What Can Be Done About Obama's Illegal Power Grab?

Brooke

Post by Brooke »

First of all, I should ask who approves of the Obama administration's actions in office so far?
If the Democrats can block any challenges to the president’s unprecedented immigration power grab, what can be done? If Congress can’t (or won’t) stop blatantly illegal actions by the Obama Administration, what do we do now?

For many years, we have been concerned about the prospect of a lawless president dispensing immigration benefits for partisan purposes. While the courts have been less than helpful in preventing past abuses, the magnitude of the current breach is without precedent. This administration has hired extremists – people who are both experts in immigration law and hostile to the public interest — who believe neither in deportation nor numerical and financial limits, and they are using the next two years to cement in place policies and practices that have rendered ICE and the Border Patrol useless.
http://immigrationreform.com/2015/03/06 ... o-be-done/
Who in their right mind uses a welcome sign to mean people who would come into their home uninvited, paid by their neighbors who are using their illegal labor, overrun the neighborhood, and refuse to leave?
Wabash

Re: What Can Be Done About Obama's Illegal Power Grab?

Post by Wabash »

Nothing since it is not illegal.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Сделай Америку великой снова
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

Were you out of town last month, Brooke?
Don't look at me, I just work here.
Fordama

Post by Fordama »

I thought this thread was going to be about the 47 Senators who sent a dubiously legal letter to Iran concerning the ongoing negotiations.

Fordama
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK
Brooke

Post by Brooke »

JQP: Were you out of town last month, Brooke?
Don't know what you mean John? This is about the GOP folding on Obama's illegal power grab to amnesty millions of illegal aliens. DHS has been funded along with Obama's amnesty.
The embarrassing breakdown of leadership. The failure of Congress to defund the DHS-Obama amnesty power grab was enabled by unified Democrats in Congress. Their goal: to change the electorate quickly in that party’s favor. There can be no mistake about their intentions, and America faces a true and urgent immigration crisis as a result. Virtually the entire Democrat Party seems prepared to create a quasi-dictatorship to produce unprecedented immigrant admissions, and to sacrifice the rule of law and fundamental fairness to achieve power – even at the expense of sound finance and Americans who desperately need a chance in a fair labor market, better wages and future prospects. Keep in mind the situation is ripe for over-reach within the Administration. The arrogance of unchecked and absolute power can and will lead to missteps and abuses that must be spotted and exploited for all America to see and hear.http://immigrationreform.com/2015/03/06 ... o-be-done/
Who in their right mind uses a welcome sign to mean people who would come into their home uninvited, paid by their neighbors who are using their illegal labor, overrun the neighborhood, and refuse to leave?
Wabash

Post by Wabash »

Is that website a Comedy Central spinoff?
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Troglodyte

Post by Troglodyte »

You got a link to that, Wabash?
Otherwise...
You missed.jpg
You missed.jpg (11.49 KiB) Viewed 769 times
I don't suffer from any mental illnesses.. I enjoy them..
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

I'm thinking it must be some kind of Wayback Machine spinoff. They don't seem to have gotten Judge Hanen's memo.
Don't look at me, I just work here.
Brooke

Post by Brooke »

What a weird question Wabash. What is your theory about why Obama is so hot and bothered to give amnesty, work permits and social security numbers to millions of illegal aliens residing in the USA? What could it possibly be? We know they don't benefit U.S. society in any way - criminals very rarely do. In fact, they harm our society.

So, what could it be? We know Obama doesn't really love anyone, so it must be a political move of some kind. What do you think? What drives him to inflict this tragedy on my country?
Brooke

Post by Brooke »

No wayback machine John, the two have nothing to do with each other. The judge's ruling has nothing to do with Congress funding Obama's amnesty. In fact, Obama has already subverted the ruling.
Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul »

Why would you even ask the questions if you already have the truth and the answers? Why bother?
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke
Wabash

Post by Wabash »

Brooke wrote:We know they don't benefit U.S. society in any way - criminals very rarely do.
Yeah, because we all know Americans are jumping at the opportunity to pick strawberries for minimum wage.
Brooke wrote:So, what could it be? We know Obama doesn't really love anyone, so it must be a political move of some kind. What do you think? What drives him to inflict this tragedy on my country?
Once again you claim some psychic capability.

Brooke

Post by Brooke »

What answers do I already know Parrotpaul? The big question is how do we stop Obama from subverting the Constitution any further? I don't have an answer for that.

He has already violated the judge's ruling. Can his actions be reversed?

Can he be made to stop and fulfill his oath of office as laid out by the Constitution or does the entire country kowtow to this arrogant narcissist who behaves as though the USA is a banana republic that he can do as he pleases despite our system of government and the rule of law?

What do you think? Do you approve of this president's power grab?
Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul »

The power grab conclusion is yours, not mine.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke
Reconquista Primero

Post by Reconquista Primero »

BrookeBevAdNaseumWhatever wrote: What do you think? Do you approve of this president's power grab?
BrookeEtc:
This is a "are you still beating your wife?" question. If you rephrased it to not make it quite so argumentative and conclusory, you might get a better response.
No charge for my excellent advice. :D
Worst choices for president in my 35 + years of voting.
Brooke

Post by Brooke »

How could you conclude that Obama's actions are not a power grab? What would you call it? How do you define it?
Law prof: Obama power grab threatens to make president 'government unto himself'
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2014/02/ ... o-himself/
Please read the paragraph below. It's frightening and stunning that many members of Congress are so bloody stupid.
The president's power grab

Recently, a bizarre scene unfolded on the floor of the House of Representatives that would have shocked the framers of the Constitution. In his State of the Union address, President Obama announced that he had decided to go it alone in areas where Congress refused to act to his satisfaction. In a system of shared powers, one would expect an outcry or at least stony silence when a president promised to circumvent the legislative branch. Instead, many senators and representatives erupted in rapturous applause; they seemed delighted at the notion of a president assuming unprecedented and unchecked powers at their expense.
http://articles.latimes.com/2014/mar/09 ... s-20140309
Obama's power grab: Column

The common thread running through his scandals is an abuse of power.

"How ironic is that? We wanted a president that listens to all Americans -- now we have one." That was Jay Leno's take on the Obama administration's expanding NSA spying scandal, which has gone beyond Verizon phone records to include Google, Facebook, Yahoo and just about all the other major tech companies except, apparently, for Twitter.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2 ... n/2405991/
Brooke

Post by Brooke »

What does picking strawberries have to do with the president welcoming and encouraging illegal alien criminals to join American society? Really Wabash, can you explain this bizarre statement?

No psychic ability is required. The only way to judge individuals is to base our conclusions on how they behave. All of Obama's actions are destructive to the USA and its citizens, why don't you know that?
Vilepagan

Post by Vilepagan »

All of Obama's actions are destructive to the USA and its citizens, why don't you know that?

Because he's not you.
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada
Brooke

Post by Brooke »

Evaluate his actions Vilepagan, there can be only one conclusion if you are honest.
Vilepagan

Post by Vilepagan »

According to you. You imagine that it's a matter of honesty, when it's simply a difference of perspective, or opinion.
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada