Illegal immigration: wrong then, wrong now

Credo ut intelligam

Illegal immigration: wrong then, wrong now

Postby Credo ut intelligam » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:45 pm

Remember when the Democrats used to talk tough on illegal immigration? President Trump reminds us:

But, according to Ms. Pelosi, a border wall--or fence, or barrier, whatever you want to call it--is "immoral." However, border security is national security, and happens to be one of the handful of tasks in which sole authority is vested in the Federal government. Chuck and Nancy are on the wrong side of this issue.

Credo ut intelligam

Re: Illegal immigration: wrong then, wrong now

Postby Credo ut intelligam » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:49 pm

From Bill Clinton's 1995 State of the Union address. What a xenophobe!

That no one can imagine an elected Democrat saying anything remotely similar today tells us how far they have drifted leftward to a virtual embrace of Open Borders.

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:08 pm

"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:38 pm

I heard somebody say that the Democrats should just play along when Don claims that his wall is being built. His fans will believe him, everyone else will know better, Congress can get on with its business and we'll save billions of dollars. Wins for everybody.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Credo ut intelligam

Postby Credo ut intelligam » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:52 pm

Want to save billions of dollars? Let's secure the borders and save the $18.5B per year U.S. taxpayers subsidize for health care cost for unauthorized immigrants.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:39 am

A link cannot serve as a post. Read the rules.

app.php/rules

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:17 am

Credo ut intelligam wrote:Source of the post Want to save billions of dollars? Let's secure the borders and sav

The GOP has had the ability to do that for the last two years. They chose not to.

Credo ut intelligam wrote:Source of the post Chuck and Nancy are on the wrong side of this issue.

Dems were swept into office in opposition of this and other Trump policies of the last two years. So your claim is not valid.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:09 am

John Q. Public wrote:I heard somebody say...Wins for everybody.

Everybody but the truth? The "somebody" wasn't John Barron, was it?

I think that plays right into his tiny hands. That's why he's threatening to flip over the table by shutting down the government, to get people to lay off.

Why can't we keep shining a light on his dirty deeds and lies and have Congress get on with its business and save billions of dollars?
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

Donald Trump

Vilepagan

Postby Vilepagan » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:03 am

Credo ut intelligam wrote:Source of the post Let's secure the borders and save the $18.5B per year U.S. taxpayers subsidize for health care cost for unauthorized immigrants.

Let's not forget that many of these "taxpayers" are the same "unauthorized immigrants" you're complaining about.
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:06 am

the $18.5B per year U.S. taxpayers subsidize for health care cost for unauthorized immigrants

You left off "so they can continue to cook their food, cut their grass and clean their toilets"...
George Will

Donald Trump

Credo ut intelligam

Postby Credo ut intelligam » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:34 am

Clean their toilets...

Is that your opinion of what immigrants are suited for?

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:35 am

Is that your idea of an intelligent question?

As you well know, they are allowed to come and live here because they do the work that the people who want to kick them out would never do, as incongruous as what might be loosely described as that thought process would appear to be
George Will

Donald Trump

MDDad

Postby MDDad » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:45 am

Omar Bongo wrote:You left off "so they can continue to cook their food, cut their grass and clean their toilets"...

...they do the work that the people who want to kick them out would never do.

That's quite a generalization, Omar. I think any illegal alien who commits a crime should be deported, and I've been cooking my own meals, cutting my own grass and cleaning my own toilets all my life.

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:14 pm

Any immigrant here illegally has technically committed a crime, so you're for deporting them all? That go for the Dreamers too?

You cook your own meals and clean the toilets in the stores, hotels, and restaurants you frequent, as well as Santa Ana Stadium?
George Will

Donald Trump

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:25 pm

Like I said,

John Q. Public wrote:I heard somebody say that the Democrats should just play along when Don claims that his wall is being built. His fans will believe him, everyone else will know better, Congress can get on with its business and we'll save billions of dollars. Wins for everybody.

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:16 pm

"Artistically designed"...WTF?
George Will

Donald Trump

Credo ut intelligam

Postby Credo ut intelligam » Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:40 pm

Omar Bongo wrote:Any immigrant here illegally has technically committed a crime...

You better not say that out loud around any elected Democrats. You're liable to be called a racist who only has "disdain for brown people."

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:24 pm

Idiot Trump supporters have raised millions on GoFundMe.

I bet GoFundMe loves it. They get a cut.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:31 pm

I wondered about that. How much of a cut?
Make Them Cry Again In 2020

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:35 pm

I think it's about 5%. Not sure.

Return to “Immigration”