Killed over a pack of cigarettes.

Tommy Tar

Killed over a pack of cigarettes.

Post by Tommy Tar »

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/loc ... /22383351/

The man accused of gunning down a Mesa convenience-store clerk over a pack of cigarettes was facing deportation proceedings but had been released from federal custody on bond, authorities said Monday.

Federal immigration authorities launched the proceedings two years ago against Apolinar Altamirano, but he was released on a $10,000 bond shortly after his conviction on a burglary charge.

The latest order was served on Altamirano on Jan. 19. Three days later, he was accused of first-degree murder in the slaying of Grant Ronnebeck, 21, a Quik Trip clerk who was shot to death after Altamirano dumped a jar of change on a counter at 4 a.m. and demanded a pack of cigarettes.

Ronnebeck initially told Altamirano that he needed to give Ronnebeck the money before he could give him the cigarettes, but Altamirano responded, "You're not gonna take my money," and pointed a gun at the clerk, the document said.

Ronnebeck was handing over the cigarettes to Altamirano when a surveillance video captured Altamirano fatally shooting him and later stepping over his body to grab two packs of cigarettes, according to the court document. Police say they found the cigarettes when they took Altamirano into custody after a high speed chase at 19th Avenue and Buckeye Road in Phoenix.<snip>

Just make me sick.
President Elect Tommy Tar.
Tommy Tar

Teens come together to raise money for murdered QT clerk

Post by Tommy Tar »

http://www.fox10phoenix.com/story/27936 ... d-qt-clerk

APACHE JUNCTION, Ariz. - A group of teens worked to raise money for the funeral expenses of a QuikTrip clerk who was gunned down while at work this past week.

Most of these kids never met 21-year-old Grant Ronnebeck, but they are friends of his youngest brother, so they grabbed buckets of soap and water to wash cars in Apache Junction earlier today.

Early Thursday morning Ronnebeck was working the overnight shift at a QuikTrip in Mesa when he was shot and killed over a pack of cigarettes.

“Well I would hope that if something was to happen close to me that somebody would take the initiative to do something like this, so I thought I needed to do something like that,” said Paige Henderson, who organized the car wash.

Shortly after the shooting, police arrested 29-year-old Apolinar Altamirano, who is in the country illegally. He now faces a handful of charges, including first-degree murder. He is being held on one million dollars bail.
Brooke

Re: Killed over a pack of cigarettes.

Post by Brooke »

It makes me sick too Tommy.
Critics say the shooting is an example of the lax immigration policies put into place by the Obama administration. Directives issued by former ICE director John Morton in 2011 (THE MORTON MEMOS) provided new guidelines for deportations that focused on dangerous criminals with gang ties or who had been convicted of "serious felonies."
Which is an excuse the Obama administration has announced many times to fool Americans into thinking that they are protecting citizens; it isn't true as this case clearly shows. Also the Obama administration has released thousands of illegal alien criminals who had been arrested and convicted of crimes into the public.
"This administration has taken the position that you have to use violence against an American and be convicted of it before they will take notice if you are an illegal alien," said Mark Krikorian, executive director of the Center for Immigration Studies, which advocates for more immigration restrictions.http://www.gopusa.com/news/2015/01/28/i ... t-on-bond/
Who in their right mind uses a welcome sign to mean people who would come into their home uninvited, paid by their neighbors who are using their illegal labor, overrun the neighborhood, and refuse to leave?
Vilepagan

Post by Vilepagan »

Critics say the shooting is an example of the lax immigration policies put into place by the Obama administration.

Critics? Who? My guess it's the people who wrote the article.

It's obvious these "critics" are interested in making political hay out of this young man's tragic death rather than reporting the news.

The state of Arizona had two opportunities to detain this man and they didn't. Why am I not surprised that the "critics" at GOPusa.com blame Obama. Why am I not surprised that they make no mention of how a convicted criminal got his hands on a gun? We can't tick off the NRA by asking that question.

