maternity hotels.

Tommy Tar

maternity hotels.

Post by Tommy Tar »

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/fed ... ts-n315996

Southern California apartment complexes that doubled as "maternity hotels" for Chinese women who want made-in-America babies were raided early Tuesday, capping an unprecedented federal sting operation, officials said.

NBC News was on the scene as Homeland Security agents swept into the luxury Carlyle in Irvine, California, which housed pregnant women and new moms who allegedly forked over $40,000 to $80,000 to give birth in the United States.

"I am doing this for the education of the next generation," one of the women told NBC News.

None of the women were arrested; they are being treated as material witnesses, and paramedics were on hand in case any of them went into labor during the sweep.

Instead, the investigation was aimed at ringleaders who pocketed hundreds of thousands of dollars tax-free to help Chinese nationals obtain visas and then pamper them until they delivered in an American hospital at a discount, court papers show.

All told, the feds raided 20 locations in Los Angeles, Orange and San Bernardino counties, targeting three competing birth tourism schemes, officials said.

The organizers who allegedly ran the Carlyle site, Chao Chen and Dong Li, used a website to drum up business, touting the benefits of a child with U.S. citizenship: 13 years of free education, low-cost college financial aid, less pollution, and a path for the entire family to emigrate when the child becomes an adult.=snip=

Straight from the horse's mouth.
President Elect Tommy Tar.
Tommy Tar

Re: maternity hotels.

Post by Tommy Tar »

The phenomenon of foreigners coming to the U.S. to have babies is not new but appears to be growing. One study found that 40,000 children a year are born to women here on a travel visa, the affidavit notes.+snip+

40,000 is equal to population of Tustin every year. #-o
President Elect Tommy Tar.
Reconquista Primero

Post by Reconquista Primero »

It sounds like the Constitution should be amended to do away with birthright citizenship. What steps are being taken to get the amendment process underway?
I guess Congress could pass a bill saying saying it is done away with which, assuming the president signs it into law or Congress can override the veto, will trigger a test case in federal court that might make its way to SCOTUS. However, the outcome is less than certain with SCOTUS, so the safer, but more difficult and longer way, is a Constitutional amendment.
Have any of the persons on this forum who complain about birthright citizenship done anything to start the amendment process or do they just complain? :roll:
If you aren't part of the solution then you are part of the problem.
Worst choices for president in my 35 + years of voting.
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

I removed some of the second post. Too much quoting.

Funny that it gets people's attention when it moves to Irvine. It's been going on in the San Gabriel Valley for quite a while.
Don't look at me, I just work here.
Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul »

I hope their kids learn to drive.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke
MDDad

Post by MDDad »

Paul, it's OK. They're Chinese, not Vietnamese.

Second, why should any of this come as a surprise? If hundreds of thousands (or millions) of poor Hispanics can secure social and political rights with citizen babies, why wouldn't one or two hundred million wealthy Chinese attempt to do the same? It was only a matter of time before illicit businesses would arise where illicit demand was going unmet.
cruiser

Post by cruiser »

.....YOUR tax dollars HARD at work!
Troglodyte

Post by Troglodyte »

Paul wrote; "I hope their kids learn to drive."

This from the champion of diversity and nondiscrimination???? :lol:
If you think the Vietnamese Drivers are bad, you haven't seen the Hispanics on weekend nights...
Hit and run, DUI run down to the border and borrow your cousin's ID and come back..
I don't suffer from any mental illnesses.. I enjoy them..
Troglodyte

Post by Troglodyte »

At least the pregnant Chinese women who come here are from wealthy educated families..
That is not to say they are the best candidates. Wealthy educated Chinese who want to come here are from the disgraced members of the politburo or criminal gangs. Not the good guys..
The reinterpretations of the 14th amendment are America's Trojan horse.. SCOTUS created it.
The Supreme Court is loath to contradict past rulings. Most in congress is not willing to sacrifice a few voting percentage points to change the law. The only amendment ever overturned was the 18th (prohibition).
What to do??
Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul »

I don't discriminate...all Irvine residents drive as if their great grandmothers gave them driving lessons in the one horse carriage....got a Mercedes 500....use a Mercedes 500 for what it was designed to do....beat feet not serve as a freeway phone booth for some timid 17 year old hottie.

How come Bev isn't in here carping about these wealthy Chinese thug women beating the system?
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke
Troglodyte

Post by Troglodyte »

I'm particularly PO'd at those Prius drivers doing 55 in the carpool lanes driving solo. That you, Paul? :lol:
Sounds like you added Irvine Mercedes drivers to your list of people you discriminate against. Any more?.
Pretty soon you will become a real person without the PC mask... :shock:
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

And these drivers are... pregnant? I don't see the connection to maternity hotels. Ya know? Like, the topic?
Don't look at me, I just work here.
Troglodyte

Post by Troglodyte »

Maybe some of them were, John. :wink: Whatever, Paul opened that door. Talk to him.
Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul »

I'm thinking you and Brooke share some genes, Trog. It's always someone else's fault.
Brooke

Post by Brooke »

How bloody ironic Parrotpaul! Don't you think forum members have the intellectual capacity to see through your BS?

Talk about desperate.

HEY EVERYBODY! LOOK OVER THERE! HURRY, HURRY!
Who in their right mind uses a welcome sign to mean people who would come into their home uninvited, paid by their neighbors who are using their illegal labor, overrun the neighborhood, and refuse to leave?