Is There More California Can Do For Illegal Aliens?

Brooke

Is There More California Can Do For Illegal Aliens?

Post by Brooke »

California citizens are already forced to provide illegal aliens with driver's licenses, in-state tuition benefits, Cal Grants to supplement the in-state tuition fees, professional licenses, prohibits state and local police from honoring most ICE detainer requests, to name a few.

Are there anymore benefits and services that California citizens can bestow on illegal aliens? As a matter of fact, the CA legislature has a ten-bill package of new goodies for illegal aliens they hope to enact this year.

✖︎ At the top of the list is getting every illegal alien in the state taxpayer funded health insurance.

[tab=30]▶︎ One bill would make the estimated 1.5 million uninsured illegal aliens in California eligible for Medi-Cal, the state-run health care program for the poor.
[tab=30]▶︎ For the estimated 300,000 illegal aliens whose incomes are too high to qualify for Medi-Cal, State Senator Ricardo Lara (D-Bell Gardens) has a bill that would seek federal permission for them to buy subsidized health insurance through the state exchange set up under Obamacare.
Illegal aliens are explicitly excluded from purchasing insurance through state exchanges established under the Affordable Care Act, but the Obama administration rarely lets a little thing like the law get in the way of doing what it wants. But, just in case, Lara proposes that California establish a separate health insurance exchange if the feds deny California’s request. http://immigrationreform.com/2015/04/08 ... al-aliens/
Who in their right mind uses a welcome sign to mean people who would come into their home uninvited, paid by their neighbors who are using their illegal labor, overrun the neighborhood, and refuse to leave?
Brooke

Re: Is There More California Can Do For Illegal Aliens?

Post by Brooke »

"Our message to other states and to members of Congress in Washington, D.C., is that there's nothing to be afraid of," said Senate leader Kevin de León (D-Los Angeles). "What is it that we fear in embracing the millions of human beings that are already living in our communities?" Other items on the Legislature’s ten-point list include:

* New civil rights protections for illegal aliens.
* Requiring police to fill out applications for T and U visas on behalf of illegal aliens who are victims of certain crimes. This bill, SB 674, is co-sponsored by Senate Leader Kevin de León (D-Los Angeles) and Assembly Speaker Toni Atkins (D-San Diego).

Here is the brilliant message that Senate leader Kevin de Leon wants to send.
"Our message to other states and to members of Congress in Washington, D.C., is that there's nothing to be afraid of," said Senate leader Kevin de León (D-Los Angeles). "What is it that we fear in embracing the millions of human beings that are already living in our communities?" http://www.latimes.com/local/politics/l ... story.html
Last edited by Brooke on Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Who in their right mind uses a welcome sign to mean people who would come into their home uninvited, paid by their neighbors who are using their illegal labor, overrun the neighborhood, and refuse to leave?
crayegg
Oversight Committee

Post by crayegg »

Yay!! :cheers:
Wabash

Post by Wabash »

Answering the question
There is a lot more that can be done.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Сделай Америку великой снова
Brooke

Post by Brooke »

You forgot to finish your sentence Wabash.

There is a lot more to be done to the detriment of American citizens. Are you a U.S. citizen?
Brooke

Post by Brooke »

How about answering this one Wabash?
Kevin de Leon"What is it that we fear in embracing the millions of human beings that are already living in our communities?"
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

Brooke, you're asking Wabash to explain how you think. I don't think he'd be the one to ask about that.
Don't look at me, I just work here.
Troglodyte

Post by Troglodyte »

:lol: Two negative poles repel each other.. :slapfight:
States do have rights and the feds, under this administration, have been pretty selective as to what laws they will enforce, and which they chose to ignore.. The result is chaos and a breakdown of all laws.. Time to scrap the whole thing and start over, logically..
I don't suffer from any mental illnesses.. I enjoy them..
Brooke

Post by Brooke »

No John, that is not how I think at all. It is progressives like the pinheads in Sacramento that talk about fear and folks who approve of mass immigration of third world nationals into the United States who cannot speak English, are not educated, and are poverty stricken. In other words who do not belong here.

It's not about fear at all, but pure disgust and anger that there are Americans who actually think that ruining their own country and the quality of life for everyone is a noble thing to do. Or rather that is what they want people to think. This holds true especially for politicians who everyone knows just want to hold onto their jobs even if they betray the Americans who elected them to office in the first place.

