Clinton Charms DREAMers On Immigration

Wabash

Re: Clinton Charms DREAMers On Immigration

Post by Wabash »

Sadly, denial doesn't seem to go out of style either.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Сделай Америку великой снова
Brooke

Post by Brooke »

Who in their right mind uses a welcome sign to mean people who would come into their home uninvited, paid by their neighbors who are using their illegal labor, overrun the neighborhood, and refuse to leave?
Troglodyte

Post by Troglodyte »

Wabash, your denial of her "denial" doesn't make a positive... If you have a better idea, spit it out...
The whole idea of a "discussion" board is to brain storm better ideas, not brain bash each other.
Most reasonable people would agree that rewarding negative behavior is counterproductive.
Giving tuition breaks to the "dreamers" while increasing tuition to all others is dead wrong.
The dream act is pandering to a few while disrespecting those who did it right. It may garner a few illegal votes from those who benefit, and the thoughtless neurotics who support them, but in the long run it will alienate those who play by the rules.
I, for one, am $100,000+ deep in my grandson's college education and am highly pissed..
I don't suffer from any mental illnesses.. I enjoy them..
Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul »

But when he graduates from that prestigious college, he will be able to repay you and then some...doctor? Lawyer? Engineer? MBA?
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke
Troglodyte

Post by Troglodyte »

Repay me, Paul?? Oh, that's right you don't have any kids or grand kids... :lol: (Not a dig)
The only repayment I expect is that he lives a productive life. I consider it his only inheritance..
BTW, it's an MBA and he is already earning pretty good at his side job while going to school.
I may be off the hook for his last year... I hope.. :lol: SF is an expensive town.
Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul »

Repay me, Paul?? Oh, that's right you don't have any kids or grand kids... :lol: (Not a dig)

Then why did you bother to post it?
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke
Troglodyte

Post by Troglodyte »

Is that a problem for you, Paul?? Having kids ain't all it's cracked up to be. Added headaches and responsibilities.
You made your choices, be proud of them. Kinda late to rethink, regret, or get all sensitive.. :wink:
I wouldn't take a $Million for either of my kids, but I wouldn't give a nickel for another one.
I found out, too late, that I wasn't ready or fit to be a father. Got a vasectomy right after my son was born, a year later I was a single father.. My kids often tease me that they raised me, not the other way round. By God, they were right..
Last edited by Troglodyte on Tue May 12, 2015 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MDDad

Post by MDDad »

Trog wrote:I wouldn't take a $Million for either of my kids, but I wouldn't give a nickel for another one.
Absolutely right. If either of my sons needed a heart transplant, I'd give them mine in a second. But there's a reason I had a vasectomy less than two weeks after the second one was born.
Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul »

Is that a problem for you, Paul?? Having kids ain't all it's cracked up to be. Added headaches and responsibilities.

Sounds as if it's more your problem than mine.
Troglodyte

Post by Troglodyte »

I'm not the one who gets all bent out of shape at the mere mention of not having kids, Paul...
Brooke

Post by Brooke »

Trog: Wabash, your denial of her "denial" doesn't make a positive... If you have a better idea, spit it out...
He not only doesn't have a better idea, he cannot even bring himself to accept reality. It's impossible to have intelligent discussions with people who are too afraid to accept what is.
Who in their right mind uses a welcome sign to mean people who would come into their home uninvited, paid by their neighbors who are using their illegal labor, overrun the neighborhood, and refuse to leave?
Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul »

I'm not the one who gets all bent out of shape at the mere mention of not having kids, Paul...It really is, Trog. You love to bring it up[, and I understand that....it pisses you off...it's about those choices we all make.
Brooke

Post by Brooke »

How many kids have you raised Trog?
Troglodyte

Post by Troglodyte »

No sweat off my ass, Paul.. People don't bother me with anything they say..
Even if you keep me on speed dial every time I make a post. Kinda flattering, really.
Follows me around like a puppy..
Troglodyte

Post by Troglodyte »

Two, Brooke, one of each.. Three grand kids now.. Hope that's it.. :lol:
Brooke

Post by Brooke »

Parrotpaul: But when he graduates from that prestigious college, he will be able to repay you and then some...doctor? Lawyer? Engineer? MBA?
This is fascinating Parrotpaul. I cannot imagine any parent expecting pay back from financing their kids through college. It's part of the deal; it's what parents do to raise their kids.

You really don't get parenthood do you?
Brooke

Post by Brooke »

Congratulations Trog. I would ask you how you managed to raise your kids while being a sea captain. But, I will save that for another day. :D
Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul »

I paid back my parents for fronting my cost for college. I also repaid the loan they made to me for a car and for our down payment on our first home. My parents weren't wealthy. Perhaps there is a great deal you don't get about kids raised in families whose parents punched time clocks their entire working lives.

Being a parent was your choice. It wasn't ours. I spent an entire career observing the results of parenting....good parenting, not so good parenting, and who TF let those folks breed kind of parenting. Never wanted to get involved in that kind of life style....too much other stuff to do.
Troglodyte

Post by Troglodyte »

I always figured that the best education I could provide for my kids would be their only inheritance.
I'm proud of how they both turned out despite my lack of experience and spotty example.
Anything I have left over belongs to my wife, although she says she will share.
Today is our 19th anniversary, she deserves a medal for putting up with me this long. \:D/ .
Brooke

Post by Brooke »

Congratulations on your wedding anniversary Trog!