Illegal immigration: wrong then, wrong now

Wabash

Re: Illegal immigration: wrong then, wrong now

Post by Wabash » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:04 am

One was voted on by the majority. The other was not.

Could you explain what the bullet train has to do with illegal immigration?
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:21 am

MDDad wrote: If you threaten that you are immune to such insults because you own the joint, I think we have a problem.
No, that was just the final straw. Disregard for the rules, disregard for all of the posters, disregard for the site in general and all of the hijacks weighed more heavily.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Bick

Post by Bick » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:34 am

MDDad wrote: Whoa, whoa, whoa, John. The political side of this forum has consisted of almost nothing but personal insults and belittlement for years. If you threaten that you are immune to such insults because you own the joint, I think we have a problem.
Beat me to the punch on that one. Trouble is your point is grounded in objectivity, and clearly a red-headed stepchild over here.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:35 am

MDDad wrote: Yes, they did. And if all those Central American "asylum seekers" had the largest, most powerful navy in the world, you'd have a point.
Add the facts that it was inevitable, the Dutch didn't have a whole lot to lose except some of the tax money and that the Central American "asylum seekers" aren't the most powerful navy in the world. Otherwise pretty accurate.

Bick

Post by Bick » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:43 am

MDDad wrote: By any chance, are those the same consultants who are cashing the checks from the fools that contribute to our bullet train?
Speaking of trains...have you read anywhere but Fox and right leaning outlets about some new congresswoman going on record saying she'd be running train with her progressive agenda? Me neither. Apparently, only right-wing pundits are having a problem with this.
Last edited by Bick on Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

MDDad

Post by MDDad » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:45 am

Wabash wrote:Could you explain what the bullet train has to do with illegal immigration?
I think it's perfectly appropriate to compare one ineffective boondoggle to another.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:47 am

A simple, "none" would have sufficed.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

MDDad

Post by MDDad » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:48 am

Bick wrote:Speaking of trains...have you read anywhere but Fox and right leaning outlets about some new congresswoman going on record saying she'd be running train with her progressive agenda? Me neither. Apparently, only right-wing pundits are having a problem with this.
Sorry, I don't read or listen to Fox or any other right leaning outlets. There are too many worthwhile things to do in this world than spend my time being obsessed with things I can't impact.

MDDad

Post by MDDad » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:49 am

Wabash wrote:A simple, "none" would have sufficed.
That's what I think every time I read one of your posts.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:17 am

Omar Bongo wrote: How bout a link you could click on to reveal the image if you choose? If doable that would be a good compromise...
Works great for email and it wouldn't be hard to do, but for a website, it would be cutting off your nose to spite your face as it would create posts with no content, which is a step below "me too" or posting only a smiley as far as the site's "quality" ranking goes. Bad for "business," as it were.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:21 am

MDDad wrote:That's what I think every time I read one of your posts.
Feel free to block me. ICYMI, I rarely respond to your remarks. I would block you but the board won't let me.

Bick

Post by Bick » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:24 am

John - You've already got a great function that handles the issue for those not interested in the opinions, gifs, and memes of certain posters. Isn't freedom of choice great?
XXXX, who is currently on your ignore list, made this post.
Display this post.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:33 am

Bick wrote: XXXX, who is currently on your ignore list, made this post.
Display this post.
It won't work for the one person I want to block.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:17 am

I don't think the ignore function blocks people's replies to them, does it? I prefer manually ignoring people, anyway. It isn't that hard to do. Unless you're, um... one of those people who feels compelled to reply to anything and everything, whether you have anything to actually, like, "say" or not.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:33 am

It won't let me block MDDad. Something about him being a moderator

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:46 am

MDDad has some mod permissions, as do Crayegg and 18e. You probably can't block them, either.

One of those things that comes with being a respected member of the community.

RPW

Post by RPW » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:05 pm

John Q. Public wrote: One of those things that comes with being a respected member of the community.

damn.
I am The Voice of Reason

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:24 pm

Crayegg and 18e were appointed to the Oversight Committee a few years ago as sort of a "Christopher Commission" for the mods. MDDad was added later. In order for them to do what they had to do, I had to give them some permissions that are on the "mod" menu. To the software that makes them mods whether they actually are or not or whether or not they've ever had reason to use their mod permissions.

Professor Fate

Post by Professor Fate » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:12 pm

John Q. Public wrote: No, that was just the final straw. Disregard for the rules, disregard for all of the posters, disregard for the site in general and all of the hijacks weighed more heavily.
Does that mean you are threatening to ban him, or have already done so.

If he is already banned, how long is he banned for?
Make Them Cry Again In 2020

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:20 pm

He's banned permanently. And he might get some company. The High School board could especially use some housekeeping.