on it as he wishes, but I don't intend to. It's done, now we must wait and see what the Republicans are going to do about it.

As far as my speculation about Obama's tactics; I read reams of information almost on a daily basis of what the Obama administration is up to regarding immigration matters. I could spend hours here everyday listing all the dirty tricks and lies this administration pulls on a daily basis. It's disgraceful and shameful. I have plenty of facts to back up my claims. However, no one here will acknowledge them - which is disappointing but expected. I regard that as disgraceful and shameful too because they aren't willing to have discussions based on facts and reality.
Last edited by Brooke on Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Who in their right mind uses a welcome sign to mean people who would come into their home uninvited, paid by their neighbors who are using their illegal labor, overrun the neighborhood, and refuse to leave?
MDDad

Post by MDDad »

I read reams of information almost on a daily basis of what the Obama administration is up to regarding immigration matters.
That is really sad.
Brooke

Post by Brooke »

Really, why is that?

You should be happy that I don't post, but a tiny-tiny percentage of what I read. :lol:

Truth to be told MDDad, I don't appreciate your put-downs. Would it kill you to be polite and stop injecting your insults? Especially, when the subject has nothing to do with you? Why do you guys do that?
Who in their right mind uses a welcome sign to mean people who would come into their home uninvited, paid by their neighbors who are using their illegal labor, overrun the neighborhood, and refuse to leave?
Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul »

The problem is the sources of your info, Brooke...you have proven over the gazillions of years you've been posting here, you use primarily agenda driven conservative web sites, and sometimes far-right reactionary web sites. You contend you have the truth, and no one else does. You have become an annoying road block who simply won't go away. Opinions will vary.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke
Brooke

Post by Brooke »

How audacious of you to pretend that you know anything at all about the sources I use for information! How could you possibly know anything about my sources? You are too lazy to even watch a short video of a radical imam being interviewed that contained a wealth of information BTW.

You shouldn't insult posters' intelligence with your false claims.

BTW, if you have any evidence be sure to post it and be sure to include the supposed lies contained there-in. That will at least show you have some initiative to back up what you have to say, which is something you have not done so far. Just empty insulting words based on nothing.
Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul »

You post links to sources. I open your links and take a look. This isn't rocket science, Brooke.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke
Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul »

Truth to be told MDDad, I don't appreciate your put-downs. Would it kill you to be polite and stop injecting your insults?

The horror. Thank goodness you aren't that kind of rude and insulting person. The nerve of some people.
Brooke

Post by Brooke »

List the sources you are talking about Parrotpaul, how do you label them and why? I want you to be accountable for what you say here. So, be specific.
MDDad

Post by MDDad »

Brooke wrote:Truth to be told MDDad, I don't appreciate your put-downs. Would it kill you to be polite and stop injecting your insults?
Brooke, my comment wasn't intended as an insult. On the contrary, it was an expression of sympathy. I will never understand why someone will spend hours a day reading reams (a ream is 500 pages) of information about a subject that not only consumes them, but clearly makes them incredibly unhappy and frustrated....especially when they can't have any impact on it. I'd much rather spend my time in the pursuit of things that make me happy or contented. You're free to spend your time however you like, but I'm also free to think it's sad.

No insult.
Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul »

List the sources you are talking about Parrotpaul, how do you label them and why? I want you to be accountable for what you say here. So, be specific.

You seem to be under the erroneous impression that I have some obligation to list stuff for you to make what I say valid and credible. Guess what...I don't need your approval. There don't seem to be anxious posters rushing in here to express their disapproval at my "unfounded" comments. I'm thinking what I said is perceived by most in here as being credible and valid.
not4u13

Post by not4u13 »

That you don't see the issue VP is part of the issue. You already knew the answer and baited the poster into focusing on a part of the post that was least relevant. Sure, there is tangential relationships between all sorts of topics. You made a cogent argument for your post being on topic. I get it. I agree with the general sentiment that the topic is really about political gamesmanship. However, even with that broader definition, talking about the election is not on topic. ... And neither is this post.
Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out that going to the mountain is going home; that wildness is necessity; John Muir
http://www.quotesdaddy.com
Vilepagan

Post by Vilepagan »

You already knew the answer and baited the poster into focusing on a part of the post that was least relevant.

I have no idea what answer you thought I already knew, and could you please point out to me the part of Brooke's post you thought was more relevant because I'm not seeing anything in that post but politically motivated griping about Obama.

You made a cogent argument for your post being on topic. I get it.

Yet you're still objecting to it for some reason. I don't get it.
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada
Vilepagan

Post by Vilepagan »

BTW, if you have any evidence be sure to post it and be sure to include the supposed lies contained there-in.

Well, most recently there was the nonsense you heard on FoxNews and repeated here about the "no-go zones" in Britain where it was alleged non-Muslims were not allowed to go.

Then there was all the stuff about Benghazi that turned out to be less than accurate.

All of this stuff you got from your great sources and it turned out to be wrong...yet here you are defending the integrity of your sources and wondering why others don't trust them as well. Can you explain why you rely on sources that are so wrong so often?
Vilepagan

Post by Vilepagan »

As far as my speculation about Obama's tactics...

On the subject of "political maneuvering" it can be frustrating, maddening and all sorts of bad when it takes the place of good governing, but it's a direct result of our "separation of powers" doctrine, and the way our government is set up. No single branch of government has all the power so there will always be some "maneuvering" when dealing with any issue. The more controversial the issue, the more maneuvering we get. Nobody likes it, but changing it would require we rearrange how our entire government is put together and functions.
Brooke

Post by Brooke »

Parrotpaul: You seem to be under the erroneous impression that I have some obligation to list stuff for you to make what I say valid and credible. Guess what...I don't need your approval.
No, Parrotpaul I am not under that impression at all. I was appealing to your honor as a human being. You criticize my sources, but I use FAIR and CIS for the bulk of them who are honorable, credible and truthful sources of information. Therefore, I know you aren't telling the truth nor do you stick your neck out far enough to even name the sources you criticize. Typical.
is perceived by most in here as being credible and valid.
I doubt that. They likely have no idea because I doubt if they have spent the time to do any research. It's a lot easier just to throw insults around and hope that someone on your side automatically remembers something about it someday so they will repeat it if given the chance. Hardly credible. Just incidents of repeating false information, which, of course, mean nothing.
Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul »

We will then agree to disagree.
Brooke

Post by Brooke »

Vilepagan: Well, most recently there was the nonsense you heard on Fox News and repeated here about the "no-go zones" in Britain where it was alleged non-Muslims were not allowed to go.
The no-go-zones are real. I have read about them for several years. If you are talking about the "terrorism expert" and his comment about Birmingham - I didn't see that. Maybe he had a mini-stroke at the time and misspoke. :lol: Anyway, he was wrong as we all know.

We learned about the no-go-zones in France in Oct of 2005.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005_French_riots
Brooke

Post by Brooke »

If you are talking to me, I don't agree to disagree because you are wrong about FAIR and CIS, which as I told is where the bulk of my information comes from regarding immigration issues. They stand behind their reports with cited sources that are often government statistics directly from DHS. Which is something you should have seen if you did click the links I provided in my posts.
Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul »

Cool. Read them all you wish. I'm happy for you. Their stuff doesn't interest me. That doesn't make me wrong. They are still agenda driven web sites. But it isn't my agenda...it's your agenda.