Looks like Brooke was on to something..

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Re: Looks like Brooke was on to something..

Post by John Q. Public »

Wabash wrote:Because outsourcing Americans for foreign cheaper labor is the new normal.
Replacing American workers with any cheaper labor is the new normal. It doesn't have to be imported. This thread didn't have to be in Immigration. The same thing has been going on for 30 or 40 years. This newest version just happens to have accent.
Don't look at me, I just work here.
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

Trog wrote:Kinda hard to keep up the profit margin when taxes, regulations, and new legislatives giveaways cut into the bottom line. In order to keep those profits coming, or get priced out of the marketplace, the companies have to cut somewhere.
"The Walt Disney Co. ended its fiscal year on a significant high note, reporting a record $48.8 billion in sales, up 8%, and 22% improvement in net income of $7.5 billion :shock: ("emphasis" mine), handily besting analysts’ expectations."

http://variety.com/2014/biz/news/record ... 201349798/

It's Sunday and I'm feeling generous. Take a Mulligan.
Troglodyte

Post by Troglodyte »

Disney is looking to upgrade it's parks and add new attractions to keep people coming.. Then it has to do a massive makeover of its security systems, some to thwart terrorists attacks which it is a juicy target, but mostly to head off spurious law suits and injury claims. They have been slammed by generous juries too often.
Remember they not only have parks in Anaheim and Orlando, but Paris and Japan, plus their cruise ship and Island getaway. They trying to keep away from a LEGOLAND reputation. Their flicks haven't been doing all they should eother. Takes money in the bank to stay ahead of the curve for most companies.
I don't suffer from any mental illnesses.. I enjoy them..
Wabash

Post by Wabash »

They have plenty of cash for all that you believe is part of their future re-investment.

Facts don't support your claim that corporations are barely getting by. In fact just the opposite.

The stagnation in wages at the lower levels is only proof that trickle down economics is a scam.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Сделай Америку великой снова
Troglodyte

Post by Troglodyte »

Yeah. Yeah. Wabash. We've all heard your rant before.. About three times in this thread alone..
Companies know the government hype isn't what's really happening out there. They still have a way to go to make sure their companies remain solvent, and hope they can put a lid on the politicians before they give the whole economy away. Give those "poor illegals" free health care, reduced tuition, free breakfast, lunch and dinner at the schools. Guarantee time off to care for granny, in-laws and nephews for everyone, Build super trains where none are needed, and all the rest of the vote for me BS.. Raise taxes to pay for every whim, make regulations to cover every squeaky wheel and have companies prove they are not breaking the law. Pass ridiculous requirements to make themselves feel better.. ](*,)
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

Trog, Disney increased it's profits by 22% last year. Most businesses would love to be half that "solvent."
Wabash

Post by Wabash »

Troglodyte wrote:Yeah. Yeah. Wabash. We've all heard your rant before.. About three times in this thread alone..
Yeah. Yeah. Trog. We've all heard your rant before.. About three times in this thread alone.. Those poor corporations and barely making ends meet and the CEO's are all putting recaps on their new Benz's.

Give them more tax breaks and de-regulate them even more. We live in a world where, thanks to the drumbeat of people like you, most of the poultry on our markets is now tainted with salmonella, our oil wells and pipelines are not kept safe from catastrophic blowouts, our financial system is at the mercy of profiteers whose avarice would make Scrooge himself blush, and our coal miners toil in “self regulated” conditions that would have outraged our great-grandparents. All resulting from one source: the reflexive “anti-big-government” mania that feeds itself on the myth that the unregulated market will “protect us” all from bad things happening, in these and other areas too numerous to mention. Is there a better example of a failed ideology in modern history?

Your defense of the corporatists is remarkable when one considers that corporate welfare is now estimated at almost a $100B (wtih a 'b") per year. Your desire to see bogeymen in the form of illegal immigrants is remarkable when the real culprits draining the public treasuries are the very entities you defend. I believe you are a victim of Stockholm Syndrome.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Troglodyte

Post by Troglodyte »

Kinda hard to hire people and think about raising salaries when your product is sitting on the shelf gathering dust and no new orders are coming in..

All these $Billions you are crowing about Wabash is cash flow.. Not profit.. A company has to keep the money moving in order to keep the government from claiming it all as taxes owed...
Most of that "Profit" is stock price.. The only reason for market highs is the artificially low interest rates. Borrow money at 0.25% and possibly make 5% on it is good business sense. As soon as Yellen decides to raise the interest rate (June or September) it will make 2008 look like a slight blip in the economy.
Last edited by John Q. Public on Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed the unexplained links
Wabash

Post by Wabash »

Call it whatever you want. Corporate entities are experiencing record cash flow. JQP pointed that out.

Your fealty to this failed policy and group is duly noted. They are doing their very best to destroy the social fabric of America. I'm sure they appreciate your cheering them on while they sell you the rope that will be used to hang you.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

Trog wrote:Kinda hard to hire people and think about raising salaries when your product is sitting on the shelf gathering dust and no new orders are coming in..
Frozen_Wide.jpg
I gave you your Mulligan. You're just wasting strokes, now.
Troglodyte

Post by Troglodyte »

It's a lot cheaper to get a "feel better" when buying a $12 movie ticket, or $6 Starbucks, when you can't afford a new car or refrigerator. :wink: Psyc 1A
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

No "feel better," Trog. Your company that had to outsource its IT work to avoid insolvency owns the kids' aisles these days. They're obviously raking in money hand over fist.
Brooke

Post by Brooke »

Wabash wrote: Obviously you do animosity towards American capitalism. Because outsourcing Americans for foreign cheaper labor is the new normal.
That goes against what our country stands for. How can patriotic Americans support a perverse policy that ruins the lives of American workers? Like you for example.

