Clinton Charms DREAMers On Immigration

Parrotpaul

Clinton Charms DREAMers On Immigration

Post by Parrotpaul »

Hillary's on the stump, and she aims to put the L back into liberal....:)

When it comes to energizing Latino voters, a group of young people who can't even vote plays an outsized role.

They are known as DREAMers — undocumented immigrants, brought to the country by their parents when they were kids. Now they're a political force.

Hillary Clinton sat down with a small group of DREAMers on Tuesday at Rancho High School at the heart of the growing Latino community in Las Vegas. She said it was time to provide immigrants in the country illegally with a path to citizenship. But she didn't stop there, staking out positions on immigration that put her to the left of President Obama and the controversial executive actions he took last fall.

"I will fight to stop partisan attacks on the executive actions that would put DREAMers — including many with us today — at risk of deportation," she said. "And, if Congress refuses to act, as president I will do everything possible under the law to go even further."

"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke
Troglodyte

Re: Clinton Charms DREAMers On Immigration

Post by Troglodyte »

Another shot in the foot.. There's a bigger group of voters who are anti-illegal immigration than illegal non-voters. :wink:
Told you she would do her self in...
I don't suffer from any mental illnesses.. I enjoy them..
Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul »

You mean I missed something....like an election?
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

Trog wrote:Another shot in the foot.. There's a bigger group of voters who are anti-illegal immigration than illegal non-voters.
Lessee... 270 million registered, citizen, active, Hispanic voters vs. a couple far-right guys who might accidentally check the "Hillary" box.... Boy, that's gonna hurt.
Don't look at me, I just work here.
Wabash

Post by Wabash »

JQP, that's some hard math to comprehend for many.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Сделай Америку великой снова
Brooke

Post by Brooke »

Do I read that right, 270 million Hispanic voters John? Do you want to revise that?
Who in their right mind uses a welcome sign to mean people who would come into their home uninvited, paid by their neighbors who are using their illegal labor, overrun the neighborhood, and refuse to leave?
Brooke

Post by Brooke »

It may come as a surprise to some, but not all Hispanics approve of illegal immigration or mass immigration. Some of them are smart enough to know that they are the competition in a nation with scarce jobs.
Who in their right mind uses a welcome sign to mean people who would come into their home uninvited, paid by their neighbors who are using their illegal labor, overrun the neighborhood, and refuse to leave?
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

Oops. Sorry. Knock a zero off of that. 27 million. But that's not counting all the people who realize that dreamers are American for all intents and purposes, so 270 million might be fairly close anyway.
Don't look at me, I just work here.
Brooke

Post by Brooke »

It is also no surprise that Hillary fully approves of the illegal invasion of the United States. She always has and she also fits the mold of the stereotypical liberal who supports lawlessness.

Liberal policies are failures, so where does the arrogance come from? It must be what Thomas Sowell calls ignorant arrogance.
Brooke

Post by Brooke »

Not really John, most countries have changed their laws and now will not bestow birthright citizenship on those who are not citizens. This is as it should be. My two children were born in Japan and they are not Japanese citizens. The Japanese bestow citizenship on babies born to Japanese fathers only. I don't agree with that, but I understand why they do it considering their culture.

I do agree with the Japanese in feeling that Japanese citizenship is special and should not be given willy-nilly to anyone who happens to give birth on Japanese soil.

Finally, it is absurd to bestow citizenship on babies whose parents are illegally in the USA. Of what benefit is that to our country and citizens?
Wabash

Post by Wabash »

Thomas who?
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

MDDad

Post by MDDad »

After reading the entire article, I have to say, Hillary can make even pandering look worse. I now wonder if she has a sincere bone in her body.
Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul »

File this one, MDDAD...you can use it as evidence she lied to get elected after election night November 2016.
Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul »

Here's a pretty good analysis of Hillary's position...her support of Obama's executive order if needed...how Hispanics will react to this position, and some data about what the DREAM Act does and what it doesn't do.

1 Hillary Clinton's first campaign speech on immigration told activists exactly what they hoped they'd hear — and much better than they expected to hear — from the likely Democratic presidential nominee.

2 Clinton promised Tuesday that she would not only support President Obama's executive actions to protect millions of unauthorized immigrants from deportation, but would expand them to allow more immigrants to apply for protection and work permits.

3 Clinton said she wanted Congress to pass comprehensive immigration reform with a "full and equal" path to citizenship, but also stressed that she'll take further executive action if Congress doesn't pass a bill.

4 The executive actions President Obama proposed in 2014 are currently on hold because of a lawsuit over whether they're constitutional, but many are confident that the administration will win the court battle and the programs will be allowed to go into effect.

5 Two of Clinton's potential Republican opponents, Jeb Bush and Marco Rubio, support allowing unauthorized immigrants to earn legal status, but haven't said that would lead to citizenship. And none of them has promised to allow the 2014 executive actions to go into effect.

<snip>
http://www.vox.com/2015/5/5/8557271/cli ... tion-Obama
Wabash

Post by Wabash »

MDDad, I'm going to enjoy reading your commentary after she wins.

Her pandering is no worse than the nutcases the GOP is putting up as opposition.

When Carly Fiorina can claim she was a successful corporate executive one knows right away the opposition is through the looking glass.

MDDad

Post by MDDad »

I'm already on record as saying she's going to win. If she does, I can claim great wisdom, and if she doesn't, I can claim great relief. It's a win-win.

And by the way, the fact that the GOP has nothing but an array of midgets to throw against her doesn't make her any less of a lying witch.
Fordama

Post by Fordama »

Put me in the camp of "I don't think she's going to win the nomination."

Fordama
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK
Wabash

Post by Wabash »

I think there is a good chance you might be right....or correct.

crayegg
Oversight Committee

Post by crayegg »

Really? What candidate do you think will win the Democratic nomination, Bernie Sanders? I like the guy a lot but cannot see him wining a national election.

Warren has consistently shown zero inclination to throw her hat in the ring this time around, and she appears to be the ONLY viable demo opposition to Hilary.

I, like many, may have to hold my nose a tiny bit to pull the lever for Hilary, but any current republican alternative is out of the question, for the good of the country, in my opinion.
Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul »

Yep...I'm pretty much in agreement. Better Hillary than all the rest.