Illegal immigration: wrong then, wrong now

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Re: Illegal immigration: wrong then, wrong now

Post by John Q. Public » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:29 pm

Bick wrote:QR_BBPOST Company A now has extra capital from the reduced tax rate, and wants to expand / upgrade facility to add another income channel, and places order for equipment. Company B who assembles the equipment, has excess demand for his current staffing level, and hires another employee. Then places an order for the parts from Company C. Company C needs to manufacture parts, but is also at capacity for employment level, and has to hire another person.
Okay, you've made a circle. How many laps do they do before they realize there's no money being injected?
Bick wrote:QR_BBPOST It's why the stimulus package failed.
Nah. Didn't work at all. Utter failure.

Don't look at me, I just work here.

Bick

Post by Bick » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:42 pm

Omar Bongo wrote:QR_BBPOST Why would receiving a corporate tax break cause him to assume there will be increased demand to justify expanding/upgrading to "to add another income channel"?
Company has a backlog of orders that a new piece of equipment would increase capacity. Increased capacity opens doors for higher demand customers you couldn't otherwise service.

I'm sorry, but your questions seem like you've never worked in the private sector. Have you?

Bick

Post by Bick » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:49 pm

John Q. Public wrote:QR_BBPOST Okay, you've made a circle. How many laps do they do before they realize there's no money being injected?
If a new tax law put $10k a year in your pocket, and you believed investing it into new computers could drive revenue for your business, would you be more or less inclined to take the risk?

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:53 pm

Bick wrote:Increased capacity opens doors for higher demand customers you couldn't otherwise service.
So your saying increased capacity would spur higher demand?
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

Bick

Post by Bick » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:05 pm

Omar Bongo wrote:QR_BBPOST So your saying increased capacity would spur higher demand?
You wonder why I asked if you were being serious? Let's call it a day.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:41 pm

Bick wrote:QR_BBPOST If a new tax law put $10k a year in your pocket, and you believed investing it into new computers could drive revenue for your business, would you be more or less inclined to take the risk?
Not without a $20k a year increase in demand. That would be foolish.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:43 pm

Anyone care to take a shot at what in the hayull he's talking about?

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:05 pm

Heroin I think, but he doesn't mention it comes in through ports of entry and his wall would do nothing to stop it.
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

Donald Trump

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:14 pm

Bick wrote:You wonder why I asked if you were being serious?
I actually wondered why you think business owners would anticipate increased demand for goods and services:
Bick wrote:Those same owners choose to preserve their capital, or put it to work by hiring workers for the increase in anticipated demand of their goods and services.

Vilepagan

Post by Vilepagan » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:47 pm

Bick wrote:QR_BBPOST I'm sorry, but your questions seem like you've never worked in the private sector.
And I'm sorry but your responses seem to describe a set of circumstances that may apply to some companies but certainly not a broad swath of the economy.

It seems to me if you wish to stimulate demand you want to put money in the hands of the people buying the products, not the hands of the people who make the things to be bought...it just makes sense and it worked for Henry Ford. He paid his employees well and they in turn were able to buy the things that Mr. Ford made. Is this idea not compatible with the "private sector"?
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:59 pm

It's nothing new...it's trickle down economics couched in a lot of "this is likely beyond your layman's understanding" doublespeak
Last edited by Omar Bongo on Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fordama

Post by Fordama » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:00 pm

It seems to me if you wish to stimulate demand you want to put money in the hands of the people buying the products, not the hands of the people who make the things to be bought...it just makes sense and it worked for Henry Ford. He paid his employees well and they in turn were able to buy the things that Mr. Ford made. Is this idea not compatible with the "private sector"?
That's old fashioned thinking. It's all about supply side nowadays --no matter how many more decades it continues to fail the American public.
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:08 pm

As for the topic...Bend over Puerto Rico and California, here it comes!

The Trump administration is actively examining using billions of dollars in unspent Defense Department disaster recovery and military construction funds for the construction of a border wall in the event the President declares a national emergency, according to a US official.

In anticipation of a national emergency declaration, the official tells CNN that the Pentagon was asked to provide lists of unspent funds including those earmarked for civil works projects that are part of disaster recovery in Puerto Rico, Texas, California, Florida, and elsewhere.

There is more than $13 billion not yet physically spent on the infrastructure repair projects, but that have been promised to these communities.

https://us.cnn.com/2019/01/10/politics/ ... index.html
George Will

Donald Trump

Credo ut intelligam

Post by Credo ut intelligam » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:35 pm

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:58 pm

For all the geniuses who are saying “um but @realDonaldTrump said Mexico would pay for the Wall...

He did say that about a million times over the last 3 years. Were you unconscious?

I have a question for all the geniuses who think Mexico will "pay money for the wall" through trade negotiations. How exactly does that work? Mexico lets in more American-made cars, Mexicans buy them and GM donates the pesos to the WALL building account? Or, maybe Mexico stops flooding the US with cheap tequila and US consumers pay more for domestic brands and that money goes into the WALL fund? Enlighten me.
George Will

Donald Trump

Professor Fate

Post by Professor Fate » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:10 pm

Now you're just being obtuse again. Those savings can not be used to build the wall without congressional approval. Trump's point, obviously, is that the residual benefits derived from that transaction, would more than compensate for the original outlay of funds.
Make Them Cry Again In 2020

Credo ut intelligam

Post by Credo ut intelligam » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:11 pm

Nancy seems to be conceding the inevitable....

Professor Fate

Post by Professor Fate » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:16 pm

Yes, more and more of the Trump haters are starting to concede that he probably has the authority to do that, and have changed their rhetoric to the "what goes around comes around" variety.
Make Them Cry Again In 2020

Credo ut intelligam

Post by Credo ut intelligam » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:20 pm

Democrats are on the wrong side of the American people.....(again)
POLL: 79 PERCENT OF AMERICANS THINK BORDER IS IN ‘CRISIS’ OR IS A ‘PROBLEM’
A vast majority of American voters believe that the United States is facing a “crisis” or a “problem” on the southern border, according to a new poll by Politico and Morning Consult.

While less than half of those surveyed (42 percent) agree with President Donald Trump’s assertion that the border is in “crisis,” another 37 percent concede that there is a “problem” — meaning 79 percent of voters believe the situation at the border is a serious issue.

Only 12 percent of voters polled said that the situation at the border is neither a crisis nor a problem.

According to data from Customs and Border Protection (CBP), an average of nearly 2,000 immigrants are apprehended at the border each day attempting to cross illegally into the United States.
https://dailycaller.com/2019/01/09/poli ... ans-agree/

Credo ut intelligam

Post by Credo ut intelligam » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:36 pm

Obama was wrong to mislead people but right to scrap dysfunctional insurance products.
“If you like your plan, you can keep your plan.” That was the promise Barack Obama made to insured Americans when stumping for his signature health insurance overhaul back in 2009 and 2010. It’s a promise that’s coming back to sting him now that it isn’t coming true.....
https://slate.com/business/2013/11/obam ... break.html
Change the headline above to: Trump was wrong to mislead people but right scrap dysfunctional border policies, and I think we'll look back with gratitude after the border is finally secured after 35 years of D.C. politicians of both parties kicking the can down the road and ignoring the wishes of the American people.