Yeah, this is all Obama's fault. :roll:
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada
Tommy Tar

Post by Tommy Tar »

U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) assumed custody of Mr. Altamirano on January 3, 2013, following his conviction by the Superior Court of Arizona, Maricopa County, for Facilitation of Burglary in the Second Degree," the ICE statement said.

"After reviewing his immigration and criminal history, which showed only this conviction, ICE determined that under applicable law, Mr. Altamirano was eligible for bond. Mr. Altamirano posted a $10,000 bond on January 7, 2013. Mr. Altamirano's removal case was still pending with the immigration courts at the time of his most recent arrest." <snip>

If we don't even removal convicted criminals why even bother with any of this. ](*,)

BTW vile the young man's name is Grant Ronnebeck. He was only 21 and working the graveyard shift so he could pay for community college. And the gun???? Well he is a convicted burglar on the streets. :mex:
Last edited by Tommy Tar on Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
MDDad

Post by MDDad »

Vilepagan wrote:Why am I not surprised that they make no mention of how a convicted criminal got his hands on a gun?
And why am I not suprised that an illegal alien convicted felon is still in this country more than two years after the fact? If our deportation pipeline is so logjammed that it takes two years to deport a felon, then I'd suggest that's the bigger problem.

And I suppose the NRA will come back with a typically asinine comment like, "If we take away people's guns, soon only illegal alien convicted felons with lung cancer will have guns." What more can we expect from them?
Troglodyte

Post by Troglodyte »

Pretty sure NRA doesn't want these guys to have guns any more than you do... :wink:
But then we have conflicting reports....

From the ICE mission statement; Enforcement and Removal Operations LINK

Mission

To identify, arrest, and remove aliens who present a danger to national security or are a risk to public safety, as well as those who enter the United States illegally or otherwise undermine the integrity of our immigration laws and our border control efforts. Enforcement and Removal Operations (ERO) upholds America's immigration laws at, within and beyond our borders through efficient enforcement and removal operations.

In actuality;

Government tells agents to ID which immigrants not to deport
Associated Press Jan 28, 3:15 AM (ET) By ALICIA A. CALDWELL LINK

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Obama administration has ordered immigration agents to ask immigrants they encounter living in the country illegally whether they might qualify under President Barack Obama's plans to avoid deporting them, according to internal training materials obtained by The Associated Press.

Agents also have been told to review government files to identify any jailed immigrants they might be able to release under the program.
I don't suffer from any mental illnesses.. I enjoy them..
Brooke

Post by Brooke »

If anyone wants to see for themselves what Obama is doing to endanger the lives of American citizens then please read this as well as the full article. BTW, one of the authors of the article is a former immigration judge who served in Miami and he served in the DOJ and DOD as well under the Bush administration.
Immigration detainers enable federal agencies to take custody of aliens held by state or local police agencies before their release. According to federal regulations, the detainer "serves to advise another law enforcement agency that the Department seeks custody of an alien presently in the custody of that agency, for the purpose of arresting and removing the alien." Usually, but not always, ICE has been the agency filing the detainer. The Border Patrol has also routinely used detainers in its dealings with sheriffs and police departments whose jurisdictions span the southwest and northern borders.
Disabling Detainers
How the Obama administration has trashed a key immigration enforcement tool

By Mark Metcalf, Dan Cadman January 2015

On November 20, 2014, the president gave a televised nationwide address to speak about the executive actions he would take the next day allowing millions of illegal aliens to live and work in the United States for the next several years. Concurrent with the speech, Jeh Johnson, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) secretary, published a series of 10 memoranda outlining and directing implementation of the various facets of the programs and policies that would constitute this sweeping and, in the view of many, unconstitutional "executive action" relating to immigration matters.

