Illegal immigration: wrong then, wrong now

Credo ut intelligam

Re: Illegal immigration: wrong then, wrong now

Post by Credo ut intelligam » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:24 pm

Wabash wrote:I have no problem with a privately financed wall.
I thought the wall was "immoral"? So is it only the financing that you're concerned with? That's not the position of Chuck and Nancy.

Credo ut intelligam

Post by Credo ut intelligam » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:28 pm

Is there a crack in the "wall" of Leftist Resistance to border security? Steny Hoyer, #2 Democrat in the House said the following yesterday:

"We’ve supported substantial restraints," Hoyer said of Democrats. "We’ve supported fencing. We’ve supported other technologies. So my own view is that this is not an issue of morality. A wall is immoral if it tries to imprison people who shouldn’t be imprisoned."

"A wall that protects people is not immoral," Hoyer said Wednesday. "I think the issue is whether it works."

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video ... moral.html

Credo ut intelligam

Post by Credo ut intelligam » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:42 pm

I just hope Chuck and Nancy don't find out about these immoralities...

Credo ut intelligam

Post by Credo ut intelligam » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:56 pm

Immoral and racist!

“The hypocrisy is raging here. I’ve never seen anything like this. It’s deranged. We have an ongoing problem that results in rapes and murders, illegal drugs, human trafficking. The president, who wants to fix the problem and help innocent people, is being mocked, laughed at, made fun of, and ridiculed and stonewalled by the Democrats. This is what unhinged looks like.” (Rush Limbaugh, JAN.11, 2019)

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:00 pm

Maybe what this site needs is an image posting ban...that would really expose the lack of original thought here, not to mention eliminate hours of scrolling...
Credo ut intelligam wrote:That's not the position of Chuck and Nancy.
Only half wrong on this one, congratulations! :thumbsup:

Is there a crack in the "wall" of Leftist Resistance to border security?

And then this...wassamatta, can't even come up with your own original stereotypical falsehoods? Sigh... :thumbsdown:
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:01 pm

LOL. Factoid: There was once a wall where all those people are standing in the picture up above (hence "Wall" St.). It didn't work. The British invaded by sea.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:04 pm

Omar Bongo wrote: Maybe what this site needs is an image posting ban...that would really expose the lack of original thought here, not to mention eliminate hours of scrolling...
Ya know, I've thought about that - for the same reasons.

Credo ut intelligam

Post by Credo ut intelligam » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:55 pm

John Q. Public wrote:LOL. Factoid: There was once a wall where all those people are standing in the picture up above (hence "Wall" St.). It didn't work. The British invaded by sea.
Yes, I am aware of that. And still, this a typical juvenile response when you are scrambling to oppose common sense. So based on this logic, I assume you will soon be dismantling the wall or fence that lines the borders of your own property?

Because as you say, these things "don't work."

](*,) doh! The emoji doesn't lie!

Credo ut intelligam

Post by Credo ut intelligam » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:57 pm

Remember when Democrats used to support border security? [even if they didn't really mean it]

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:08 am

Credo ut intelligam wrote: ...this a typical juvenile response when you are scrambling to oppose common sense.
I don't know how your parents brought you up, but mine taught me it's never a good idea to insult your host. Especially not a good idea when said host doesn't think real highly of your overall attitude and he has a "Ban" button. Have a nice evening, as they say.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:10 am

Credo ut intelligam wrote:I thought the wall was "immoral"? So is it only the financing that you're concerned with? That's not the position of Chuck and Nancy.
Then I guess I'm not in lock step with them.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:12 am

Credo ut intelligam wrote:So based on this logic, I assume you will soon be dismantling the wall or fence that lines the borders of your own property?
False equivalency. I'm also aware that my backyard wall can be jumped over in less than a second.

Years ago I took the train from DC to Chicago to LA. I was stunned at how many homes in the Midwest have no fences separating them.
Last edited by Wabash on Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:41 am

Credo ut intelligam wrote:Because as you say, these things "don't work."
You really think the wall around someone's property is there to keep people out? Or that it could if someone tried? Please.
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

Donald Trump

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:43 am

John Q. Public wrote:Ya know, I've thought about that - for the same reasons.
How bout a link you could click on to reveal the image if you choose? If doable that would be a good compromise...
George Will

Donald Trump

Fordama

Post by Fordama » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:09 am

Credo ut intelligam wrote:Yes, I am aware of that. And still, this a typical juvenile response when you are scrambling to oppose common sense.
So quit trying to oppose common sense and the problem will be solved.
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

Fordama

Post by Fordama » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:10 am

Credo ut intelligam wrote:I thought the wall was "immoral"? So is it only the financing that you're concerned with? That's not the position of Chuck and Nancy.
No private wall of any significance will be built. Environmental rules, watershed rules--any "wall" that might get built will be laughably short and porous.
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:31 am

The only ones who will benefit from a private built wall are all the consultants that will be required. That group will love cashing the checks from the fools who contributed to the GoFundMe account.

MDDad

Post by MDDad » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:53 am

John Q. Public wrote:LOL. Factoid: There was once a wall where all those people are standing in the picture up above (hence "Wall" St.). It didn't work. The British invaded by sea.
Yes, they did. And if all those Central American "asylum seekers" had the largest, most powerful navy in the world, you'd have a point.

MDDad

Post by MDDad » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:56 am

John Q. Public wrote:I don't know how your parents brought you up, but mine taught me it's never a good idea to insult your host. Especially not a good idea when said host doesn't think real highly of your overall attitude and he has a "Ban" button. Have a nice evening, as they say.
Whoa, whoa, whoa, John. The political side of this forum has consisted of almost nothing but personal insults and belittlement for years. If you threaten that you are immune to such insults because you own the joint, I think we have a problem.

MDDad

Post by MDDad » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:59 am

Wabash wrote:The only ones who will benefit from a private built wall are all the consultants that will be required. That group will love cashing the checks from the fools who contributed to the GoFundMe account.
By any chance, are those the same consultants who are cashing the checks from the fools that contribute to our bullet train?