It is not only the five million illegal aliens who are the parents of U.S. citizens or lawful permanent residents (LPRs) that are being issued work permits. Almost immediately after Obama's November announcement, ICE offices around the country were ordered to go through their caseloads of illegal aliens who were in the process of being deported and start releasing those who were no longer priorities for enforcement. Under this current policy, many illegal aliens who have criminal records and/or prior deportation are getting work permits.
According to media reports, as of the end of 2014, more than 600 detained illegal aliens were freed by the executive action, 200 of whom were in Arizona.
Who gets a "get out of jail free" card?
* Illegal aliens with pending criminal cases;
* Illegal aliens with criminal charges that were dismissed or dropped (sometimes local prosecutors drop charges because they believe the alien will be deported);
* Illegal aliens with significant traffic violations, usually drunk driving, but also vehicle theft and hit-and-run;
* Illegal aliens who have been deported once or many times before, but who have minor or no criminal convictions, and who are often filing last-ditch asylum claims;
* Illegal aliens without criminal convictions who are contesting deportation in protracted court cases (at taxpayer expense), which will now be dropped;
* Illegal aliens already ordered deported who are awaiting travel documents, which in some cases are deliberately delayed by their home countries.
http://cis.org/vaughan/ice-begins-relea ... ns-work-us