One of those policy memoranda announced an "end" to Secure Communities, a program that uses electronic matching of fingerprints to identify alien criminals in near-real time among the people arrested by police nationwide. Less noticed, but equally important, the memorandum also directed an end to the use of immigration detainers, which enable immigration agents to take custody of arrested aliens at the conclusion of their criminal justice proceedings, and upon release from custody or any sentence imposed for their crimes.
http://cis.org/disabling-detainers
Who in their right mind uses a welcome sign to mean people who would come into their home uninvited, paid by their neighbors who are using their illegal labor, overrun the neighborhood, and refuse to leave?
Brooke

Post by Brooke »

MDDad, the deportation system is not logjammed, it is being systematically dismantled by the Obama administration. Which puts American citizens at risk by keeping violent criminals from being deported, and they are given work permits as well.

In order to legally accuse someone of treason certain criteria must be met, however Obama's actions fit the standard dictionary definitions.

treason
1. the offense of acting to overthrow one's government or to harm or kill its sovereign.
2. a violation of allegiance to one's sovereign or to one's state.
3. the betrayal of a trust or confidence; breach of faith; treachery.
Reconquista Primero

Post by Reconquista Primero »

BrookeBevNoDoubtBJMac: Who cares about the dictionary definition of treason? The Constitution (the "Rule of Law") defines treason. Try an analysis using the proper standard and be sure to include any appellate level cases as part of your evaluation.
We've been through this all before and you were never able to do it. Instead, you just referred back to the dictionary. :roll:
Worst choices for president in my 35 + years of voting.
Brooke

Post by Brooke »

I am not a lawyer RP, so go ahead and show off all you want.

It doesn't change the fact that Obama's actions are treasonous. :roll:

BTW, it is duly noted that your posts are void of the subject matter under discussion. It always centers around claim to be a lawyer. As an American citizen you should be concerned about the actions of our rogue president. He believes himself to be above the law. Why are you so concerned about minor details that Obama would just laugh at?
Reconquista Primero

BevBrookeNoDoubtBJMac: Because any president, it doesn't matter who, it doesn't matter what party, will put it in my pooper no matter what I say or do. The only difference is sweet talk, lubrication and protection against diseases, but the end result is the same: I am violated.
Brooke

Post by Brooke »

OMG! WHERE'S JOHN?
Reconquista Primero

BevBrookeNoDoubtBJMac: You have to report me, dear, to get JQP's attention. When you do so, please make sure you spell my name right. :lol:
Brooke

Post by Brooke »

I already did, now please stop wasting cyberspace.
MDDad

Post by MDDad »

RP wrote:Because any president, it doesn't matter who, it doesn't matter what party, will put it in my pooper no matter what I say or do.
Unfortunate as it may be, I don't remember when I've read truer words.
Reconquista Primero

MDDad: you do realize I am speaking metaphorically, don't you? :shock:
BevBrookeNoDoubtBJMac: If you don't want to know why I am not getting my knickers in a twist over what a politician is doing, then don't ask. :roll:
MDDad

Post by MDDad »

In this case, metaphorically and literally are pretty much the same.
broman

Post by broman »

Brooke wrote:MDDad, the deportation system is not logjammed, it is being systematically dismantled by the Obama administration. Which puts American citizens at risk by keeping violent criminals from being deported, and they are given work permits as well.

In order to legally accuse someone of treason certain criteria must be met, however Obama's actions fit the standard dictionary definitions.

treason
1. the offense of acting to overthrow one's government or to harm or kill its sovereign.
2. a violation of allegiance to one's sovereign or to one's state.
3. the betrayal of a trust or confidence; breach of faith; treachery.
Which recent president enforced immigration laws to your satisfaction? 3.5 million illegals in 1990 and around 12 million today 2015. That's during periods of Republicans and Democrats in charge of the various branches of government.
Brooke

Post by Brooke »

broman, only George W. Bush enforced immigration laws properly and not until his last year in office. He finally got the message after trying twice to push an amnesty through.

It's an odd question; why do you ask?