It makes no sense for the American people to elect representatives who betray their constituents. Do you agree or not?

Also, why is it that when something new comes along certain Americans are eager to jump on the bandwagon no matter how destructive it is to their own country and fellow citizens?

I remember on the old ocregister.com forum when outsourcing became a new subject of discussion. Some forum members were beside themselves with joy. Because it was going to mean that China would become a democracy for pete's sake. And the hope for China's success was so exciting. We all see how that turned out. Another case of gullible Americans making fools out of themselves.
Who in their right mind uses a welcome sign to mean people who would come into their home uninvited, paid by their neighbors who are using their illegal labor, overrun the neighborhood, and refuse to leave?
Brooke

Post by Brooke »

JQP wrote: Replacing American workers with any cheaper labor is the new normal. It doesn't have to be imported. This thread didn't have to be in Immigration. The same thing has been going on for 30 or 40 years. This newest version just happens to have accent.
I disagree John. How can it be true that employers have replaced workers for cheaper workers for 30 to 40 years! Then the quality of life would have gone down in this country instead of improving.

Since when do Americans apply for jobs that will pay them less than what is being currently paid?

Honestly John, how can you not see how humiliating it is for American workers to be replaced by foreign workers? Especially when regulations require that the replacements must be paid the same wages. Which is a great big fat lie!

Is your view that of a globalist? Do you not feel any ownership for your own country? How can you be born and raised here and have that kind of attitude, if indeed you do? Will you explain please? I really don't get it when Americans don't feel that the USA is their home.
Who in their right mind uses a welcome sign to mean people who would come into their home uninvited, paid by their neighbors who are using their illegal labor, overrun the neighborhood, and refuse to leave?
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

Brooke wrote:How can it be true that employers have replaced workers for cheaper workers for 30 to 40 years! Then the quality of life would have gone down in this country instead of improving.
Duh. While you've spent the last few years anguishing over who's washing your car, many of us have been talking about the deteriorating quality of life for middle-class Americans. Sorry you missed it.
Honestly John, how can you not see how humiliating it is for American workers to be replaced by foreign workers? Especially when regulations require that the replacements must be paid the same wages. Which is a great big fat lie!
I repeat, THEY DON'T WORK FOR DISNEY! Their employer can pay them whatever they're willing to work for.
Brooke

Post by Brooke »

JQP wrote: Duh. While you've spent the last few years anguishing over who's washing your car, many of us have been talking about the deteriorating quality of life for middle-class Americans. Sorry you missed it.
Where is the information about Americans taking other Americans jobs for less pay? I have not come across that - ever. And you don't have to be rude John. We are discussing a topic; I am asking you questions, not insulting you. :eh?:
JQP wrote: I repeat, THEY DON'T WORK FOR DISNEY! Their employer can pay them whatever they're willing to work for.
I know that, but it is a scam and you must know that. It was set up by our elected representatives who are at the beck and call of special interest lobbyists.

I repeat, this country is set up for American citizens to elect representatives to look after our best interests and that of the country. You know that bringing in cheap guest workers doesn't comport with that.

How can that be alright with you? You are an American and these slimy, sleazy policies hurt your country and fellow citizens.
Troglodyte

Post by Troglodyte »

John wrote; "I repeat, THEY DON'T WORK FOR DISNEY! Their employer can pay them whatever they're willing to work for."

And there lies the rub... Whoever wrote the laws and regs left a huge loop hole that was leaped on by those corporate lawyers and accountants in order to save a few bucks. We'll never see our politicos and bureaucrats say ooops and rewrite these unintended consequences. They only understand how to write impressive looking stuff and have long committee meetings in order to spread the shame. , not how it really works in the marketplace. To admit they made a boo boo wouldn't look good on their CV, and their friends and detractors will never let them forget it. Quick, slap a patch on it and maybe no one will notice.
Brooke

Post by Brooke »

Trog, it was done on purpose. Some years ago, the elite decided that Americans have had it good for too long. It's time Americans sacrificed their middle class lives and should be taken down a notch or two to be on par with other workers around the world.

It has to do with the elite making more and more money and obtaining more and more power over the masses.

What I don't understand is Americans who agree with it. The elites have no respect for the middle and lower classes.

The negotiators for free trade agreements have been working for foreigners all along and Americans be damned.

Which is just the opposite of who they represent. Other countries make no bones about whose interests they protect, but not Americans. For a country of supposedly independent thinkers the American public is easily duped into taking up dumb causes at their own expense.
afan95

Post by afan95 »

Damage done Disney, but thanks for not firing your IT people...too much bad press PLUS Edison being investigated by the government over their outsourcing practices.
It's my Board and I will censor you when I feel like it JQP
Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul »

Could you please copy and paste enough of the story so we can make some sense out of your post...I don't have a WSJ subscription. Thanks.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke