I denounce Harvey Weinstein!

Things to do, watch, listen to, read, drink and eat
Wabash

Re: I denounce Harvey Weinstein!

Postby Wabash » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:20 pm

You must not have gotten the memo.

Secretly deep down inside they were wanting it.

#sarcasm.

They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:42 pm

Now here's where your hypocrisy is.

Harvey's been kicked out of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences and the Hollywood Reporter wonders what they should do about their other problem members. But they only talk about the ones who've been exposed - Roman Polanski, Bill Cosby, Stephen Collins, Woody Allen (who isn't a member), Casey Affleck, Nate Parker and Mel Gibson for his anti-Semitic tirades. They also call out the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences, which includes some of the above and a certain admitted predator named Donald among its membership.

Andy Borowitz posted "Weinstein Scandal Sends Chill Through Remaining Fifty Thousand Scumbags in Hollywood" on Facebook this morning. There's your hypocrisy - not with the victims, but with an entire industry that accepts it, some even bragging about it. And it isn't only Hollywood. Plenty of that going on in the corporate world as well.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:58 pm

John Q. Public wrote:Source of the post by John Q. Public » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:42 pm

Now here's where your hypocrisy is.

No, here's where your hypocrisy is:

Hillary Clinton is confronted by foreign journalist Andrew Marr for commending women that have come forward with claims they were sexual assaulted by movie producer Harvey Weinstein but not for the women who accused her husband former President Bill Clinton of assault and rape.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rg-gyLgNqs

Mr. Marr asked a question of Hillary that no American reporter would ask. She dismissed it as having been in the past. He shouldn't have given her that out. He should have asked her about how she went after Bill's victims back when we did have someone in the White House with a history of sexual abuse.

That's where Hillary's hypocrisy is.
Well, obviously we have giant butterflies in CA. They's climbin' in your windows, They's snatchin' your people up, tryin' to steal 'em. So y'all need to hide your kids, hide your stars, and hide your coaches cause they're grabin' everybody out here.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:18 pm

Big difference.

Let's look at some of those accusers. Elizabeth Gracen was so traumatized by her alleged tryst with Clinton that she parlayed it into a Playboy spread. Willey took a book deal. Gennifer Flowers took her notoriety and tried to transmute it into fame with a New Orleans nightclub. At the end of the day, just about all of them took their time in spotlight as an opportunity to make a buck. No wonder they hung around the Clintons.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:48 pm

And you know none of Weinstein's victims will do the same, HOW?
Well, obviously we have giant butterflies in CA. They's climbin' in your windows, They's snatchin' your people up, tryin' to steal 'em. So y'all need to hide your kids, hide your stars, and hide your coaches cause they're grabin' everybody out here.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:55 pm

Did he ask her about the assaults Trump admitted to?

Hypocrisy is also expecting people to accept and forgive somebody for admitted assaults 10 years ago while constantly harping on another's alleged assaults from 30 and 40 years ago.

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:23 pm

Except that Trump never admitted he did that. He said it was just locker room talk, and he apologized for it. You don't believe men have ever embellished their sexual prowess while talking to other men?

Even the Daily Mail says that Hillary "falsely claimed Trump is an 'admitted sex assaulter,' as she compares him to Harvey Weinstein - but claims allegations against Bill are 'clearly in the past.' "

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... stein.html

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:42 pm

Ohhhh. Right. Locker room talk. That explains the line of women making the accusations.

I'll leave it with you to reconcile with yourself why one is "just locker room talk" but the other, much older and less substantiated one is a serious character flaw that we all should be terribly upset about.

Bick

Postby Bick » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:01 pm

Women and men have thrown themselves at celebrities for...ever? Hollywood producers having their way with more than willing wannabe starlets / stars can't be new news for anyone not born in some remote island. It's hysterical watching these Hollywood and political types running for cover now. Who really buys the notion they "had no idea"? As for Trump or any other celebrity surrounded by groupies, is there a question he didn't grab some willing females? How long a list do we need to make about this? Kobe? Bill Clinton? Wilt? Can either political party claim the moral high ground on this?

Hopefully America can get past electing guys who are great speakers or whatever celebrity is popular du jour, and encourage those who truly are capable of leading our country back into politics. Unfortunately, if this board is a microcosm of America, I don't hold much hope. We're too busy trying to make a point about which shade of crap is more brown with an audience that has zero interest in being objective.

So say hello to our next CIC...President Kamala Harris.

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:10 pm

John Q. Public wrote:Source of the post by John Q. Public » Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:42 am
I'll leave it with you to reconcile with yourself why one is "just locker room talk" but the other, much older and less substantiated one is a serious character flaw that we all should be terribly upset about.
I didn't say it was "locker room talk", and I didn't say it wasn't. My point was that Trump did not admit what Hillary said he admitted. Clear?

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:38 pm

Bick wrote:Source of the post Can either political party claim the moral high ground on this?

No. And that's exactly my point. It isn't okay if Weinstein does it, it isn't okay if Trump does it and it isn't okay if Clinton does it. And it isn't excusable because one of the others did it, too. Whether he admitted it or not.

Interesting that you'd bring up the half-black Harris. The last one of those we had was pretty clean. Nice family man - with a nice family. No skeletons. Except for that one about his birth certificate. Harris' parents are Indian and Jamaican. This could be fun.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:34 am

Professor Fate wrote:Source of the post Even the Daily Mail says that Hillary "falsely claimed Trump is an 'admitted sex assaulter,' as she compares him to Harvey Weinstein - but claims allegations against Bill are 'clearly in the past.' "

Professor Fate wrote:Source of the post And you know none of Weinstein's victims will do the same, HOW?

I already detailed the differences. Time will tell if Trump's and Weinstein's accusers attempt to financially exploit their experiences in a manner similar to Clinton's. As of yet that has not happened.

Bick

Postby Bick » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:17 am

John Q. Public wrote:Source of the post Interesting that you'd bring up the half-black Harris. The last one of those we had was pretty clean. Nice family man - with a nice family. No skeletons. Except for that one about his birth certificate. Harris' parents are Indian and Jamaican. This could be fun.

Interesting as well you bring up her race. I wasn't aware she was black, and believe it or not, I thought Obama was arabic when I first saw him speak in Chicago. Yes, he certainly seems like a nice family man like his predecessors except the husband of the most recent runner-up.

I suppose the idea of Harris being considered as a presidential candidate shouldn't be all that surprising given the low bar of the past 2 presidents.

MDDad

Postby MDDad » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:19 am

Bick wrote:We're too busy trying to make a point about which shade of crap is more brown with an audience that has zero interest in being objective.

Quite possibly the best, most on-point, single sentence posted all year. Great job.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:40 am

Except for the "we" part.

Bick

Postby Bick » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:02 am

Of course I wasn't referring to you JQP. Clearly you're the poster child of objectivity.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:09 am

Bick wrote:Source of the post I suppose the idea of Harris being considered as a presidential candidate shouldn't be all that surprising given the low bar of the past 2 presidents.

The previous president wasn't all that low. Keep in mind we get what we pay for when it comes to public officials.

Bick

Postby Bick » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:19 am

Guess you're OK promoting the "get-back" coach to the top spot after a year. I think the bar should be set a little higher.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:58 am

Bick wrote:Of course I wasn't referring to you JQP. Clearly you're the poster child of objectivity.

That's better. Clinton, Trump and half of the people in showbiz are sleazeballs. My opinion on all of them hasn't changed.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:31 pm

Bick wrote:Source of the postI think the bar should be set a little higher.

We get to vote on those who decide to put their names and lives out there.

Not the people we would like to run.

Return to “Entertainment”