There is no honor or honesty involved in mass immigration. Because those who want to believe that are betraying their own country and fellow citizens. It's sheer stupidity and false self-flattery.
MDDad

Post by MDDad »

Brooke wrote:...who cannot speak English, are not educated, and are poverty stricken. In other words who do not belong here.
Brooke, I was five years old when my parents brought me and my two-year-old brother to this country. None of us spoke English, my father had only a first-grade education, and we were poor as dirt. Do you think we don't belong here?
Troglodyte

Post by Troglodyte »

There are always exceptions, MDdad.. Mostly though, the poor and uneducated tend to pass that trait onto their kids.
That is true whether their children are immigrants or US citizens. No amount of "help" freebies or enticements will change that unless the kids themselves and their parents are willing to change.
ShiftyMutt

Post by ShiftyMutt »

I'm more worried about the rich and uneducated than the poor and uneducated.
Brooke

Post by Brooke »

Trog is right, MDDad, there are always exceptions. Did your family come legally or illegally?

Besides, you what this is all about - mass immigration. No need to get side-tracked like most threads that I create on this board. Why don't you weigh in about the topic of the thread? Do you approve of giving more illegal aliens benefits?
Brooke

Post by Brooke »

Screen Shot 2015-04-11 at 2.09.57 PM.png
Brooke

Post by Brooke »

MDDad: Brooke, I was five years old when my parents brought me and my two-year-old brother to this country. None of us spoke English, my father had only a first-grade education, and we were poor as dirt. Do you think we don't belong here?
Truth to be told MDDad, if your family did come in legally then they were required to have a sponsor. Because the U.S. immigration system is set up to reject people who could easily become public charges. It is not in the best interests of the USA to import poor people with little education and don't speak English.

The dems seem to forget that the USA is not a big charity. Americans are struggling to make ends meet.
MDDad

Post by MDDad »

Brooke wrote:Did your family come legally or illegally?
We came legally, thank you, as it would have been pretty challenging to swim across the Atlantic under cover of darkness. We were sponsored by my uncle and aunt, and the pastor of their Roman Catholic parish.

You implied that immigrants who don't speak English, are uneducated or poor don't belong here. That's wrong. What determines whether or not they belong here is whether or not they arrived here legally and in numbers that we've determined are acceptable.
Brooke wrote:No need to get side-tracked like most threads that I create on this board.
With all due respect, Brooke, for every one of your threads that gets side-tracked, there are many more that you hijack with your favorite subject.
Brooke wrote:Why don't you weigh in about the topic of the thread? Do you approve of giving more illegal aliens benefits?
I've weighed in on the subject of illegal immigration many times, and no, I don't approve of giving illegal aliens additional benefits. The fact that I tend not to say so with the same degree of nastiness and vitriol that you sometimes do, or that I don't see the need to repeat my position 18,000 times, doesn't detract from it.
Wabash

Post by Wabash »

John Q. Public wrote:Brooke, you're asking Wabash to explain how you think. I don't think he'd be the one to ask about that.
JQP, the question being asked is:

"Is There More California Can Do For Illegal Aliens?"

The answer is absolutely "yes."

Had the question been:

"Should California Do More For Illegal Aliens?"

Then the answer would have been, "depends!"
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Сделай Америку великой снова
Brooke

Post by Brooke »

Nobody cares Wabash. :roll:
Brooke

Post by Brooke »

MDDad, you may not understand that whenever I create a new thread it is usually because something new has popped up. Like with this thread. Sacramento politicians are gearing up to give illegal aliens about ten more benefits than they have now.

For someone who disapproves of the illegal alien problem, you remain mostly silent. I don't get that. This is another outrage, how can you stay silent?

If you stay silent here then you don't contact your reps do you? Just wondering.
Troglodyte

Post by Troglodyte »

The whole idea behind immigration is to assimilate into the adopted society and become a productive member.
What we have under the current illegal immigration situation is not that. It is either suck as much out of our country as possible and send the money back home, or colonize this country and take it over (they call it taking it back) and demand even more to be done for them. In both cases there is no attempt to assimilate or become a benefit.